We stayed for two nights in this hotel, during a weekend trip to Paris.
The hotel is located in a quiet street just off the Place de la Concorde, and across the street from the Buddha Bar and Le Crillon Hotel. It is steps away from La Madeleine and le Faubourg Saint-Honoré. There is a metro station nearby (Line 1) and the location is quite convenient. You can walk to the Champs-Elysées and the rest of the city is easily accessible by metro or taxi.
The hotel is located in a beautiful building, and you enter into a huge lobby, tastefully decorated with a nice contemporary touch and done in muted tones of grey. There are beautiful flowers everywhere and the ambience is one of understated luxury. As soon as you step into the hotel, a butler takes your luggage and you are directed to the reception. There are lots of comfortable couches and seats at your disposal, and it is a warm and comfortable environment. We had drinks at the bar one evening and I really loved the place. Great decoration with some quirky touches creating a warm atmosphere of dark colors and purple.
We chose a superior room, and we were accommodated on the 6th floor at the end of the corridor, with windows overlooking the very quiet courtyard. During our entire weekend, we did not hear a single sound from outside or another room: absolute bliss! Our room was not very large, and decorated in a classical fashion, with a marble bathroom lacking charm, and with the usual Hermès amenities and lovely turned down service. The bed was extremely cozy and comfortable, and the room was a nice respite from the cold Paris December. Looking at the photos on the website, I would have probably preferred a more contemporary room, but I cannot fault the impeccable taste of ours, just a bit too conservative for me.
Not included in our room, therefore I cannot comment.
Good service, somewhat not to par with the usual excellence of Sofitels. We had to wait a bit at the reception, no soul was to be found to bring our luggage to our room and we ended up doing it ourselves, and entry cards for the room, which had not been programmed, ending up with us having to go back to reception to get them changed. However, the staff was friendly and tried their best to give us an enjoyable stay.
Reasonable price for the offering, but it was not really high season.
Cosy and luxurious, in a great location, with a reasonable price tag. The offer is so plentiful in Paris that I don't know if we will return, but it was a nice experience. I was particularly happy with the quiet room!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Place de la Concorde and Place de la Concorde, this fashionable outpost is also a few steps away from the exclusive Faubourg Saint-Honoré, internationally renowned for its luxury boutiques. Inside this haven of tranquillity, 125 rooms are traditionally decorated whereas the 21 Suites and the "Couture" Apartment were designed in a contemporary spirit by the French designer Didier Gomez. The hotel featured a gourmet French restaurant and a charming landscaped terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Booking.com, Travelocity, Orbitz, Venere, Cheap Tickets, Priceline, Tingo, Otel, Agoda, TripOnline SA, ACCOR and Odigeo so you can book your Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Le Faubourg Hotel Paris
- Sofitel Hotel Paris
- Sofitel Hotel Le Faubourg
- Sofitel Paris
- Hotel Paris Sofitel
- Paris Sofitel