“Great hotel in a convenient location.” 5 of 5 stars

5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   15, rue Boissy d'Anglas, 75008 Paris, France   |
Hotel deals
Ranked #356 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
New York City, New York
“Great hotel in a convenient location.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 11, 2013

I was in town for a friend's wedding and had a great stay at the Sofitel. I usually do small boutique hotels in Paris, but stayed at the Sotifel because other members of the wedding party were doing so. I had a marvelous stay. I arrived early in the morning, so my room was not ready. I was offered tea/coffee while I waited. The staff is very proactive and attentive. Knowing that my room wasn't ready and I might have things to do (which I did), someone offered (without me asking) to show me to the spa where I could shower, change and otherwise freshen up.

The hotel is adjacent to the US embassy, so security is tight in the area (cars/taxis must have a purpose to enter the street), but it's easy enough to have the hotel to call a taxi for you or to walk in either direction to one of the main streets to get one. Additionally, there are a couple of metro stops very close by (Madeleine and Concorde). You're within walking distance of the Louvre, the Champs Elysee and a host of other attractions.

I'd definitely stay here again.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled with friends

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, March 12, 2013
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read your comments on TripAdvisor. Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience.

We are thrilled to read that you enjoyed the hotel and our services. Thank you as well for your feed-backs on our dedicated staff, this will be a wonderful source of motivation for them.

We sincerely hope that should you have the occasion to return to Paris, that you would consider staying again at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (63)
Boca Raton
1 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2013 via mobile

I went to Paris to celebrate my birthday with my family, and had
been stolen at Sofitel Le Faubourg .( Accor Group)
Was Paris Fashion week with all the glamour and good prices, and they know that.
We stayed out all day strolling , taking pictures and shopping.
We booked 2 rooms for 4 nights,since our children were coming from Switzerland, where they study . We had 4 friends , who came to Paris only for 1 night to celebrate my birthday, and stayed at Sofitel because of us.
You don't check your luggage every day to see if your belongs are there, since you are in a five star hotel in Europe.
One thing I thought was very strange, is that housekeepers bring the cleaning cart inside your room ( where is no cameras ) and close the door.
They can exchange the towels , the sheets and get whatever they want from your luggage, your necessaries, and shopping bags....
They got a brand new wallet, new belt, and a new bra that I had brought for my daughter from NY.
Don't waist your time asking the hotel staff, they are connivence .
Call Police, you have 24hs after you can't find what you bought in , or brought to Paris.
They said to watch out for pick pockets in the streets, but the professional thieves are inside the hotel.It's unbelievable !!!!

Stayed March 2013, traveled with family
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, April 4, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment on TripAdvisor , as our guest feedbacks are of paramount importance to us.

Reading your review, it is indeed regretful that you felt your belongings went missing when staying with us, and I trust to belief that you have been in contact with us regarding this matter.

Should you need any further assistance I do remain at your entire disposal by e-mail or telephone.

Best regards,

A TripAdvisor Member
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 8, 2013

The prime location and supremely friendly services are what sell this hotel. I have never had a more pleasant hotel stay (except unfortunately for the construction out front which created some noise -- but obviously this was beyond the hotel's control). I was able to check in early at 10 am and maid service checks on you at least three times daily to ensure you had fresh towels, evian water, etc. aside from the usual tidying and cleaning. Everyone spoke amazing English (and lots of other languages as well as far as I could tell). This was truly an international hotel. Certainly not a cheap stay but compared to the Hotel de Crillon down the street, a relative bargain! I would definitely stay here again and am recommending my brother and sister in law stay here next year as well! They truly do everything they can to make your stay as pleasant as possible. Oh! I cannot forget "oh really" (auriele?) the bartender/mixologist who made the most AMAZING drinks and provided a wonderful bar atmosphere. We LOVED her!!!!!!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, March 11, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing the Sofitel Paris le Faubourg during your recent stay in Paris and taking the time to share your comments with us.
We are happy you enjoyed your stay and would like to thank you for the very positive review of our hotel.
We will share your feedback with our management and teams, and especially with Aurelie our Bar Manager.
Our staff is working hard to make sure every guest feels special and it is always very encouraging when our guests compliment their involvement.

We sincerely hope we will have the pleasure of welcoming you again soon to the Sofitel Paris le Faubourg.

