“Great central location, Sofitel quality....” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg

You added Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg to your Saves list
Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15, rue Boissy d'Anglas, 75008 Paris, France (Champs-Elysees)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Magnifique breakfast
Ranked #383 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Northampton Uk
“Great central location, Sofitel quality....”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 1, 2013

We stayed Here for 10th Wedding Anniversay (2006) , first time in Paris so wanted to be central, and posh. Found the hotel the expected level of standard for Sofitel, and really great central location - we walked to everywhere except Montmartre, as we wanted to use the Metro (which was a short walk).
Would recommenda

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear MikeNorthampton,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hotel Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg while celebrating your special 10th wedding anniversary, and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor .

How wonderful that you enjoyed the hotel and its location and we appreciate very much your warm words, this will be a wonderful source of motivation for our Ambassadors.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back soon.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (72)
  • Greek first
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 31, 2013

The Sofitel is in a great location and looks nice at first sight.
Service with minor and major issues: forgot to give me welcome voucher and upgrade allthough I am platinum member, but corrected this immediately after short call (minor). Did not call me a taxi as I requested for the next morning allthough they wrote my name and the time into a list. I relied on this and only noticed after waiting a few minutes, then they called me another one for which I had to wait another 10 minutes. Because of that, I arrived 10min late at my business meeting - to me this is a no-go in a 5* "luxury" hotel.

The interieur and furniture of the deluxe rooms seems old and would need renovation, the sink had a fissure - all in all OK but certainly not 5* standard, but what can you expect in Paris... When you compare this hotel to the Sofitel Amsterdam you would think you ended up in middle class motel in the 1980s.

Please note that this review is also because of the price - when you pay 355€ for a single room excluding breakfast you certainly expect more than this...

• Stayed August 2013
Dear Supacriz,

We thank you for posting your candid comments on TripAdvisor, and reading your comments, I am sorry to see that from a service standpoint, we disappointed you during your stay.

I really would hope to have the opportunity of speaking with you at your convenience. Please do not hesitate to contact me at the Hotel at h1295@sofitel.com as I would be interested to discuss the issues encountered.

Durham, North Carolina
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 30, 2013

Sofitel Le Faubourg was the perfect place to stay for our honeymoon! The location is great - just a 1/2 block from Place de la Concorde. Because of its central location, it was so easy to get to a lot of the major sightseeing attractions. I had stayed in the 4th arrondissement for my visit 2 years ago, which typically required more than one metro transfers from one line to another, so this time I appreciated the convenience of saving on travel time everyday and being able to stop by for a short rest during the middle of the afternoon or to drop off our shopping bags.

Perhaps because we were on our honeymoon, we were upgraded to a luxury queen room. There was plenty of room to move about. Our room had a desk, TV stand and 2 closets. The bathroom was large compared to Paris standards. The vanity was at least 4' long, so it allowed plenty of room to set out our toiletries. I was pleasantly surprised that they provided wash cloths, which you typically do not see in French hotels. Our room faced the courtyard, and we never heard any noise. The bed was super comfortable and luxurious - I felt like I was in my own bed at home. They would leave small boxes of chocolate and bowls of fresh fruit in our room each day.

The staff was very courteous and helpful. The full breakfast buffet, which was included as part of our vacation package, offered plenty of choices, and the croissants - both plain and chocolate - were so flaky and buttery. The coffee they brought to our table each morning was a freshly brewed pot of French press coffee. Instead of simply being a place to "crash" every night, Sofitel became a fond part of our honeymoon memories!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear VikiP,

Thank you very much for staying with us at the Hotel Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg and for sharing your experience on TripAdvisor.

How wonderful to read that you enjoyed the hotel and its location for your special honeymoon trip. We appreciate very much your remarks about our Ambassador, and this will be a wonderful source of motivation for them.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back in Paris.

Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 26, 2013

After traveling to two high-end hotels with poor customer service in Italy, it was a pleasure to stay at this hotel. We had asked our travel agent to call the hotels and let them know we are on our honeymoon. On arrival, the hotel told us they had upgraded out room to a luxury suite. The room was stunning and we were so thankful that they made the effort to make our stay special. They also included the minibar (we didn't use it much but it was very nice).

