“Modern Hotel” 4 of 5 stars

Ranked #3 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Naija
“Modern Hotel”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 28, 2014

Recently stayed in this hotel for 3 nights with my daughter and would say we had an enjoyable time in Paris. My first reservation about the hotel was when I was double charged the room rate before arrival. I brought this to their notice and was promptly refunded with due apologies. However, that kept me on my toes regarding everything I did there.

Pros
Quiet street.
Tasty in-room dining food with very lovely desert.
Nice infinity pool and hot tub
Excellent concierge.

Cons
The design of the executive room we stayed in is impractical. The food trolley could not pass through to the seating area.

The bathroom though quite nice with all glass has inadequate shelves or storage space for toiletries.

The breakfast was just average.

• Stayed April 2014
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, May 4, 2014
Dear Madam,

First of all I would like to thank you for choosing Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris for your recent stay in Paris with your daughter.

We highly value your feedback and would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. We would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks and have more details.
Kindest Regards

Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris
37 avenue Hoche
75008 Paris
e.mail : generalmanager.paris@raffles.com
tel : +33 1 42 99 88 00

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2014

Staying there on a regular basis and I can tell it offers great service, location and staff. Surely one of the best hotel in Paris. Great pool and gym. Food is excellent although quite pricey, A very good experience

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Michael,

Greetings from The City of Lights !

Thank you very much for this great review that you took the time to publish on Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

I am most grateful for your loyalty and I am delighted to read that you enjoy a great service and a very good experience upon each of your stay with us.

I already look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back your Parisian home.

Taipei
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 25, 2014

very artistic hotel in a nice location in paris. almost everything is excellent except the room itself can't quite be called roomy, but it's just normal in paris. the services are particularly good. and the bed is probably the most comfortable compared to those in the 50+ five-star hotels i've every stayed.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Dear Rodney,

Thank you very much for your precious recommendation on Trip Advisor. We are most grateful that you took the time to publish this review about your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. The support of our guest is the most precious recognition we can receive.

I am delighted that you choose to stay with us while in Paris and that you enjoyed the comfort of the bed and our convenient location.

I look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

Kindest Regards to Taipei,

Newcastle, UK
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 24, 2014

Just returned from three wonderful nights at the hotel in a junior suite. The suite was a fantastic size with a huge walk-in wardrobe.. Amazing bathroom with a deep bath and separate walk-in shower, complete with Clinique toiletries... There's also a separate toilet with an electric toto toilet. Amazing! A generous sized living area and bedroom. Two televisions... One in the lounge and one in the bedroom. Hidden behind the mirrors. There's an in room guitar if you're feeling artistic... And lots of art. The in room dining menu was extremely varied... And I called down to room service to ask if I could order from one of the Michelin star restaurants. (The hotel has two). Absolutely! They sent the menus to my room... And I ordered a wonderful selection of beautifully presented food. The best room service ever. There was one small mishap with room service... And Nicholas (f&b manager) quickly rectified the issue promptly and with friendliness. He sent a delicious tray of treats to the room. Very much appreciated. I enjoyed the relaxing charm of the hotel. One thing I noticed, I didn't hear a single noise in my junior suite from other guests. The rooms must be extremely sound proofed. I even took advantage of asking for a Nintendo wii in my room... Needless to say I didn't get bored. The only disappointment I found, which is minor, is that there were no complimentary bottles of water in my room when I arrived. This would have been a nice welcome amenity. The bottles in the minibar were €10. A bit pricey. They did leave a small bottle of water at turn down which was nice. Aside from that, no complaints at all! The staff were extremely friendly. Everyone I met and spoke to were courteous and friendly. There was no snobbery that you sometimes experience at 5 star hotels. I felt so welcome at all times. Even as I left the hotel, and opened the taxi door, a member of staff came running over and apologised for not realising I was getting in the taxi. I'll be back!

Stayed April 2014, traveled solo
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, April 25, 2014
Dear Craig,

Wow, What a Great Review ! Those are the first words which came to my mind when I read your article.
Thank you very much for taking the time to write on TripAdvisor about your experience at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. The support of our guest is the best recognition we could receive and we highly value your recommendation on Tripadvisor.
Please, be assured that I have taken great care in relating your compliments to the entire team of Le Royal Monceau and especially to Nicholas our Food and Beverage Manager. This will encourage us to do even better upon your return .

We already look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Your Parisian home.

DUBAI, UAE
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2014

Occasionally you find gems of hotels where every single person working at the hotel lk we what they do and goes out of their way to make your stay as good as possible. Incredible service, awesome food, design classic rooms - even a kids concierge. Unbelievably good.

• Stayed April 2014
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for your wonderful review!

It really is a delight to read comments like yours and see that we have succeeded in making your stay at Le Royal Monceau unbelievably good. This is exactly what we wish for our guests and that is the reason why all of us are trying to “go out of the way” to achieve that.

Please be assured that your impressions have been shared with everyone and that the team members of the departments you mentioned have been very proud to hear that they helped to make your stay memorable.

We are hoping to welcome you back very soon to Le Royal Monceau Paris!

Moscow, Russia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

Excellent location, full of Philippe Stark design masterpieces, extremely attentive guest relation, reception and concierge desk services. This hotel gives you memorable impressions of right size modern swanky hotel to meet all you wishes along your staying in Paris.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Greetings from the City of Lights!

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a Luxurious and Friendly review of Le Royal Monceau Raffles on Tripadvisor.

The entire guest relations, reception and concierge teams join me in saying “Merci Beaucoup”. They have been very sensible to your compliments and above all very glad that they have succeeded in making your stay a memorable one.

It is with much pleasure that we are waiting to welcome you back very soon to your modern Parisian palace.

Kindest Regards to Moscow,

5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 22, 2014

My husband and I stayed at Le Royal Monceau for Easter holiday. We had a wonderful time there from the beginning to the end.
The hotel is amazing and it is perfect for art lovers. There is an art gallery inside the hotel. Furthermore, you will find in your room a list of suggestions about the best exhibitions you can visit in Paris during your stay. The staff is very kind and efficient. I really recommend this hotel.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Dear Cate,

Thank you very much for your kind words and recommendation on Tripadvisor. We are very flattered to by the precious title of your review.

It is always a great pleasure to read that Le Royal Monceau’s artistic side is appreciated by our guests. Philippe Starck, Joanna de Vasconcelos, Kochiro Doi, Rune Guniriussen and Stephane Callais are among the great contemporary names who gave that unique artistic soul to Le Royal Monceau. Our Art Concierge, Julie guides and advises our guests as they visit Paris, keeping them posted on current art news and devising tailor-made plans

Again, we thank you for your warm words and we are hoping to welcome you back very soon for another wonderful time in Paris.

Best wishes,

Ömer Acar

Been to Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris? Share your experiences!