“great hotel!” 4 of 5 stars

4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   85 Rue de Bercy, 75012 Paris, France (Bercy / Nation)   |
Special Offer
City Breaks up to 40% off
Ranked #694 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (26)
  • Polish first
Mayo, Ireland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

I would highly recommend this hotel for a family stay in Paris. It is about a ten minute walk from Gare de Lyon. We stayed for two nights. On our arrival we were greeted by a friendly receptionist. Our children were each given a little gift which they were delighted with! We booked two double rooms which were side by side as I had requested on booking. The rooms were spacious and very clean. The ensuite had both a bath and a shower. Bed linen and towels were clean and crisp. There was tea/coffee making facilities including a fridge which was ideal for keeping drinks cool. Breakfast was superb, the best I have seen anywhere in a long time. All the staff we met were so friendly and helpful. A guy at reception checked the bus timetable for us online. It was much appreciated. The hotel is about 100 metres from the Metro. Across the road are some nice restaurants and pastry shops. It has a lovely public park 'parc de bercy' to the rear of the hotel where we went for evening walks along the Seine. There are a couple of playgrounds in the park for the children. About a ten minute walk from the hotel at the end of the park is Bercy Village which has lovely boutique shops and restaurants. Near the hotel is the bus stop for a tour of Paris which we used on both days. I would certainly stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Bercy, responded to this review, July 21, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind message !
It was a great pleasure to hear that you enjoyed your saty with us. My staff highly appreciate such enthusiastic comments and we all look foward to welcoming you back soon.

Kind regards

A Cocoual
Budapest, Hungary
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 19, 2014

Novotel Bercy is located in a calm and nice but simple enviroment. Very close to Metro station (line 14 and 6) and close to Gare de Lyon railway station. The hotel staff is very professional, kind and quick. The check in and check out process is quick but sometimes we saw rows. We were satisfied with the cleaningness of the hotel and the room and bathroom. The free WIFI is good and easy to use both in the lobby and the room. The lobby computer and printer works well and there is english and other languages menu to ease the use. The room and the bathroom is spacious. The bathroom products (shampoo, bathgel, ) are very low quality. In the bathroom there is only one rack for towels which is not very comfortable for two persons in a longer stay. Basically it is a hotel for business trip but we were quite satisfied in our holyday. We found the breakfast expensive (16€/person) so we did not buy it. Just at the hotel we found tiny bars and shops to have some meal much more cheaper.

• Stayed July 2014, traveled as a couple
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Bercy, responded to this review, October 14, 2014
Dear guest,

We would like to thank you for taking the time to comment your stay on Tripadvisor following your stay at our property.

We are pleased to hear that you had a pleasant stay with us and hope to welcome you soon again in Paris !

Kind regards
Glasgow, United Kingdom
3 of 5 stars Reviewed July 8, 2014

Had a family room at the hotel. A proper squash and a squeeze with the sofa bed out, but the air con did work, the bathroom was clean and serviceable, and all the staff we met were really helpful. A little shabby round the edges, but ideally located for getting around Paris with both the metro and RER around the corner. Also loved Bercy itself.

Stayed July 2014
COCOUAL, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Bercy, responded to this review, July 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad to hear that you found our staff helpul, I have fowarded your compliment to my team. It is always very pleasant to know that our guests have enjoyed their stay at Novotel Bercy. I am looking foward to welcoming you again.
Kind regards A Cocoual
Buenos Aires, Argentina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 1, 2014

The hotel has a very good ratio price - quality.
The rooms were clean , comfortable and modern.
The staff was very friendly.
It is located near all the main attractions thanks to the metro connections.
The area is very safe to walk at night and the neighborhood has a lot of restaurants

Dear Guest,

We are thrilled that the hotel fitted your needs an that you enjoyed our services. Thank you for mentionning the friendly staff ! It is always a pleasure to have nice feedbacks.

Since you had a nice overall experience, we hope that we may welcome you for your next visit to Paris.

Kind regards A . Cocoual
Seinajoki, Finland
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2014

We reserved two rooms by email. We also received a confirmation that they had received the rooms for us.

Once when we got to the hotel they told us that they had given our rooms to somebody else. We were totally shocked. This has never happened to me before, and I travel a lot!

They took us to another hotel and paid a taxi. However, in the other room we got a suite room (which was actually very small for a suite), we also had to stay in the same room, even though we had received for two rooms. Also we had to pay for two rooms...

I have never given such a critical review. In this case I have to do it, since this hotel didn't keep the rooms for us even though they promised to do so. I find it completely unacceptable for any company to do so.

Room Tip: I travel a lot for my work, and I have never faced a similar situation. This is the only 1 star revi...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
COCOUAL, General Manager at Novotel Paris Bercy, responded to this review, June 16, 2014
Dear Sir,

I am very sorry that you had been relocated to another hotel and that it went wrong, I consider such matters to be extremely important that is why I invite you to contact me as soon as possible on h0935@accor.com so we can solve this unfortunate issue.

Yours sincerly

Annick Cocoual
Denver, Colorado
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2014

No AC in room. When I complain, I get the ugly American routine.
There is no AC. Safe does not work. Woman at front desk rude as hell. I get the impression they don't like complaints!!!!!

The staff understand the idea of good business. They just can't deliver.

Just had nice guy here to talk about the AC.

it's 2014.....bring me an old swamp cooler!!!!!

Room Tip: Call and ask re AC.
Dear Sir,

First of all, I would like to thank you for taking the time to write this comment. I am very sorry to read that you had a bad experience in my hotel. We have had a few issues with the AC last week.
Even if the cooling system is slightly different in the USA, we do have AC in the hotel, it just was not working properly at that moment.Since, it has been repaired.

You have highlighted a problem with one member of my staff for which I apologize. I will take appropriate action.

I hope that despite these issues, we will be able to welcome you again.

Sincerely