“one of the best hotels in Paris,,” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Duret
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30, rue Duret, 75116 Paris, France (Passy)   |
Ranked #462 of 1,796 hotels in Paris
Kuwait City, Kuwait
“one of the best hotels in Paris,,”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2014

Duret hotel is one of the best pleasantly service and best people i met in hotels they are so nice and kind and helpfull,laction is real comfort every services are near even tourist area,rooms are very clean and bathrooms , i am rely surprised by this hotel which i will come back to stay in this hotel in my nesxt visit also the rate was reasonable,i am srongly reccommend this hotel,many thanks to people in reception,thanks and best wishes .
Tomy

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DuretManager, Responsable réception at Hotel Duret, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you so much for your very nice comment, we really appreciate it.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again for your next stay at the hotel Duret.

Best regards from Paris.

271 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Durban, South Africa
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2014

I could rate the room as pleasant, of a decent size and very comfortable. The breakfast was good as well. The hotel is centrally located and its always easy to find a good restaurant or even a taxi.

However, my stay at Duret will always be remembered for the effort the staff made to assist me in trying to locate my passport which had gone missing between the airport and our arrival at the hotel. They pursued every option and phoned almost all possible leads. Although the search was futile it put my mind at ease knowing that they were bridging the language barrier for me. I will remain grateful for their effort.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled on business

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

Thank you very much for your very nice comment about the hotel Duret.

It is very important for us to give the best assistance we can to our customers in case they have any problem during their stay. We can easily imagine how stressful it is to lose his passport in another country and what is more in case you are all alone facing this kind of problem in a big city where most people do not speak English fluently. As we are a boutique hotel with a total of 27 rooms only, we have the possibility to take time and it is important for us to do the best we can to provide the best assistance in such a case and also for any information, specific request or for any advice.
Should you wish to book a room again at the hotel Duret, you can be sure that you will be very welcome for a new stay with us.

Best regards

London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 18, 2014

This was my first trip to Paris and as a solo traveller had a few concerns about the trip, especially as my French is pretty much non-existent!. But I was pleasantly surprised by the great customer service I received from the very first contact with the hotel and during my stay too. The staff do speak excellent English,the Receptionist ( I think he is the Reception Manager) was very helpful with directions and advice ( and went so far as to write down for me what needed to say in French at the shops!). All the other staff ( other receptionists) and room service were very good too and made me feel welcome.
The room size is pretty good, rooms clean, decently furnished and the hotel is located in a quiete side street, but within 5 mins walk from the Metro. This makes it very easy to get about especially if you are on a short visit.
All in all it was a very good experience and I would definitely recommend Hotel Duret to anyone visiting Paris!

• Stayed January 2014, traveled solo

Review collected in partnership with this hotel

DuretManager, Responsable réception at Hotel Duret, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Sir,

I want to thank you for your very kind comment.

It has been a pleasure to welcome you and to help you during your stay and you can be sure that you will always be welcome at the hotel Duret for any new stay.

Best regards from Paris

Chandler, Arizona
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 30, 2013

I checked out of Hotel Duret earlier today with mixed feelings about my stay. The property was reasonably well located with the Champs Elysees just a short walk from the property. Based on my prior experiences at hotels in Paris, the rooms at Duret, although small, were slightly above average in size. The room itself was modern, clean and well-appointed as was the bathroom. If my review was based purely on the room and location, I would likely give this property four out of five stars.

Unfortunately, there were a few characteristics that really tainted my view of this property with the biggest being the terrible WI-FI. Wireless internet was included with the price of my room and I believe this is the case for all guests. This sounds good until you try to use it. The wireless was one step better than useless. For those that remember dial-up, this experience was easily just as slow. I was trying to access websites such as Delta.com or Google Maps only to find them either timing out or not loading properly. At a property that hosts so many international visitors one would think they would make this a priority. Most foreign tourists can't just pull out their smart phones and access their mobile network so wireless access is imperative. I would assume business travelers would also feel the same way. I had planned on advising the hotel staff of this issue at checkout, however, no one ever asked me how my stay was so I didn't bother. My final complaint regarding this property is in regards to the front desk staff. After a certain hour the front door is locked at your have to page the staff to open it for you. On one such occasion, I was promptly let in and walked up the stairs to my room. After I reached the first floor the staff member shouted up at me to ask me my room number. On another occasion, this time during the day when the door was unlocked, a different staff member asked me my room number as I walked in the door. On all other occasions, no one asked me anything. This may seem like a trivial matter, however, it is unprofessional to yell up a stairwell asking for this information. One could try to argue that thus verification served for security reasons, although, I have my doubts as anyone coming in could just spout of a random room number and that would suffice as no one ever asked for anything proving that I was actually a guest. Either way, the room verifications definitely felt more like I had to check in with mommy than it did anything else.

