“Very handy for Gare de Lyon” 3 of 5 stars

Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   2 Place Louis Armand, 75012 Paris, France (Reuilly)   |
Ranked #832 of 1,797 Hotels in Paris
Southend-on-Sea, United Kingdom
“Very handy for Gare de Lyon”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 15, 2014

We stayed here for one night as part of a GRJ package prior to our train journey to Milan. We were not expecting too much but were pleasantly surprised at the facilities the hotel has to offer. Apart from the obvious convenience for the Gare de Lyon, we spent a few hours walking round the Bastille area of Paris and were able to find a wealth of restaurants to choose for our evening meal. The room was clean and modern with complimentary coffee/tea etc and the bathroom was very up to date. Breakfast was fine. There was a little noise to be heard from the station but it was not enough to be irritating.

Room Tip: Be aware of slight noise from the Gare de Lyon.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this review, July 17, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for choosing Mercure during your stay in Paris and please to read that you enjoyed our facilities.
Awaiting to see you again soon in our Mercure Network
Best regards

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
Chicago, Il
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 12, 2014

I think I got at least a years worth of second hand smoke in my "non smoking" room. The first room I was given was a smoking room, which I did not request. Thanks to the one valuable employee that I encountered during my stay, I was given a second non smoking room. When I walked in, the room was filled with cigarette smoke. The first morning, I awoke with runny eyes, runny nose, scratchy throat and overall misery, since the smoke didn't seem to subside. Turns out, it was coming through the bathroom vent nonstop. The fix, open the window that overlooks the hall in Gare de Lyon for some "fresh air", keep the bathroom door closed and the door between the bathroom and the rest of the room closed. That seem to do the job, but then the bathroom itself was unbearable- I guess there are always trade offs. I hope they fix their ventilation.

For the location, despite the cigarette smoke, the room was ok, tidy and clean, that's all I can ask for a hotel in that location.

On my last night there, I asked for a restaurant recommendation and was directed across the street from the train station to a cafe, then told other options were "expensive" I had to laugh at that one. I guess given that most people probably just stay there for a night and they seem to attract backpackers, tour groups and budget minded travelers, I guess they don't keep a list of food options nearby. I did find quite a good selection walking a few blocks away from the hotel, past the first recommended cage across from the station.

The staff overall were very friendly and, with the exception of the dinner reccomendation conversation, very helpful with taxis, metro information, timing, etc.

The hotel is pretty much attached to Gare de Lyon, taxis are plentiful and it is close to the metro.

I wouldn't personally stay there again given the smoke situation, but it seemed like a solid option if you are in the area and in need of a place to stay for a night.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled on business
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this review, July 14, 2014
Dear Guest
I thank you for taking time to give me your comments after your stay.
I am sorry for the inconvenient you had regarding the smell of smoke and be sure that the check has been made to find the problem and to resolve it.
The Quality is a priority for us to give you a total satisfaction during your stay.
Hope to keep your confidence with our Mercure Hotels
Bangalore, Karnataka, India
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

Hotel is located just outside Gare de Lyon station. Tube/Metro station is too big and is under the ground of train station and if one take wrong Sortie (exit) at tube station, it could take lot of time in coming on the correct road. Best option is to come at the Main Arrival hall of the train station (train) if you are coming from tube. Hotel is good and staff is friendly which is a rare in Paris.

Room Tip: Take one closer to lift at the floor are quite big.
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this review, July 11, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you for taking time to give us your feedback after your stay and as you mentionned the easiest way to exit of metro or train station is "Tour de l'horloge " Clock Tower N°6.
I will send your congrats to the Staff they will be proud as they are very motivate to do the best.
Hope to welcome you again
Derbyshire, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 10, 2014

I came here last year for a long weekend away with my boyfriend. At first I was a little dubious as we booked it through a comparison site, but as soon as we arrived we were both highly impressed! The staff were very polite and helpful and spoke perfect English! We were expecting to receive a standard double room and were pleasantly surprised to find we had a Queen size bed, a brilliantly clean room, a television and free complimentary water, tea, coffee and biscuits which were refilled every day. The location was perfect, right in the middle of all the transportation. The only downside was that it was a little noisy at night but it wasn't too much of a problem for me. An extra highlight was that we were offered lockers on our last day so that we didn't have to carry our luggage around with us. Overall a lovely stay, with very friendly staff! I would most certainly return!

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest
I thank you for your nice comments and we were pleased to welcome you again and to see you enjoyed our Property and Services.
Awaiting the pleasure to meet you during your next trip to Paris.
Cardiff, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Stayed one night on my way to Italy. Found it to be very well situated for the station, obviously and local restaurants. A very modern hotel with good accommodation and very good continental breakfast.Found staff helpful and friendly. Could criticise the shower as not a very good shower head but would be unfair to reduce mark for that. Personally it was just what I needed for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this review, July 10, 2014
Dear Guest
Thank you so much for choosing Mercure Gare de Lyon for your stay in Paris and we are pleased you enjoyed it.
Awaiting the pleasure to welcome you again soon
Mulhouse, Alsace, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2014

I have stayed in the Mercure Gare de Lyon a number of times, which I use as a convenient stopover enroute from the east of France to the west of France by TGV. Very friendly staff, nicely renovated rooms with great Philips flatscreen TVs, and the breakfast choice is good.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled on business
MGDL, Directeur général at Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this review, July 4, 2014
Dear Paul,

Thank you for your nice comment, I understand you're a loyal customer and I thank you for that also ! You seemed used to stay in our Privilege rooms with the great flat screen ambilight, Nespresso Machine, IHome Station, bathrobe, memory pillows etc...

It would be a pleasure to meet you at your next stay so do not hesitate to ask for me.

Patrick Langlois

Been to Mercure Paris Gare de Lyon? Share your experiences!