We have just spent a long weekend in Paris. Travelled by the excellent Eurostar. What was a let down was the service in the hotel Sofitel Le Faubourg. What a pity, as the position and room was as expected. What was lacking was a warmth of welcome, an effecient communication system between and from members of staff and finally some form of gratitude for your stay at their hotel! Perhaps they rely on too many tourists from the Orient to fill their rooms and have little expectation of 5 star service.
Perhaps, two examples will make you think twice about staying at this hotel. We always phone housekeeping on our way out in the evening, to allow them to service the room; on our return the room had not been touched and the towels needed to be changed as a minimum requirement. Phoned the housekeeping manager who said it would be done, but not sure when. We suggested he get on the job asap and we would await his call in the lounge, none came! We had to call him to check if it had been completed. Another example of the left hand not knowing what the right is doing, was a dinner reservation that we requested from the Concierge. Only by us checking with him, did we learn that no reservation had been made, as the restaurants was full. This would not have been a problem, but they did not have the intelligence to call us to ask if we would like another reservation to be made. We would have turned up at the restaurant and made to feel like idiots! Not good, but perhaps too Parisian?
Absolutely NOT a five star hotel, but charge as if they are. Caveat emptor.
Dr & Mrs Lando
- Also Known As:
- Sofitel Le Faubourg Hotel Paris
- Sofitel Le Faubourg Hotel
- Sofitel Hotel Paris
- Sofitel Hotel Le Faubourg
- Sofitel Paris
- Hotel Paris Sofitel
- Paris Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located near Place de la Concorde and Place de la Concorde, this fashionable outpost is also a few steps away from the exclusive Faubourg Saint-Honoré, internationally renowned for its luxury boutiques. Inside this haven of tranquillity, 125 rooms are traditionally decorated whereas the 21 Suites and the "Couture" Apartment were designed in a contemporary spirit by the French designer Didier Gomez. The hotel featured a gourmet French restaurant and a charming landscaped terrace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Splendia, Tingo, Agoda, Otel, ACCOR, Expedia, Travelocity and Venere so you can book your Sofitel Paris Le Faubourg reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.