Best regards,

Mélissa Gheude- Alonso
Manchester, United Kingdom
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 25, 2013

If you have ever visited the Sofitel in Amsterdam, don't book this particular hotel. Good staff, but very low grade 4 star room, no basic facilities such as an iron, kettle, even choose the Champagne from the mini bar too find there were no glasses, TV didn't work. But this was nothing compared to the breakfast experience, arrived 9.58 (breakfast finished at 11 am but told we could not have breakfast in the main dining area), very unclear as to what we were entitled to (35€ per person exc. extras), we choose from the a la carte and received very cold poor quality food (eggs & bacon etc, taken from the buffet area), we asked for this to be resolved and we got back the same dishes, dirty cutlery blitzed under a grill, we left! Very disappointing, not a patch on our fabulous previous three experiences at the Sofitel Amsterdam.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, February 27, 2013
Dear Madam,

First of all, we would like to thank you for taking the time to provide such constructive feedback on Tripadvisor.

Reading your review, we are saddened that some aspects of your stay did not live up to your expectations, especially as we strive to offer our guests a wonderful experience. For this, please accept our sincere apologies.

Our advertised breakfast is indeed 10am, and whilst we offered an alternative breakfast in our Bar 30 with good intention, we are sorry to hear this option was not convenient for you.

Furthermore, and reading the issues encountered with our mini-bar service, and at our restaurant Les Collections, please be assured I have discussed these issues with our Food & Beverage manager . He would like to apologise for such exceptionnal occurrence, and he will rectify and take appropriate measures to avoid this to happen again

Our aim is to offer a consistent product and service to each and every one of our guests. We sincerely hope that we may have the opportunity of making amends for this less than satisfactory stay.

Please do not hesitate to contact me directly so I can ensure that you have a wonderful next visit.

Souther England
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

Stayed here for a short break with the children, in two adjoining rooms. It wasn't cheap but nowhere decent in Paris is, and I can honestly say we loved this hotel - the location is excellent, very central (1 min walk from Place de la Concorde and a reasonable walk from the Louvre) and on a small road shared with the American Embassy - armed guards on either end therefore restrict traffic to a minimum, hence making it very quiet and secure. It's also in the middle of the premier shopping district for Paris, with lots of opportunities for window shopping, and there are a number of excellent small restaurants nearby. The staff were extremely welcoming and helpful, all spoke perfect English but were also very patient with my poor attempts at French. We didn't book breakfast at the hotel, as this was too pricey, but ate at a next-door bistro, where 3 breakfasts were ample for 4 good appetites.

Our double room was quite small, though probably average size for a city-centre hotel in a historic building - however, the adjoining twin room was larger than I would have expected. The public areas downstairs are all very nice, there is a cosy bar with log fire and a small fitness area (which we didn't use), the beds were the most comfortable we have ever slept in, the bathrooms large with excellent showers and the toiletries were of the highest quality (Hermes, whose HQ is just up the road). Sound insulation was excellent, the rooms were very quiet.

Downsides were very few and all minor - the hotel needs a little redecoration in parts, the paintwork in the upstairs corridors was a bit scuffed here and there, the carpets in our bedrooms had seen better days (although the curtains and silk wallcoverings looked brand new, so maybe redecoration is in progress) and there were a couple of (well repaired) minor cracks in sinks and tiles; room service trays left outside the doors tended to stay there all day and there was occasionally an unpleasant smell of cigarette smoke in the upstairs corridors, arising (I discovered) from the fire stairs, which in the bitterly cold weather seemed to have become an unofficial smoking zone in this otherwise non-smoking hotel.

Overall this place was a real find and we would love to return - highly recommended.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, March 3, 2013
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for leaving such a flattering review on your experience at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg.

In your extensive comments, you describe all aspects of your stay in detail, which provides us valuable feedback. Those are truly grand words about our ambassadors, which we highly appreciate. It is rewarding that you mention the service we provide, as our entire team takes great pride in creating such magnificent moments.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to our hotel in the near future.

Athens, Greece
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

For personal reasons(not job) I have been in Paris five times the last five years staying in different hotel each time. This was my best choise so far. Very good position so can walk even to the left bank or the Marais or champs élysées. Room was quite big and clean with Hermes toiletries. Soft mattress and very goog buffet breakfast though without fresh omelet. (Only with extra charge). Our reservation from an agent bb was good value for money. For: All around you there were quite people not noisy groups etc.

• Stayed February 2013
Mélissa A, Responsable relations clients at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, responded to this review, February 21, 2013
Dear Guest,

How wonderful to read your positive review on TripAdvisor, thank you very much for sharing them!
We are thrilled to read that you thoroughly enjoyed staying at Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg, and it is our hope to welcome you again.

Guest Relations Manager

Been to Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg? Share your experiences!