“Lovely stay ...” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Pulitzer

You added Hotel Pulitzer to your Saves list
Hotel Pulitzer
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   23 rue du Faubourg Montmartre, 75009 Paris, France (Formerly Quality Hotel) (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #500 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Singapore, null, Singapore
“Lovely stay ...”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

This is our 3rd visit in Paris, and it was our first time staying in this lovely hotel... Well, outside, there were many lively places around - bakeries, pastries, small mom and pop shops, amorino (popular ice cream outlet) and even a police station next to the hotel. And not about the hotel.. We were greeted with a nice gentleman, whom was very helpful to make feel at ease when we first stepped in. I must say the service staff do go out of the way to provide road directions or bus no or metro stations to your destinations. Lovely watt up to lift, passing g by the bar and the cosy lounge area. It really makes u feel at ease.

We had a double bed room, and while the room was a little tight for us together with 3 luggages around, I do like the feel of the cemented floor. And while the bathroom was a little cramp (oh this in Paris!!!), the shower was fantastic with the strong water .

The only issue we had was on the size of the lift... - can't move in with 3 luggages and 2 people.. Aside from this, we had a wonderful 3 nights stay in this hotel; and will be back again next year or two and to try the in house breakfast once though euro 18 is too pricey for one, ;)

Room Tip: Try to book ahead to get a good rates..
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Dear Guest

All the Staff thank you very much for your kind comment.

We are pleased to read that we offered the service you expected and you deserve.

We are still at your entire disposal

G.Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
Istanbul, Turkey
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 19, 2013

According to the reviews in TA, we picked this hotel and we really liked it. We could easily reached here via public transportation, Roissybus from CDG airport and the nearest metro station is Grandes Boulevards. On this main street, there are many good restaurants to eat. the hotel's location is just perfect and you can walk to Montmartre, Galeries Lafayette, many places you may be interested in..The hotel staff are very welcoming and the breakfast was really very delicious and french which we enjoyed a lot. Our friend also joined us to the breakfast and it cost 19 Euro. Lastly, the lobby of the hotel was one of a kind and one rainy night we grabbed our French sweets and cafe and enjoyed sitting in the lobby. I will definitely go back to this hotel when I am in Paris.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, September 23, 2013
Dear Guest,

All the staff thank you for your kindness. Thank you for having posted your message; it encourage us to continue with our objectif of 100% guest satisfation.

We remain at your entire disposal.

Melbourne, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2013

Firstly, the Hotel is easy to get to via public transport - I emailed the staff at Pulitzer that morning we were due to arrive and they promptly provided detailed instructions to get to the hotel. Transport in Paris is fantastic. The hotel is really warm and inviting and close to a main train line. We were welcomed by the super nice staff and went to our room... Was a twin room and totally fine for the two of us. Really nice bathroom and modern style (polished concrete). Most importantly the shower was great.

Now on to the best part: In our hectic rush to the airport on our way out, I discovered I'd left items in the safe and forgotten them. This was after i'd already checked in and waiting for our flight at the gate. In the panic I called the hotel - to which they replied "Oh yes sir, we found your items and put them in your bag you left here for the day" - sure enough when I arrived at my new location the items were in my bag... HOW GOOD IS THAT?

It left a great memory of the people of Paris/France. I've heard from other travellers that the french can be rude but to me this couldn't be further from the truth - we had friendly amazing people everywhere we went and Hotel Pulitzer really made this true.

When I go back to Paris i'll be staying here again for sure.

Do not hesitate to book this hotel for your Paris Stay.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, September 6, 2013
Dear Guest

All the staff thank you for having chosen our hotel and for your kindness; it was a real pleasure for all of us to serve you.

We remain at your entire disposal.

Northland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2013

Well most of the reviews have said it all. My main concern was quiet, clean and comfortable beds....all boxes ticked there! The staff on check in are very helpful and friendly. Close to metro stop # 8 or 9 line. restaurents close by as are Bolongerie to buy that all important bagette in the morning!I felt reasonable price for room ( for Paris / Opera area)...didnt see the breakfast layout as I thought 18 Euro a little up there in price. But would definately recommend this great little hotel!

