“Perfection in Paris” 5 of 5 stars

SUITE STAY WITH A CREDIT
Ranked #3 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
“Perfection in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 7, 2014

Our visit to Le Royal Monceau has been wonderful from beginning to end.

I recommend to start your evening with aperitif at the bar of the hotel- do try Signature cocktail and Thai Mojito, followed by dinner in any of the two restaurants- you will not be disappointed no matter which one you choose. Both are very popular -with the guests of the hotel and local residents. Apparently recently Sting dined here – oh why not on the evening when we were there?!

My compliments to the hotel decor and small touches- no matter how small these touches are they always determine how important you are to the hotel as a guest. If you are not satisfied with tarnished gold, dusty thingies and flowery wallpaper which you will find in the majority of 5* hotels in Paris- hurry up to Le Royal Monceau- here you will find luxury without a hint of rigidness/ stiffness/ constraint.

The rooms are bright, spacious with unexpected elements- I spent an hour admiring the wonders of design and creativity in my room. Draw the curtains- and the room is transformed with reflections of the lighting design in the mirrors. It is a modern palace of luxury, true palace of 21st century- without formality but with precision, impeccable service geared towards the most demanding guests, and full of refined decor. Immaculate perfection- without annoying sweetness of perfection.

At your disposal are the spa with the longest swimming pool any hotel claims in Paris, private cinema, art gallery, boutique and warm hospitality of the staff.

This hotel doesn’t shout about its presence with bright flags or huge signs outside, instead this is a hotel with distinct image for sophisticated guests.

Staff is very friendly too- we saw the executive chef in the morning who recognised us and said hello asking wherther we enjoyed our dinner, the reception ladies are very helpful and we were sad to leave so soon. In the city where it's so easy to spend lots of money without getting any value out of it this hotel stands out as a big exception. Can't wait to come back- even if it's just for a cocktail.

Room Tip: I stayed in the courtyard junior suite- very spacious and quiet
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, April 9, 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about your experience at Le Royal Monceau Raffles.

Your excellent comments on our facilities and welcoming staff are highly appreciated and we could not have wished for a better description or a title.

We aim to make each of our guests feel like home and we pay much attention to details in order to do that, therefore, I am very glad that we have achieved doing this during your stay.

I will make sure that everyone from Le Royal Monceau team will hear your kind words, especially our lovely receptionists and talented chef.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon to your Parisian home, either if it is for a Thai Mojito, a movie night or an unwinding massage.

Until then, I wish you all the best from the City of Lights and a marvelous week.

Ömer Acar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 6, 2014

Great, great place to stay (note this is a delayed review as we stayed there in March 2013). We had the gallery suite, and in it was probably the biggest bed we've ever slept in. Also very clever use of mirrors everywhere which made the room feel very spacious. Made us feel like stars. Very efficient room service, with nice tasting menu. In general food was excellent (they even had a popup Nobu whilst we were there), and nice cocktails in the bar. A great plus with this hotel is that it is one of few in Paris that has a swimming pool. Courteous staff. We liked it so much that we extended our stay by one night. Perfect place for a romantic weekend. Cant wait to go back there again.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Joanna,

Greetings from the City of Lights!

Thank you very much for sharing your marvelous experience at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris on TripAdvisor.

It is with pleasure that I have read your kind words about our royal rooms, food and services and be assured that I will further pass them on to all the team, who will be very delighted.

We strive to provide excellent services and make each of our guests feel like a “star”, therefore I am thrilled to hear that we have achieved to make your stay a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon to your Parisian home.

Best wishes,

Aspen
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 4, 2014

My husband and I were lucky enough to stay in this luxurious hotel. Everything from the front desk/restaurants/bars/concierge/rooms/spa are decorated so chic. We loved the modern amenities & will return

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Raffles Hotels & Resorts

leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, April 5, 2014
Dear Jenny,

I would like to thank you for choosing Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris for your recent trip to Paris and for taking the time to post this review on Tripadvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the modern amenities, the decoration and that you found luxury on all levels at Le Royal Monceau .

We already look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to your Parisian home.

Kindest Regards to Aspen,

Riga
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 30, 2014

The hotel scored on absolutely every point possible and so much more.
Every single detail is amazing, everything is thought of. Clarins spa is a great place for relaxing after a busy day in Paris. The concierge team can do magic with your precious time in Paris.

