Just returned from 5 day stay at this place. The location is excellent - 5 to 10 minutes straight walk from Gare de Lyon or a 2 minute walk from the Metro. The yellow metro line 1 runs directly to all of the major tourist attractions and our one day pass enabled us to hop on hop off when we wanted to. The area of the hotel is very safe to walk around and we were able to walk down to the Bastille comfortably. We also one evening walked back from Notre Dame as the evening was so pleasant.
Opposite the hotel is a mini-market which stocked everything we needed for our stay, there are a couple of excellent boulangeries - one at the end of the street as you turn left, and one as you turn right at Rue Diderot. There are plenty of restaurants on the Rue Diderot and also around the Bastille area all within walking distance.
Our studio on the first floor at the front of the hotel was too hot for us (even at the end of December) and we asked to be moved to the top floor at the back of the building where we could sleep with the windows wide open. This was not a problem for the staff and they were more than helpful.
Having toyed with the idea of an apartment - I was glad that we opted for the studio at a far less cost and this was more than adequate. Our bedroom was a large room with tv and table and chairs and an en-suite bathroom, the kitchen area, toilet and wardrobes were seperate as you entered the studio with a door to close the bedroom off.
The kitchen was well equipped with microwave toaster cooking utensils fridge dishwasher and all utensils including kettle. The bed was so comfy we have returned to the UK and are looking for a similar one - very very firm, lovely duvet, sheets and pillows.
All in all the hotel was exactly what we wanted - we could get up at our leisure and make breakfast in our room without having to rush around and try and get to breakfast within a certain time. There were no maids knocking our doors in the morning and nobody running up and down the corridors backwards and forwards to their rooms which we always tend to find in hotels.
The staff spoke excellent english and were very courteous, the safe in our room - which was free and an added bonus - locked out one day and the staff couldnt do enough to ensure that they got it open for us.
I wouldnt hesitate in stopping here again - next time we will drive and I understand we can park in the garage for 20 euros a day.
We flew Air France and picked up the bus outside CDG which dropped us outside the Gare de Lyon, the bus leaves every 15mins and 45mins to the hour. 17 euros each - one way -worked out a lot cheaper than a taxi.
We had a final meal at the Train Bleu in the Gare De Lyon - blew 200 euros but well worth it for the experience - decent wine a dozen oysters fresh grilled fish and hand made macaroons. Im sure there are better restaurants offering exquisite dishes less expensively however this was walking distance, a great ambience, and pure indulgence!
Our only fall into the tourist trap was to visit the Sacre Cour which was breathtaking at night and to be talked into having our portraits drawn by the artists in the square. We said we didnt want our pictures drawn and the artists ignored us - started chatting away in English and before we knew it the pictures we drawn. We were then charged 60 euros each (!) we said we didnt have enough cash and the artists asked the manager of the restuarant where we were eating to take our credit card payment and give them the cash. What the heck it was Christmas Eve - but be warned !!
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Paris Bastille Gare De Lyon Hotel Paris
- Citadines Paris Bastille Gare De Lyon Hotel
- Citadines Hotel Paris
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Citadines Bastille Gare de Lyon Paris is located in the heart of the Bastille-Nation-Gare de Lyon triangle, in a typically Parisian quarter. This Apart'hotel has its own private garden and is also close to the Saint-Antoine hospital and the Ministry of Finance. This establishment offers you 98 apartments over 7 floors. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, Priceline, Tingo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Otel and Venere so you can book your Citadines Bastille Gare de Lyon Paris reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.