“Details can ruin a lot of well done things” 2 of 5 stars

Special Offer
SUITE STAY WITH A CREDIT
Ranked #3 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Europe
“Details can ruin a lot of well done things”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed May 8, 2013

I traveled to Paris many, many times. I tried all the 5* hotels till now. Last december (2012) one of my best friends recommended me to try this hotel. The lady opinion counts for me, as long as she travel a lot, trying to find exquisite destinations. The hotel look very nice, totally face-lifted by Philip Starck. Our Junior Suite was really very nice looking and the hotel bar was very cozy, a nice place to spend some time before or after dinner. But, from the point of view of the services, something happened for first time in our history as travelers.
One morning I was enjoying the breakfast with my husband, on a window table for two. Next to us there were another 3-4 occupied tables. Out of the blu, a gentleman came to us and asked very sharp... to leave, because the restaurant must prepare the tables for brunch. Then he goes to the rest of the people's to deliver same message. We've been amazed. We asked to speak with the manager, but the manager was exactly the guy which delivered the message. We asked then to speak with the Guest relation manager, a nice and professional lady which apologized for the incident. The idea is that the kind of clients of this sort of hotels agree to pay the huge tariffs for best services, for being pampered by the personnel and respected by them, not only for a nice room with hot water!!! Something like this just cannot be happening, to be literally thrown out of the restaurant, using words like that, directly and simple!!!
And speaking about the services, being December, outside was very cold and, in order to go to the hotel main lobby, to the restaurant or to the bar, after you go out from the elevator you must pass through a small lobby and to open a very heavy door. It was cold in this small lobby because of the continuously opening of the front door and only sporadically we found somebody to open the second door for us, otherwise we had to use our arms muscles in order to succeed opening that door... What can I say... Small details could ruin a lot of things well done...

Room Tip: Regular rooms are very small. Try a Junior Suite.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, May 22, 2013
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review and feedback on TripAdvisor.

I am delighted that you enjoyed the hotel’s new look by Philippe Starck and that you found Le Bar Long to be cozy and a nice place to spend some time.

However, I was disappointed to read that some details kept you from thoroughly enjoying your stay. Regarding the door, I am happy to share with you that we have recently installed a revolving door at the main entrance which keeps the lobby at a stable temperature , thus avoiding the nuisance you unfortunately went through.

As for the incident during your breakfast, please accept my apologies for the inconveniences caused to you, I can assure you that I have immediately reviewed this point with the teams involved .

We highly value your feedback as it is what enables us to keep improving our services. I hope we will have the opportunity to welcome you back to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris and prove to you that what you experienced is not the level of service we offer our esteemed guests.

Ömer Acar

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 2, 2013

I was planning to propose to my now fiancée in Paris, and after looking around at all the various 5* hotels around, I settled for Raffles.

Having been planning this proposal for quite a while, and emailing the the hotel back and forth, they could not have been more accommodating, everyone from guest relations to the concierge team were nothing short of amazing. By the time I got there, I was welcomed as if we were family. It says a lot when the doormen welcome you by your name when you first arrive (before even checking-in!).

The hotel itself is exactly what you would expect of a upper 5* hotel in one of the world's fashion capitals, Stark clearly left his mark here. Whilst the location of the hotel is very central, it is only two streets away from Champs-Élysées, it is enough to take you away the busy/touristy side of it all.

The rooms were extremely clean, spacious and had an understated luxury which I much prefer. A more modern twist to the usual Parisian glamour.
The service we experienced during our stay was exceptional, for example; we went to Guy Savoy's restaurant for dinner, which was approximately a 10min walk from the hotel. The hotel were already aware of this reservation, so when I asked the concierge team which way would be the best to walk, his reply was along the lines of: "please do not worry Monsieur, the concierge car is already waiting for you outside".

I'll be returning to Paris, and the one thing is for sure, I don't have to worry about where to stay. Le Royal Monceau, you've got yourselves life long customers here. Kudos indeed!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Sir,

First of all, congratulations on your engagement !! We are touched that you chose to share this very special moment with us at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris. And thank you very much for taking the time to write this most kind review on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to host you and your fiancee. I am thrilled that you had an enjoyable stay and that our team provided an accommodating and exceptional service. The team will be delighted to read your wonderful comments. I am also very happy to see you enjoyed our rooms and the Philippe Starck design.

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian Home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris and, once again, congratulations!

Best wishes,

Morocco
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 26, 2013

We wanted to check out the newly renovated Royal Monceau Hotel and fancied a few cocktails so we headed out on a cold night for some fun.

The hotel is quite impressive from a design point of view and has two good restaurants one of them is a franchise of Nobu the other an italian. The whole hotel is very cool and full of young sexy people having a good time.

We were escorted to the cocktail bar by a very helpful and very sexy french hostess. The cocktail bar is really impressive its high and back light and theres is a long glass high table lit from underneath as a centre piece to the bar were we sat. The menu has a large selection of long cocktail drinks, beers spirits, wines and modern tapas. They have a resident dj and he was banging out some silky smooth funky house beats all throughout the hotel lobby, restaurant and bar area.

