“A little gem in a great spot” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Stendhal Place Vendome Paris - MGallery Collection

You added Hotel Stendhal Place Vendome Paris - MGallery Collection to your Saves list
Hotel Stendhal Place Vendome Paris - MGallery Collection
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 rue Danielle Casanova, 75002 Paris, France (Opéra)   |
Ranked #198 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Adelaide, Australia
“A little gem in a great spot”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2013

Wife and I took a chance in Paris and what a great result. Stendhal Place is a quirky boutique hotel with about 26 rooms. Rooms are trendy but smallish (it's France) and extremely clean. The staff were very helpful, with Aurelie being exceptional. Breakfast was in a quaint basement cellar and worth at least a try. Bed was excellent and a good sleep helps.

Hint- walk to louvre, D'Orsay, Sienne, Notre Dame from hotel. Short underground ride to Eiffel Tower, Bastille. Catch nearby bus to catacombs (very interesting to see 8 million skeletons stacked neatly).

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Accorhotels.com

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Cincinnati
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

The rooms were very nice and clean and it was conveniently located near the Opera. The front desk staff was very helpful. Overall it was a fine hotel, but that's what I'd expect for the price. Skip the breakfast if it's not included with your room, it's way too expensive!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 26, 2013

I stay frequently in the Baltimore Hotel in Paris thats also part of the Mgallery collection, this is the Premium brand above Sofitel of the Accor group so was looking forward to premium hospitality & service in a prime location, by the Place Vendome, I booked on line via the MGallery website a deluxe room with small sitting area for 3 nights.
Arrived 13.00 on Sunday ominously the Mercure sign still hung outside as I would find out.....a week after they had reopened as MGallery Stendhal
I parked outside which is potentially difficult but lots of secure parking in the Marche St Honere 100 meters away, I walked in was greeted well enough, and asked for my baggage to be collected he looked at me very strangely, as if this was not in his remit, he did sort of help bring my baggage in but in was plonked down in front of reception, he looked uncomfortable when I suggested that my luggage was taken up & I was shown my room, he said he couldnt as they were still in effect a Mercure so no other staff present, as they were in 'transistion' I called the lift which had not been refurbished at all so well grotty (at this point I should have gone to the Regina just down the road hindsight is always good) so struggling with 4 bags suit carriers I went up unaccompanied, the chambermaid had left an actual assault course of dirty towels sheets etc on the small landing in front of the lift exit, I was staying in room 214 a deluxe room with sitting area My immediate impression of the room was that in was very dark, little if no natural light, this impression wasn't helped by the fact that the light switches were hidden behind curtains, manual switch on off so one had to do the rounds of the room when going to sleep and most presumably in the same position as they once were in Mercure days, the so called sitting area has what appears to be a cheap sofa come sofabed as the seating - no second television or phone just some built in units with a Nespresso machine, (that despite asking 4 times was never filled with any water so I could make coffee) and a mini bar that was only filled with soft drinks with no Coke available on 2 of the days no other items or snacks. The bathroom had no fixed head shower just a cheap small head shower as you might in a Mercure or similar not a fixed large head one that you do expect at this level, The room itself was spotless but again no semblance of service that you expect no turn down service or changing of towels early evening despite me complaining, I did return at 16.00 on the second day to find bed turned down? but no revisit or tidy up after I had gone out for dinner.
Other small details no alarm clock or instructions to set a wake up call I asked for one from reception but this never came dreadful Mercure sweets left on my pillow at night on only one day ????
I did receive a half bottle of Champagne on my second night with some chocolate together with a letter from the Hotel GM saying I hoped that I would understand that they were in transition, to rub salt into it all in the room & the bathroom over half the toiletries, all the paper collateral etc was still with the Mercure signage - even the bill upon paying
I eventually managed to get an appointment with the Hotel Director on my last day, she also manages after another site as well, in all my years of staying in hotels both for business or pleasure, never have I met a senior director that actually tried to make out that it was me being difficult & unreasonable, it was me that should be more understanding it was after all a transition period as she kept repeating thruout our meeting & letter given to me the day previous
I said that if they had informed me or other guest that I/we would be staying in a MGallery/Mercure at Mercure prices whilst they completed the works I would have accepted this, but as I paid over 950€ for 3 nights excluding breakfast this wasn't acceptable, the hotel being neither "Martha or Arthur" MGallery/Mercure with little or no service, no staff training (not their fault as the Night Manager was excellent) even the Cocktail Bar didn't have a Barman or any body to mix or serve drinks/cocktails or any stock to make/mix anything
For one of the major hotel groups Accor this is/was just shambolic and finally as a throwaway comment she said that all I wanted was a discount I said I wanted what MGallery Collection normally delivers - which is great comfort, cosseting service & attention to detail I didn't get any of this, on paying my bill she had offered a refund of 195€

Room Tip: Don't go is my best advice, stay at the Hotel Regina 5 minutes away for similar cost or the grea...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
mercureplace, Directeur général at Hotel Stendhal Place Vendome Paris - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, May 29, 2013
Dear Sir,
We present our apologies again for your 3 nights stay at Le Stendhal Place Vendome. As discussed with you before your departure (you need to stay one more night but we were full. Upon your request, we booked a room at the hotel Baltimore), I gave you reason for your feedback.
Again, please accept our apologies.
Isabelle GANIER
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its location - I wasn't expecting a big hotel with large rooms in the centre of Paris. My room was small but cosy, very well decorated and seemed recently refurbished (or maybe just well kept). Breakfast is served in a small underground wine cellar type area, with all the usual continental ingredients, hot food available to order. A special mention for the Nespresso coffee machine, I love starting the day with a great coffee and not with the usual flavourless brownish water a lot of hotels serve for breakfast. Although you are close to some main roads, I had no issues with traffic noise from my room.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 19, 2013

We were impressed with the customer service form this boutique hotel. They were very friendly and so very helpful. The rooms were of a reasonable size for a Parisian hotel room. It was nicely decorated, classy and cosy. The location was ideal as it was close to major attractions- the Louvre, the famous shops, the Tuileries etc. It is located in a quiet street which is a bonus. The service was a standout. I will most definitely comeback.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Brussels, Belgium
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 16, 2013

I try to stay here when I am working in Paris.It's a nice small hotel were the staff are very helpful and friendly.
The rooms are typical of the size you would expect in Paris but are clean and tidy and would recommend anyone to stay here.
I have stayed in a 5 star hotel not a 100mt's away and apart from the obvious differences,the Mercure is as good but much,much better value for money.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

A wonderful small friendly hotel in a fantastic location. The rooms are a good size and having just been renovated they are all very clean and tidy. The bathroom is very large with a spa bath and waterfall shower. We stayed eight nights and with the very helpful staff and the convenient location would definately stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 5th floor.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
mercureplace, Directeur général at Hotel Stendhal Place Vendome Paris - MGallery Collection, responded to this review, May 16, 2013
Dear Madam, Dear Sir,

Thank you for taking the time to answer our questionnaire.

We very much appreciate your positive comments regarding your stay at the Hotel Stendhal Place Vendome - MGallery Collection

Positive feedback from satisfied clients is our greatest reward - thank you.

Isabelle GANIER

Been to Hotel Stendhal Place Vendome Paris - MGallery Collection? Share your experiences!