“A lovely place,” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg

You added Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg to your Saves list
Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15, rue Boissy d'Anglas, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Elysees)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Buy 2 enjoy 3
Ranked #364 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“A lovely place,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 days ago NEW

For those of us who love to have both best place to stay and shop in Paris, I highly recommend this hotel. Room and service are among the best in town. Hermes, Bottega, Channel and Gucci are within 5 minutes walk. Due to it's location near the diplomatic quarter, security is a little tight around here. Highly recommended.

Stayed March 2015, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
  • Greek first
Staefa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed 5 days ago NEW

very attentive staff throughout the hotel
personalised service
great location
modern elegant design & decoration

bathroom could receive better cleaning, there was black hair at the bathroom door....
sign of superficial cleaning

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 1 week ago

Having gone to Paris earlier this month for PFW, I needed to be in the centre of things to navigate from. The moment I arrived at the Sofitel, I can honestly say that every single matter was attended to. As I was reporting live from social media at the shows I needed a local number with data - the concierge took care of that without me needing to get involved. Within one hour I had my phone up and running and whiz fast internet which was ultimately indispensable for me. The concierge ironed out a number of issues I had with my phone and directions to places I needed to be. Despite taking up much of their time, their enthusiasm never tired.

The hotel is the right amount of boutique luxury and homeliness. It's not overpoweringly large or overwhelming. My room was just so chic and beautiful, like it was my own studio that welcomed me in the same way a home would, upon my return each day. The colour scheme of the room was warm and inviting, a pale/baby blue and silver grey mix with stunning French elegance and couture. The Hermes bath products gave it that extra sweet touch.

Every night when I returned to my room, the classic FM station was playing on the Bose radio. I cannot tell you what a delight it was to unwind to the sounds of strings and flutes, it was such a nice touch by the Sofitel staff. And on top of that, I was invited to the opening of the restaurant: Stay Faubourg, created by renowned chef, Yannick Alleno, steeped in Parisian style. I went for the seabass and vegetables which was as smooth as butter, and light in taste. The dessert stand at the end, oh my goodness, had everything you could possibly imagine - those macaroons!! On that note, the breakfast is expectantly continental and rich in choice with some of the best smoked salmon I've ever tasted - a must for a kick start to the morning, along with grapefruit juice!

Being next to the American Embassy, the hotel is completely secure and is on a no drive zone so it's very safe at all times of the day and is off the Place De Concorde - very central.

In short the Sofitel Faubourg made me feel so comfortable and wonderful the entire time, with flowers and a bottle of Champagne delivered in my absence for me to enjoy on my return after work, I had no problem adjusting to Parisian life.

Special thanks go to Francoise Guadin, communication and PR director of Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, who went out of her way to make my stay the best it could be. And it was just brilliant, thank you!

Oslo, Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Hotel is perfectly located, in a no drive zone due to the American Embassy NeXT door. The hotel provide great service, the rooms are fantastic and they serve non gluten Food. The restaurant is recently renovated and has a well know chef. If you look for a hotel With the extra touch, this is the Place. We stayed here also in february, and will stay here NeXT time in Paris as well.

• Stayed March 2015, traveled on business
Vincent A, Directeur général at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, yesterday
Dear Guest,

We are delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your parisian stay with us, and we would like to thank you for your review on TripAdvisor.

We are extremely thankful to you for pointing out our ideal location and the great experience you at our STAY restaurant by Yannick Alléno.

We certainly hope to have the pleasure to welcome you again in a near future,

Yours sincerely,

Vincent Arnaud
Moscow, Russia
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Fabulous and well known five stars hotel in the heart of Paris. Close to US embassy, Place Concorde and Champs Elysses. Freshly reopened gastronomic restaurant...
Summarizing all above you would make your choice unambiguously. But wait a second.
As a couple with three young children we ordered two connected rooms. Got confirmation from hotel and voucher as well. But connected rooms are a really rear animals in modern franchise hotels. So when we arrived there were no connection. Two rooms divided by lift hall. Hour of negotiation and at last we got a suggestion: tomorrow we will have what we should have at the arrive. But as one of the connected rooms would be a suite so could you please pay extra half grand euro for the next three nights and it is already a 50% discount from regular price. OK. Fine.
Breakfast takes place in restaurant which is a real gastronomic judging by it's size. We should wait up to ten minutes to be seated and this wasn't a maximum waiting time. Friends of ours, who also were a guests of the hotel at the same dates, warns us that all orders we rather would repeat twice as they has done already. No, we didn't repeat our orders, but waiter needs to consult at a kitchen about any course and when we finally got our meal we realized that forks are no more in use in this restaurant. And for getting forks we had asked twice.
Several more incidents took place but I don't like to attract my readers attentions any more. For justice I should note that all staff were real hospitable, polite and courteous.

Stayed March 2015
Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Hotel is perfectly located within no drive zone due to the American Embassy located next to it. Security wise very good. Had some issues during checking in as they were not able to locate our reservation initially in their system but it was sorted out after waiting for a good 30 minutes. Anyhow was offered free drinks while having to wait.

Had our rooms next to each other with connecting door which was perfect! Rooms are really nice and spacious for Paris standard. Fully equipped with mini bar, safe deposit box, tea coffee making facilities, Bose speaker with ipod dock, writing table, Armchair and Hermes toiletries in the bathroom.

Bed was really comfortable and of course with choices of pillows to choose from. Air conditioning system is also very good and room is brightly lighted.

Breakfast was confined to only cold items. There were no hot items at all including eggs as the kitchen was under renovation. We were not informed when making reservation. Nonetheless Stephen was really good in handling us during breakfast daily and kept apologising for the non availability of hot items. In fact he packed for us some cakes and water on our last day before leaving for the airport.

The other great thing of this hotel would be the locations of boutiques and Metro stations. 3 minutes walk you will come to Lanvin, Hermes, Tods followed by Prada, Gucci and the rest of it. Nearest Metro is at the Louvre which is about 10 mins walk.

Checking out was done in less than 5 mins which was superb! Will I return? Without a doubt I will.

Stayed February 2015, traveled with family
Vincent A, Directeur général at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, 3 weeks ago
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

We are deeply touched to read that we have contributed to make your parisian experience in a success.

It is great to learn that you appreciated not only our perfect location in the heart of Paris, but overall the hospitality of our Ambassadors. Be assured that I will share your warm words with our entire team.

I am also delighted to announce you the opening of our Restaurant STAY, for breakfast, lunch and dinner, imagined by Yannick Alléno.

We hope to welcome you back again very soon at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

Yours sincerely,

Vincent Arnaud

Been to Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg? Share your experiences!