Our cocktail waiter was a bit useless and had an attitude of being far too sexy for his white cocktail jacket. The misses ordered a long rum based cocktail and I had a very large glass of Cote du Rhone. We munched on spicy wasabi peas and fat spanish olives.

Afterwards we explored the hotel, the toilets were all in white marble and I had to think of the toilet scene in the film the shining where the cheese finally slips off Jack's cracker and realises he's going mad! The hotel has a great boutique full of arty books and gifts to browse over.

Check it out its very cool

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
royalmonceau, Directeur général at Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris, responded to this review, May 4, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your comment on Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris with the community of Tripadvisor. We love to read that Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris is impressive.

We are thrilled to read that you had such a nice stay with us while in the City of Lights and that Jean-Edouard Lipa, our DJ, and his silky smooth beats were to your satisfaction. You can count on me to personally relay your compliments to him and the rest of the team.

However, we have taken to heart your comment regarding the behavior of the cocktail waiter. It is most disappointing that you received an inappropriate service and I wish to apologize for the inconveniences caused to you. Let me assure you that I have personally reviewed this point with the team concerned so as to take immediate action.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back so you can enjoy our Chefs Laurent Andre and Gabriel Grapin’s fresh spring menu at La Cuisine.

Kindest Regards,

geneve
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 23, 2013

since the hotel opened after renovation in 2010, everything is getting better and better, fm service to food, and i think the hotel is becoming mature enough now to offer the best Paris has to offer in terms of hotel. I enjoyed every minute of my stay, room service was excellent, the bar is really nice and lively now, the brunch on sunday on the terrace is the best in Paris. Location is amazing. Every Paris lover should try this hotel, you will even be more in love with Paris after your stay at the RM.

Room Tip: Junior suite very comfortable and spacious.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Greetings from the City of Lights!

Thank you for taking the time to post this second review on Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We are delighted to read that you think the hotel is improving and offering the best Paris has to offer. It is always a great reward to know our guests enjoyed their stay with us and that it only made them love Paris more!

We look forward to welcoming you back to your Parisian Home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

Toronto, Canada
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

The Raffles is in a nice location. We walked everywhere and really enjoyed the fun and artsy lobby lounge when we returned from our day of site seeing. The little details are everywhere!
We found the food and service very good and our room was very, very nice. It's a nice, fun, luxury, artsy, Parisian experience. My new favourite in Paris!

Room Tip: I always like the street view.
Dear Sir,

As the French would say, Merci Beaucoup!
Thank you very much for taking the time to post your review on TripAdvisor further to your recent visit to Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We are very proud to be your new favorite in Paris !

I am delighted that you had a pleasant stay and that you enjoyed the little details around our hotel, as well as the food and service.

Dubai, United Arab Emirates
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 11, 2013

I know we all have different needs and likes and some of us pay more attention to details than others but this time staying at the RM was just superb! We had excellent service, attention, and overall enjoyed the hotel a lot. Yeah ok my favorite place .....I could have just stayed at the Spa and had a super relaxing time but duty called so I managed to just spend the mornings there. Thanks for an enjoyable stay.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a 2nd review on Trip Advisor on Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris, we are thrilled you enjoyed your time with us!

We are very pleased that your stay was superb and that you found the service excellent and attentive.
It is with a great smile that we discovered the picture of the beautiful handcrafted plates designed by Philip Starck specially for the hotel to illustrate your profile. Thank you for this amazing support.

We look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back soon to your Parisian home, Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

New York City, New York
2 of 5 stars Reviewed April 10, 2013

Disclaimer: I’m appraising this hotel on the basis of value for money, i.e., what you get for a $1,000/night (and up) room. I’m aware that many of the oligarchs that stay in this hotel don’t care about the little details, but they also don’t read trip advisor. So this review is for people like me, who are willing to invest a good amount in a nice hotel, but want value. My stay was for 3 nights, about 3 weeks ago.

Executive summary: this hotel is not worth $1,000/night. I’ve been in quite a few nice hotels in main cities that offered more for less. It’s a gorgeous hotel full of art and style, but the experience offered is not luxurious, I would even say basic (and overpriced).

The good: a small bottle of Evian for the night, free wifi and pool/gym access.

The bad: too many things were not on par with the price. We arrived at 3pm, but were asked to wait 20 mts for check in (which is beyond late). Shower water was just warm. I repeat - no hot water in shower (!!!). The room was mediocre-small size, and cramped with art and furniture, including a bathroom that was more artsy than functional. Basic things like tissue box and welcome water do not exist. Minimal luxuries like an espresso machine do not exist. All the electronics look fancy but are not user friendly. Location is just ok, good for shopping but far from more exciting activities.

The ugly: 15 Euro for a tube of 12 M&Ms or 12 peanuts, 600 Euro for the guitar that was in the room (and as an amateur guitar player I can value at 50 Euro). Not unlike other hotels, just taking it to the next level.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

We thank you for sharing your opinion after your recent stay at Le Royal Monceau Raffles Paris.

We highly value your feedback and would be grateful if you could grant us a few minutes of your precious time. We would like to call you at a convenient time to follow-up on your remarks and have more details.

Kindest Regards,

Ömer Acar

Been to Le Royal Monceau-Raffles Paris? Share your experiences!