“Excellent boutique hotel” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #448 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Solihull, United Kingdom
“Excellent boutique hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 9, 2014 via mobile

This is an excellent hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. We were in Paris for the 2014 marathon and the Duret's location to the start and finish is absolutely perfect as is it's 3 minute walk to the Metro. We had a standard double room on the first floor which was small but clean, modern and well presented. The free wifi, safe and the use of a computer was useful. Our only criticism maybe is the lack of free tea/coffee facility in the room. The Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Élysées are only a short walk away and the closeness to the metro makes sightseeing easy. We would highly recommend this to anyone and look forward to our next visit. Thank you to all at the Hotel Duret, you're great!

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple

270 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Greenwood, Arkansas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 15, 2014

The Hotel Duret was in a great location - short walk to the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees. Many restaurants and stores nearby as well as a pharmacy across the street.

The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. It was a nice size and well decorated. The shower could have used a door that enclosed it as the water always left a big pool on the floor.

The man who worked the front desk while we were there was extremely nice and helpful. I wish I had gotten his name.

My only compaint was with the Wifi which we constantly had to re-sign into.

Overall it was a great stay and would recommend it!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
Lausanne, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 9, 2014

I stayed at Hotel Duret during a business trip and I would highly recommend this charming modern style boutique hotel.

It is very well located near the Arc de Triomphe and Porte Maillot.

The room was clean and the staff is really kind and helpful.

The kind of place I would also recommend for a leisure stay.

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 1, 2014

I stayed here with my wife and would recommend this hotel for couples or business travel. Rooms are small, clean and modern. Every night we would go down to the front desk to ask about restaurants they would recommend and the staff was gracious and helpful. The neighborhood of the hotel is great for tourist locations and walking distance to shopping, Eiffel tower, etc. The hotel is a boutique style hotel with minimal amenities, small downstairs lounge/bar.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Kuwait City, Kuwait
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Duret hotel is one of the best pleasantly service and best people i met in hotels they are so nice and kind and helpfull,laction is real comfort every services are near even tourist area,rooms are very clean and bathrooms , i am rely surprised by this hotel which i will come back to stay in this hotel in my nesxt visit also the rate was reasonable,i am srongly reccommend this hotel,many thanks to people in reception,thanks and best wishes .
Tomy

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DuretManager, Responsable réception at Hotel Duret, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your very nice comment, we really appreciate it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again for your next stay at the hotel Duret.

Best regards from Paris.

Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I could rate the room as pleasant, of a decent size and very comfortable. The breakfast was good as well. The hotel is centrally located and its always easy to find a good restaurant or even a taxi.

However, my stay at Duret will always be remembered for the effort the staff made to assist me in trying to locate my passport which had gone missing between the airport and our arrival at the hotel. They pursued every option and phoned almost all possible leads. Although the search was futile it put my mind at ease knowing that they were bridging the language barrier for me. I will remain grateful for their effort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your very nice comment about the hotel Duret.

It is very important for us to give the best assistance we can to our customers in case they have any problem during their stay. We can easily imagine how stressful it is to lose his passport in another country and what is more in case you are all alone facing this kind of problem in a big city where most people do not speak English fluently. As we are a boutique hotel with a total of 27 rooms only, we have the possibility to take time and it is important for us to do the best we can to provide the best assistance in such a case and also for any information, specific request or for any advice.
Should you wish to book a room again at the hotel Duret, you can be sure that you will be very welcome for a new stay with us.

Best regards

Front office Manager
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was my first trip to Paris and as a solo traveller had a few concerns about the trip, especially as my French is pretty much non-existent!. But I was pleasantly surprised by the great customer service I received from the very first contact with the hotel and during my stay too. The staff do speak excellent English,the Receptionist ( I think he is the Reception Manager) was very helpful with directions and advice ( and went so far as to write down for me what needed to say in French at the shops!). All the other staff ( other receptionists) and room service were very good too and made me feel welcome.
The room size is pretty good, rooms clean, decently furnished and the hotel is located in a quiete side street, but within 5 mins walk from the Metro. This makes it very easy to get about especially if you are on a short visit.
All in all it was a very good experience and I would definitely recommend Hotel Duret to anyone visiting Paris!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DuretManager, Responsable réception at Hotel Duret, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Sir,

I want to thank you for your very kind comment.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and to help you during your stay and you can be sure that you will always be welcome at the hotel Duret for any new stay.

Best regards from Paris

Front office Manager

Been to Hotel Duret? Share your experiences!