“A minute walk to Hall 2 of Gare De Lyon Station” 4 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Park Sleep & Go
Ranked #510 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Doha, Qatar
“A minute walk to Hall 2 of Gare De Lyon Station”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 25, 2013

Literally a minute walk for Hall 2 at Gare de Lyon Station. If you had arranged an early train travel then you can never go wrong with this hotel.

My only disappointment was the shower room. It was clean with free toiletries but look/feel like a porta-cabin. I haven't tried breakfast because we left early but the restaurant on the ground floor is reasonably good.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (97)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 15, 2013

We stayed 3 nights in a triple room in late September. we booked this hotel mainly because of its location (next to Gare de Lyon station), availability of a swimming pool and the reasonable price.

The hotel is located beside the station - 5 minutes walk. From the station it was very easy to commute to the tourist attractions by train, there were many restaurants nearby which open till very late at night Despite its closeness to the station, we didn't feel unsafe. The breakfast inside the station was also very convenient and non-expensive.

The hotel room was clean and of a reasonable size, and the bathroom and toilet were neatly constructed by factory-manufactured modules with plastic resin, which we didn't have any problem with. However, I found the swimming pool disappointingly small - the picture on the hotel website gave an misleading image of its size... I was hoping I could swim in it, but it is more of a size suitable only for children to play in it.

The quality of service and simile that you are going to get will depend on the individual staff , which varied a lot.

Overall, I would rate the hotel with a score of between 7-8 points out of 10;

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
J-JBruyand, Directeur général at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear Guest,
I sincerely thank you for taking the time to write about your stay in my hotel.
Indeed, the Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon has a great location, next to the main lines station and to the underground.
I inform you that an upcoming renovation campaign is planned, starting in December, and will concern roughly seventy more rooms. I incite you to try one of those superior or Executive rooms for your next stay.
Otherwise, I allowed myself to pass on to the teams your remark regarding the uneven quality of services . It caught my attention as a warm and careful welcome is the least you can expect and it can suffer any dysfunction.
I hope you will still consider my hotel for your next trip to Paris.
Yours sincerely,
Jean-Jacques Bruyand, General Manager
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 14, 2013

I booked this hotel for 5 nights and my choice,after a great deal of research, was based on the reasonable price and the fact that it was one of few hotels in paris with a pool. We only had one room for a family of 4 - 2 children aged 9 and 10 sleeping on a sofa bed. This was not really a problem as we went out for dinner very night and the kids went swimming very night.

I was very happy to have booked this hotel as when we arrived Paris was in the middle of a heat wave so it was a true blessing to have the pool. I did not find the pool too small as commented on by other reviewers it was a very comfortable temperature, extremely enjoyable and refreshing after a long day sight seeing and a great place to meet other guests. The hotel staff were helpful and friendly.

The other advantage for families was the game centre which the kids enjoyed. BTW the pool was open 24 hours which was great.

Not the best location but very easy to get around on the metro so we didn't really experience any trouble. We had an extremely enjoyable stay in Paris.

I would strongly recommend for families.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest,
It is really nice of you to recommend my hotel to families. My teams and I are making every effort to offer the youngest and their parents an adapted service. Indeed, a same room can welcome two adults and two children, breakfast is free for kids until 16, the swinging pool and the children corner are much appreciated…
I hope that your family and you, will always have pleasure to stay in my hotel and my teams and I hope to welcome you again at Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon.
Best regards,
Jean-Jacques Bruyand, General Manager
central CT
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel with my family for 4 nights in August. The hotel is located right next to the Gare De Lyon train station, and is close to the Seine river and a metro stop. The neighborhood is a bit marginal as there are a number of homeless people that hang out near the station, and the choice of nearby shopping and restaurants is so-so. The location is bit far from the major sights, although you are close to place des Vosges and about 30 min walk from Notre Dame. If you are happy using the metro you should be fine, but it is not really a great location for walking. The hotel itself is actually pretty good, with modern decor, well-appointed lobby and rooms, etc. We had our family of four in a room with a bed and pullout sofa and it was fine, even for 4 nights. The pool was small, but was a comfortable temperature and the kids had great fun there every evening after a day of touring. The staff were pleasant and helpful and spoke English well enough. Paris hotels are very expensive in high season, and I felt this place gave good value for the money. I might look for a better location next time, but if didn't find anything for a similar price I would probably stay here again.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Bristol
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

The hotel was a long drive from CDG. Approx €45 for a taxi. Located right next to the Paris underground, so it has good transport links.

I was lucky enough to have a free upgrade to an executive room which was very clean, spacious and well equipped. Only issue was an off smell from the tap water when washing my hands and shaving and I could hear skate boarders outside the metro below until around 21:00 / 22:30.

Free WiFi available through Orange and the logon info is available in the room. Smart TV was impressive as soon as I figured out how to watch Forrest Gump with English and not French audio.

Staff are straight faced and efficient. All spoke English.

Surrounding area has a hand full of good restaurants but also a lot of people acting in a strange way. I wouldn’t have ventured very far from the hotel on my own.

Pool area looked inviting but sadly didn’t get time to use the facilities.

If I need to stay in the area again I would use this hotel. I can’t really comment on value as I didn’t have sight of the invoice.

Room Tip: If you can have a room away from the side of the metro entrance take it.
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Dunedin, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013 via mobile

I stayed at this hotel with my 2 daughters and their families in august this year. I have nothing but praise for the way I was treated , I had my bag stolen from right beside me in the hotel bar, which was very upsetting experience, the staff helped me with everything from notifying police etc. I loved everything about the hotel and would definitely return and the location was great, except for the people that hang around the square outside the hotel . Once again the staff were wonderful to me when I had everything stolen, thank you again very much. Breakfast was very good as well

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Novotel Paris Gare de Lyon? Share your experiences!