• Stayed April 2013
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, April 1, 2014
Dear Madam,

Merci Beaucoup as the French would say ! Indeed thank you very much for this amazing review you took the time to wrote on your experience at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We are delighted to read that you found a calm oasis at our Spa My Blend By Clarins and that thanks to our concierge team you were able to make the most of your time in the City of Lights.

The entire team of Le Royal Monceau could not wish for a better title for a review and remains extremely grateful for all your support.

We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you soon again to your Parisian home.

Kindest Regards,

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 21, 2014

My family and I just came back from Le Royal Monceau in Paris and it was simply the best. The concierge service was incredible and helped me to plan my trip when I was still in NYC. The head concierge Laurent Coppis is wonderful, but I mainly worked with Jose Vandevoire and Margaux Medeaux. These two people suggested fabulous restaurants and activities and really did everything to ensure that my family had a great trip. The rooms are lovely and very modern. We had a family package which included a suite connected to a double bed room. PERFECT for our family. The breakfast buffet at this hotel was out of this world. My family and I would agree that it was the best breakfast we have had. The quality, presentation and variety were divine. One of the Managers at the restaurant- Monsieur Acar and my server Yassin Saleck were so friendly, helpful and genuinely cared about our dining experience. We will definitely return to this splendid place next time we are in Paris! My only criticism is the spa. I found the staff NOT helpful and a bit RUDE! My massage was fair at best!!!!!

Room Tip: We had a room facing the interior courtyard which was lovely and quiet! Rooms are immaculate and I a...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, March 25, 2014
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your wonderful experience at Le Royal Monceau on TripAdvisor.

I was very delighted to read your kind words and that we have managed to make your family vacation a memorable visit in the City of Lights. I am thrilled to read that everything went perfect, from the best breakfast you have ever had , to your comfortable and modern rooms. I will be glad to pass your appraisals to all the team, with a particular mention to our lovely concierges, Laurent, Jose and Margaux and our enthusiastic Yassin from La Cuisine.

However, I regret that the Spa was not up to the standards during your stay and I would like to express my most sincere apologies, with the hope that there will be a next time to prove you that we provide excellent service. Be assured that I have reviewed your comments with the team concern so as to take immediate action.

We are looking forward to welcome you and your family back to your Parisian home.

Best wishes to New York City,

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 19, 2014

We have been to Paris many times - and each time we find new places we love. Staying at Royal Monceau was just amazing! Gorgeous public spaces - and exquisite rooms with perhaps the finest bathrooms (and mirrored closets!) we have ever seen. Design details are evident with every corner of this fine hotel, yet it is warm and so inviting. This is Philippe Starck at his finest! Staff was A+, and food among the best we have ever had. The hotel truly runs like a top - kudos to the management team. A great hotel in a favorite city!

Room Tip: The Junior Suite is huge and a great layout.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, March 20, 2014
Dear Peter,

Greetings from the City of Lights !

Thank you very much for taking the time to share this marvelous experience on Tripadvisor.

This is exactly the kind of feedback we wish for and your kind words will be passed directly to the whole team here. I am thrilled to hear that we have made your stay an amazing one and that you have felt welcomed in our “exquisite rooms and finest bathrooms”.

We strive to provide an excellent service for our guests, starting from the decoration to the ambiance ending with our detail-oriented staff, therefore I am very pleased to read that we have succeeded in creating your visit in Paris a memorable one.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian home, Le Royal Monceau and wish you all our best until the next time.

Adelaide Hills, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 10, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I stayed for four wonderful days at the Royal Monceau. Absolutely the best place to be in Paris. Especially the delightful room service -Merci Julia!-
The spa was amazing!
Can't wait to come back!

• Stayed February 2014
leroyalmonceauparis, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear Ashley,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a wonderful review of your stay on Tripadvisor!

Your feedback is highly valued and I will personally relay your kind words to the entire team, with a particular mention to Julia.
I am thrilled to hear that you have enjoyed the Spa My Blend By Clarins and also that you can’t wait to come back!

Thank you again for all your great feedback, we look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, very soon.

Ömer Acar

Been to Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris? Share your experiences!