The customer service at this hotel is amazing. Everyone is nice and attentive. The concierge on several occasions booked us into nice restaurants based on our requirements (unlike many hotels that refer you to places they benefit from). We were also able to bypass the line up for the Louvre because the hotel provided advanced tickets. The house cleaning was good (on a few occasions we found some items were not refilled). The breakfast is decent. Just be aware that it is not complimentary.

We would highly recommend this hotel to travelers and our friends. If we come to Paris again and we will, this is the hotel we will come back to for years to come. Thank you.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, September 1, 2013
Dear 2cents2013,

We would like to thank you very much for your comment on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at the Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

We are delighted to read that you had a memorable time among us during your special honeymoon trip in the City of Lights.
Recognition is very important to us and I am delighted to see that we exceeded your expectations on that manner.

Thank you for your kind comments on entire team, and especially our Concierge team, who assisted you with your restaurant reservations.

We hope to see you again soon at the Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

Kindest regards,

Cannes, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

We stayed for one night at the Sofitel and it was absolutely perfect and I would definitely stay again next time I'm in Paris. Perfect for a group of girly friends who want shopping by day and hip restaurants by night or couples and even people with kids who want to be near the sights. It's ideally located for the high-end boutiques (Chanel, Givenchy, YSL and Hermés as neighbours almost) and restaurant The Buddha Bar is just opposite the hotel so it's perfect. Rooms are smallish but not horribly so and the beds are so comfortable you're guaranteed an excellent night's sleep. Service was great as was the breakfast buffet. Load up on breakfast and you'll likely not want lunch and just need a soup or something small in the evening. One tiny gripe is I was surprised that for a 5 star Paris hotel with travellers arriving from across the globe at all hours and jetlagged etc that the 24-hour room service was very limited. I was starving as hadn't had dinner due to travel and could have murdered a steak and frites or a club sandwich or just poached eggs on toast as we arrived a touch before midnight and the restaurants locally and in the hotel were closed. On room service at that time of night you can basically get spag bol or lamb curry and rice (but who wants that at midnight?) or like veggie soup and a very few other cold type things. In the end I had to order a plate of ham, some sliced bread and some butter and I had to make myself and my son a sandwich in the room like some deranged picnic lady who'd stocked up at the supermarket beforehand to save money but instead it cost me 60 euros!

However, that was a very small gripe.

For the price range I can't imagine getting a better deal or location, so really enjoyed the stay. I would recommend to my friends but advise taking their own snacks if they're likely to want food after midnight and before 6.30am.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear BOHOMOTH,

We would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write such a kind review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

It is great to learn that you appreciated not only our perfect location in the heart of Paris, but overall the thoughtfulness our Ambassadors. Be assured that I have shared your warm words with our entire team.

On the other hand, please rest assured I have discussed your comments on the Room Service menu with our Food & Beverage manager. Thank you very much for such constructive feedbacks, as they are the most valuable tools to help us continuously improve our quality of service.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

Rotorua
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2013

What a perfect place to base yourself, in the heart of all you could want to see in Paris. rooms felt luxourious, staff were attentive polite and so so helpful. We ate in Restuarant first night of stay and the food impressed greatly, great service, kids enjoyed the menu also. Very helpful staff as i have said, really loved our time at sofitel. Breakfast a great selection, staff a bit less attentive in morninngs it felt, but i am being fussy. I would love to stay there again, and if the wife and i returned to Paris we proably would book straight in here

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, September 3, 2013
Dear Steve P,

We would like to thank you very much for your kind review on Tripadvisor regarding your stay at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

We always endeavour our best to make sure our guests have the best experience while staying with us and it is such a great reward to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your parisian trip.
We appreciate your beautiful comments on our restaurant Les Collections. Our Chef Keigo Kimura marries French culinary traditions with subtle flavors, and his inventive cuisine has indeed enjoyed success as one of the rare fine restaurants with a terrace in Paris.

We hope to have the pleasure of seeing you again soon at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

Kindest Regards,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg? Share your experiences!