My verdict is to stay elsewhere if possible. There are other properties in the same area in the $200+ price range that provide clean, modern rooms with adequate WI-FI and without the room verifications.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
DuretManager, Responsable réception at Hotel Duret, responded to this review, January 21, 2014
Dear Sir,

First of all we would like to thank you for choosing the hotel Duret for your stay in Paris and for taking the time to give your opinions about our establishment through Tripadvisor.

We are sorry to see that you had mixed feelings after your check out. Wifi internet connexion is free of charge for all our guests staying at the hotel Duret. We want to inform you that such a problem with our Wifi internet connexion was a one-off incident absolutely beyond our control. A few clients informed us about this problem at the time, and we asked our internet service provider the reason for this bad connexion. They informed us that this specific problem was due to work under way just then to install 4G antennas for ADSL and Wifi in the area.

We are very sorry that this matter occurred during your stay.

We lock the front door of the hotel for security reasons for example in case our staff is not facing it, so we can see every person coming in and out of the hotel. Should the person working at the reception still fail to recognise a customer, he may ask him at least his room number. This enables him to check whether that particular door is then opened through our electronic system. He can also note the room number of any customer he does not yet know.
Asking a customer his room number in the stairway is certainly most inappropriate, and I can ensure you that we will take all necessary measures to ensure that incident does not occur again.

We would be pleased to try and get you to change your mind about our services should you decide to stay at the hotel Duret again one day. We do not like the idea of leaving a customer with a bad impression. Should you ever decide to return to the hotel Duret, our management will be prepared to make a gesture of goodwill to compensate the low speed Wifi internet connection you experienced during your stay.

Best regards

Grandvaux, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Modern, new therefore clean carpet, confortable, nice staff. Room ending by 5 are very large, nice bathroom so recommended. Nevertheless I stayed several times in that hotel and even small rooms are nice and cosy with modern atmosphere. Very decent breakfast for a small hotel

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such good observations.

We do everything we can to make our guests' stay as pleasant as possible.
To this end we strive to improve the quality of all our services over time: breakfast; room services; conciergerie and also the maintenance of the hotel to ensure the best possible comfort.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the hotel Duret.

Kind regards

Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Duret immensely. Great customer service from the hotel staff, including readiness to point you in the right direction for sights and transportation. If you do not speak French, have no worries; the staff's English is flawless. The rooms are beautifully appointed, immaculately clean and comfortable. After a long day, a good firm bed is appreciated.

A few things to point out:
-the hotel's location in the 16th was perfect for my business trip because I needed to take the RER train out to Nanterre each day. Perfection! However, if I was in a Paris for pleasure, I might stay in the 3rd, 4th or 6th closer to the action. Again, this location was perfect for my needs.
-if you are from America, and not a size 2, be prepared for a tight shower fit. And, no shower curtain. This is a European thing I have not mastered, as it looks like I'm Shamu the wale after a shower. Water is everywhere. But, the bathrooms are clean, large and lovely.
-there was the occasional sound of water pipes turning on...just a warning. It never woke me up, but did startle me when they went on and off.

The hotel is lovely, the location quiet but easily accessible to Argentine metro stop or a few blocks up at Charles de Gaul/Etoire stop with more lines and the RER. I also was able to walk to the arc de triumph, trocadero/Eiffel Tower, etc. just bring good walking shoes because those Paris Boulevards are wide and long!

If you have work in a suburb such as Nanterre, you'll want to stay in the 16th, and I can think of no better place than the Hotel Duret.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel very recently. It was perfect in so many respects.
Location was excellent - about 3 minutes from the nearest metro and 7 from the Arc. Decent cafe's around for light snacks.
The hotel itself was clean, staff friendly and helpful and rooms large enough (you are only there to sleep!). The bathroom was lovely and breakfast was fresh, tasty and plentiful.
The walk in wardrobe was an unexpected pleasure.
This hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Duret? Share your experiences!