“Real treat” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #343 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Real treat”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 1, 2013

Lived up to all expectations... And a few more. Service was very professional and staff approachable, nothing was too much trouble. We will most certainly visit again and recommend this little gem. Having stayed at a few hotels in Paris of a certain type this comes out on top on all counts.

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experiences regarding your most recent stay at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

Needless to say we were thrilled that the quality of service met your expectations.
I have passed on your appreciation to our entire team. We appreciate such positive comments as our guests should feel that they are the most special guests.

We look forward to welcoming you again in Paris.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Overall, this is a great place to stay. It's in an ideal location, and the public spaces are very appealing, including a cozy bar with a relaxing, old world atmosphere. The rooms a very small but nicely decorated with fully renovated bathrooms. The employees I encountered at both the front desk and the concierge were very kind and helpful.

I do however, have two major criticisms:

1) - all my jewelry and the box it was in, was stolen! It was taken from my closed suitcase by either housekeeping the day before I left, or by someone who had access to the bell desk closet on the morning of my departure. Either way, it was very disturbing to discover this when I unpacked. My bags were with me at all times on the flight since I had only carryon items. What was taken was all costume jewelry but it had personal, sentimental value.

2) - The rooms facing the front of the building have the best views but are very noisy because of a popular bar across the street. On the weekend nights, it did not quiet down until very, very late. I'm sure the interior rooms are quiet, but then you won't have a view.

Room Tip: Pick an interior room if you need quiet in order to sleep. Lock up your valuables at all times or t...
  • Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Madam,

Further to your review, it is with a focus that I am taking knowledge of these details, as we were not informed on such matter.
Please could you contact me at h1295@sofitel.com as I would definitely like to get in touch with you.

Lima, Ohio, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 31, 2013

Staff all very friendly, helpful and courteous. Every question answered and every request met with. We were very pleased with the location, very close to a metro stop, quiet at night and well secured due no doubt to the close proximity of the US embassy.
We only ate breakfast at the hotel but the buffet was phenomenal !!!

Dear Guest,

Many thanks for taking the time to write such a kind review on Trip Advisor following your stay at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

We are deeply touched to read that we have contributed to make your holidays in Paris so pleasant.
It is great to learn that you appreciated not only our perfect location in the heart of Paris, but overall the thoughtfulness of the teams. Be assured that we will share your warm words with our entire team.

I hope to welcome you back again very soon at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

Mojacar, Spain
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel was the start of our wonderful Round the World trip with sofitel. As the winners of the 80 Magnifique nights competition we were really looking forward to it. The hotel was really lovely, and we were upgraded to a suite. The staff were very friendly and helpful with all our requirements and we had a wonderful 3 days. Thank you so much

Room Tip: The junior suites are excellent if you need to spread out a bit.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

First of all, congratulations for winning the 80th Magnifique Nights Celebration!

How nice to leave such a positive review on Trip Advisor, and we are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time during your stay.

We wish you a memorable and unforgettable Round the World trip with a lot of pleasant surprise and beautiful discoveries in all the countries you will visit.

We hope to have the pleasure to meet you again, and have the pleasure to discuss this unique experience.

Yours sincerely,

Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Dear Freinds, If you want to visit Paris and stay in 5 star hotel I am sure there are many other options with (+) 500 € / per night. We booked a junior suite for 3 adults and luckly one of us couldnt make it otherwise it might be very difficult to breathe in the room. The size of bathroom was ok but the room was too tiny for 3 adults. ( I was wondering their standart rooms ) . The hotel is at the same street with American Embassy so be prepared for extra security ( no cars allowed to the street ) .
Good things: Staff, service , food & location . We tried the breakfast & dinner at the restaurant , both was remarkeble.... Thank you to all kitchen team.

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay at the Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

First of all, we appreciate your comments about the Junior Suite not being convenient size wise for 3 persons. We endeavour to make our rooms as comfortable as possible so our guests get the most from their time away from home. However, an reading your review, I am sincerely sorry to hear you did not feel comfortable, and I regret not meeting you during your stay to discuss such issue.

On the other hand, we are glad that the team offered great customer service. I will definetely pass on your comments to them, and especially to our kitchen team.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, and in the meantime I remain at your disposal at h1295@sofitel.com

Ventry, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The street in which the hotel is located is shared with the US embassy, so it is closed to traffic making it a very quite location. being a stone's throw from Place de la Concorde, it is very centrally located with good Metro connections to all the highlights of Paris.

The staff were friendly and efficient and the rooms were quiet and comfortable

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very engaging review regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

We are glad you found your room comfortable and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Parisian stay.

Our entire team work hard to create unique and memorable occasions for our guest stays. It is truly rewarding to hear from you that we delivered to your expectations too.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was in town for a friend's wedding and had a great stay at the Sofitel. I usually do small boutique hotels in Paris, but stayed at the Sotifel because other members of the wedding party were doing so. I had a marvelous stay. I arrived early in the morning, so my room was not ready. I was offered tea/coffee while I waited. The staff is very proactive and attentive. Knowing that my room wasn't ready and I might have things to do (which I did), someone offered (without me asking) to show me to the spa where I could shower, change and otherwise freshen up.

The hotel is adjacent to the US embassy, so security is tight in the area (cars/taxis must have a purpose to enter the street), but it's easy enough to have the hotel to call a taxi for you or to walk in either direction to one of the main streets to get one. Additionally, there are a couple of metro stops very close by (Madeleine and Concorde). You're within walking distance of the Louvre, the Champs Elysee and a host of other attractions.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read your comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the hotel and our services. Thank you as well for your feed-backs on our dedicated staff, this will be a wonderful source of motivation for them.

We sincerely hope that should you have the occasion to return to Paris, that you would consider staying again at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

Yours sincerely,

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg? Share your experiences!