I just returned from our swiss-paris trip yesterday. It was difficult to choose which hotel to book in Paris because Paris has numerous choices of hotel. Because we had 10 month baby with us, Kichenett, connectivity and Airport shuttle was my priority when looking for hotels. This hotel served my purpose very nicely. It is an extremely good choice on budget. Not very cheap and not over priced . just the rightly priced and it does provide everything that it promises on its or booking.com websites.
We arrived to Gare de lyon station from Geneva and this hotel is very close from this main train station. Just 7 to 10 min walk. Also the Reuilly metro station is just 2 min from the hotel. The hotel is in city yet nicely located at a calm location so you can relax if you want to hide from city chaos. You can travel most of the Paris attractions by metro so having M1 metro station near was very convenient.
These are Apartment hotels and they have well maintained and clean apartments. We had booked 1 studio and 1 apartment with 1 bedroom. Both were extremely good. There Kitchen has dishwasher, fridge and plenty of pots, pans and dinner sets.
There are many restaurents and supermarkets nearby withing 2 to 5 minutes distance, McDonalds on 5 min walk which was a thumbs-up for us :-)
They do have washing machine and dryer that you can use for some charge. However, there is a big coin operated washing machine center just beside the hotel building.
The Lobby and reception area is very nice with a iMAC in english ( and not french like most of hotels) and printer was working fine( we had a very bad experience in Swiss about this). The reception staff was very helpful and also helped us suggesting the trips and guiding to the various travel plans and offering agencies. They all were good in english so it was not so difficult understanding them.
They were also very honest and returned us 256 euros while checking out informing us that there was a mistake in rate we booked via bookings.com. we did not even know that and we really liked their honesty.
They dont have their ownairport shuttle but they ave tie-up with a shuttle provider company, you pay 18Euro per person and can book this shuttle. It came 10 minutes before time ensuring that no-one gets delayed.
I will surely return to this hotel and also recommend it to my friends.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Paris Bastille Gare De Lyon Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris Bastille Gare De Lyon Hotel
- Citadines Hotel Paris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Bastille Gare de Lyon Paris is located in the heart of the Bastille-Nation-Gare de Lyon triangle, in a typically Parisian quarter. This Apart'hotel has its own private garden and is also close to the Saint-Antoine hospital and the Ministry of Finance. This establishment offers you 98 apartments over 7 floors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Agoda, Travelocity, getaroom.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Tingo so you can book your Citadines Bastille Gare de Lyon Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.