Merci to all the staff and management !,,From the Kiwis Paul and Barbara

Room Tip: We had a room NOT overlooking the main road
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
YolandaParis, Directeur général at Hotel Pulitzer, responded to this review, August 13, 2013
Dear Guest

All the Staff thanks you for your pleasant comment.

It motivate all of us.

Antwerp, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

When checking in, hotel staff was very helpful. Although hotel is dark and not matching the bright sunshine outside, it's not pulling you down.

We have got 2 coupons for free wine at bar, unfortunately, they don't offer drinks for my kids ... They felt a bit ledt out.

I yet need to find out our breakfast here. If all ok, you won't see me complaining

The room i have got is very small, the queen size bed too. Off course you will not stay inside whilst in Paris, still when you are finally back in your room, you want to be able to walk around without bumping into your partner. Lucky for me, this time I was sharing my room with my youngest daughter.

Bathroom is ok, the utilities are ok. Although we are missing disposable toothbrushes.

Choices of TV channels are ok. Airco in room working fine. Safe in room. Sadly they don't offer us complimentary water in room.

The area around the hotel is ok, a lot restaurants, of all origine. Tomorrow we will explore further

Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
Dear Guest

We would like to thank you for having posted your comment.

Thank you for your kindness and suggestions.

Chicago, Illinois
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

The hotel is very charming. Rooms are a small, but have everything you need. Complete with robes and slippers. The staff is very friendly and accommodating. My colleague got sick on the trip and they were very helpful. We would return again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

it was a real pleasure for us serving you, and we remain at your entire disposal.

Thank you very much for this nice comment.

Yours Sincerely

Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was a happy experience. I stayed at the Pulitzer for three nights while on a business trip. I usually stay in this area of town as it is convenient to walk to many shopping and touristic areas on both sides of the river and metro access is excellent, in particular the East-West line no 9. I have come to expect limited to mediocre service when I go to France so the Pulitzer was a nice surprise worth noting.

My room was convenient and comfortable with an interesting black-and-white design, Chanel-style design. I particularly liked having a coffee maker, the good closet space, a comfortable bed, thick windows to block the noise from the street, and the amenities. The bathroom was unusually large. The hotel provides free and good quality wifi everywhere (it really pisses me off to pay 250 euros for a room and have to fork another 15 for a day of internet). There is a lovely library / drawing room downstairs which I used a lot. For some strange reason I seemed to be the only guest using it (or maybe I was the only person on business there -- a lot of Asian tourists in the hotel due to proximity to Galeries Lafayettes). Reception staff was pleasant and efficient. I had an issue with a clogged drain in my bathroom and they arranged to have it fixed it immediately. It may help that I speak French, I don't know.

On the wish list, the rooms are not huge -- but this is Paris center after all. The hotel is not over-staffed so don't expect people crawling all over you to take your luggage or ask you if you want a drink when you sit downstairs. The first day my room was cleaned at 5pm despite my "please make my room" sign. The bar seemed to be closed or unmanned most of the time I was there (then again I might have been the only client using it). The breakfast area is in the basement, a bit dark and cramped to my taste, and the breakfast food was decent but a little sad. Of course, it was fully self-service; as I said the staff are not tripping over themselves to prepare you a Latte. I am listing these things for the sake of completeness but they are no big deal. I am a fairly picky customer and coming from Asia I am totally spoiled.

Overall a good experience and I will stay there again with no hesitation. I can recommend the hotel to business travelers who want a boutique experience and to discerning tourists looking for good quality without paying mega bucks.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest

From me and all the staff thank you very much for your clear, detailed and objectif comment.

We take note of your suggestions, as our only objectif is 100% guest satisftion.

G.Manager

Been to Hotel Pulitzer? Share your experiences!