“A wonderful start” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #354 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Mojacar, Spain
“A wonderful start”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 28, 2013

This hotel was the start of our wonderful Round the World trip with sofitel. As the winners of the 80 Magnifique nights competition we were really looking forward to it. The hotel was really lovely, and we were upgraded to a suite. The staff were very friendly and helpful with all our requirements and we had a wonderful 3 days. Thank you so much

Room Tip: The junior suites are excellent if you need to spread out a bit.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, April 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

First of all, congratulations for winning the 80th Magnifique Nights Celebration!

How nice to leave such a positive review on Trip Advisor, and we are happy to hear that you thoroughly enjoyed your time during your stay.

We wish you a memorable and unforgettable Round the World trip with a lot of pleasant surprise and beautiful discoveries in all the countries you will visit.

We hope to have the pleasure to meet you again, and have the pleasure to discuss this unique experience.

Yours sincerely,

733 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Istanbul, Turkey
3 of 5 stars Reviewed March 25, 2013

Dear Freinds, If you want to visit Paris and stay in 5 star hotel I am sure there are many other options with (+) 500 € / per night. We booked a junior suite for 3 adults and luckly one of us couldnt make it otherwise it might be very difficult to breathe in the room. The size of bathroom was ok but the room was too tiny for 3 adults. ( I was wondering their standart rooms ) . The hotel is at the same street with American Embassy so be prepared for extra security ( no cars allowed to the street ) .
Good things: Staff, service , food & location . We tried the breakfast & dinner at the restaurant , both was remarkeble.... Thank you to all kitchen team.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your recent review on your stay at the Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

First of all, we appreciate your comments about the Junior Suite not being convenient size wise for 3 persons. We endeavour to make our rooms as comfortable as possible so our guests get the most from their time away from home. However, an reading your review, I am sincerely sorry to hear you did not feel comfortable, and I regret not meeting you during your stay to discuss such issue.

On the other hand, we are glad that the team offered great customer service. I will definetely pass on your comments to them, and especially to our kitchen team.

We sincerely hope to welcome you again at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, and in the meantime I remain at your disposal at h1295@sofitel.com

Ventry, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 24, 2013

The street in which the hotel is located is shared with the US embassy, so it is closed to traffic making it a very quite location. being a stone's throw from Place de la Concorde, it is very centrally located with good Metro connections to all the highlights of Paris.

The staff were friendly and efficient and the rooms were quiet and comfortable

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very engaging review regarding your recent stay at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

We are glad you found your room comfortable and we are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your Parisian stay.

Our entire team work hard to create unique and memorable occasions for our guest stays. It is truly rewarding to hear from you that we delivered to your expectations too.

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was in town for a friend's wedding and had a great stay at the Sofitel. I usually do small boutique hotels in Paris, but stayed at the Sotifel because other members of the wedding party were doing so. I had a marvelous stay. I arrived early in the morning, so my room was not ready. I was offered tea/coffee while I waited. The staff is very proactive and attentive. Knowing that my room wasn't ready and I might have things to do (which I did), someone offered (without me asking) to show me to the spa where I could shower, change and otherwise freshen up.

The hotel is adjacent to the US embassy, so security is tight in the area (cars/taxis must have a purpose to enter the street), but it's easy enough to have the hotel to call a taxi for you or to walk in either direction to one of the main streets to get one. Additionally, there are a couple of metro stops very close by (Madeleine and Concorde). You're within walking distance of the Louvre, the Champs Elysee and a host of other attractions.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read your comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the hotel and our services. Thank you as well for your feed-backs on our dedicated staff, this will be a wonderful source of motivation for them.

We sincerely hope that should you have the occasion to return to Paris, that you would consider staying again at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

Yours sincerely,

Boca Raton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I went to Paris to celebrate my birthday with my family, and had
been stolen at Sofitel Le Faubourg .( Accor Group)
Was Paris Fashion week with all the glamour and good prices, and they know that.
We stayed out all day strolling , taking pictures and shopping.
We booked 2 rooms for 4 nights,since our children were coming from Switzerland, where they study . We had 4 friends , who came to Paris only for 1 night to celebrate my birthday, and stayed at Sofitel because of us.
You don't check your luggage every day to see if your belongs are there, since you are in a five star hotel in Europe.
One thing I thought was very strange, is that housekeepers bring the cleaning cart inside your room ( where is no cameras ) and close the door.
They can exchange the towels , the sheets and get whatever they want from your luggage, your necessaries, and shopping bags....
They got a brand new wallet, new belt, and a new bra that I had brought for my daughter from NY.
Don't waist your time asking the hotel staff, they are connivence .
Call Police, you have 24hs after you can't find what you bought in , or brought to Paris.
They said to watch out for pick pockets in the streets, but the professional thieves are inside the hotel.It's unbelievable !!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor , as our guest feedbacks are of paramount importance to us.

Reading your review, it is indeed regretful that you felt your belongings went missing when staying with us, and I trust to belief that you have been in contact with us regarding this matter.

Should you need any further assistance I do remain at your entire disposal by e-mail or telephone.

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The prime location and supremely friendly services are what sell this hotel. I have never had a more pleasant hotel stay (except unfortunately for the construction out front which created some noise -- but obviously this was beyond the hotel's control). I was able to check in early at 10 am and maid service checks on you at least three times daily to ensure you had fresh towels, evian water, etc. aside from the usual tidying and cleaning. Everyone spoke amazing English (and lots of other languages as well as far as I could tell). This was truly an international hotel. Certainly not a cheap stay but compared to the Hotel de Crillon down the street, a relative bargain! I would definitely stay here again and am recommending my brother and sister in law stay here next year as well! They truly do everything they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Oh! I cannot forget "oh really" (auriele?) the bartender/mixologist who made the most AMAZING drinks and provided a wonderful bar atmosphere. We LOVED her!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sofitel Paris le Faubourg during your recent stay in Paris and taking the time to share your comments with us.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for the very positive review of our hotel.
We will share your feedback with our management and teams, and especially with Aurelie our Bar Manager.
Our staff is working hard to make sure every guest feels special and it is always very encouraging when our guests compliment their involvement.

We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Sofitel Paris le Faubourg.

Mélissa Gheude- Alonso
Guest Relations Manager

Been to Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg? Share your experiences!