“Conveniently located near Palais des Congrès” 5 of 5 stars

Hotel Duret
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   30, rue Duret, 75116 Paris, France (Passy)   |
Ranked #400 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Grandvaux, Switzerland
“Conveniently located near Palais des Congrès”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 29, 2013

Modern, new therefore clean carpet, confortable, nice staff. Room ending by 5 are very large, nice bathroom so recommended. Nevertheless I stayed several times in that hotel and even small rooms are nice and cosy with modern atmosphere. Very decent breakfast for a small hotel

Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
DuretManager, Responsable réception at Hotel Duret, responded to this review, February 1, 2014
Dear Madam,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write such good observations.

We do everything we can to make our guests' stay as pleasant as possible.
To this end we strive to improve the quality of all our services over time: breakfast; room services; conciergerie and also the maintenance of the hotel to ensure the best possible comfort.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at the hotel Duret.

Kind regards

Front office Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Piscataway, New Jersey
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

I enjoyed my stay at the Hotel Duret immensely. Great customer service from the hotel staff, including readiness to point you in the right direction for sights and transportation. If you do not speak French, have no worries; the staff's English is flawless. The rooms are beautifully appointed, immaculately clean and comfortable. After a long day, a good firm bed is appreciated.

A few things to point out:
-the hotel's location in the 16th was perfect for my business trip because I needed to take the RER train out to Nanterre each day. Perfection! However, if I was in a Paris for pleasure, I might stay in the 3rd, 4th or 6th closer to the action. Again, this location was perfect for my needs.
-if you are from America, and not a size 2, be prepared for a tight shower fit. And, no shower curtain. This is a European thing I have not mastered, as it looks like I'm Shamu the wale after a shower. Water is everywhere. But, the bathrooms are clean, large and lovely.
-there was the occasional sound of water pipes turning on...just a warning. It never woke me up, but did startle me when they went on and off.

The hotel is lovely, the location quiet but easily accessible to Argentine metro stop or a few blocks up at Charles de Gaul/Etoire stop with more lines and the RER. I also was able to walk to the arc de triumph, trocadero/Eiffel Tower, etc. just bring good walking shoes because those Paris Boulevards are wide and long!

If you have work in a suburb such as Nanterre, you'll want to stay in the 16th, and I can think of no better place than the Hotel Duret.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled on business
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

We stayed in this hotel very recently. It was perfect in so many respects.
Location was excellent - about 3 minutes from the nearest metro and 7 from the Arc. Decent cafe's around for light snacks.
The hotel itself was clean, staff friendly and helpful and rooms large enough (you are only there to sleep!). The bathroom was lovely and breakfast was fresh, tasty and plentiful.
The walk in wardrobe was an unexpected pleasure.
This hotel is highly recommended.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Dublin, Dublin, Ireland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 17, 2013

We arrived on saturday 12th of October 2013 and returned on tuesday 15th of october. Gentleman with a shaved head greeted us as we arrived, he was very friendly, polite and took the time to mark out on the map both where the hotel was located and some interesting areas we may want to eat as well as the main tourist spots. We dealt with another gentleman and another lady at different times during our stay both of whom helped us with various requests with a smile.
The hotel itself is located perfectly, just a 5 minute walk from the Arc de Triomphe and with multiple metro stations within a 5 minute walk in any direction. the Eiffel Tower is walkable but its a good 30 minutes.
The rooms are ok, not tiny like we feared, the bathroom is neat and the shower had excellent pressure and temperature, my one criticism of the shower is that the glass splash protector seemed to be a little to small and frequently had to clean up a massive puddle after a shower.
The only criticism I would have about the hotel was the noise levels,we stayed on the third floor and the noise from outside especially on saturday night was quite loud. On sunday night the guest in the room next to us was having a skype conversation with a relative back home on her laptop and we could hear both sides of the conversation clearly.
Facilities wise there was a small bar downstairs but never seemed to have anybody behind it so we never looked to have a drink there.
Free wifi in the room was perfectly reliable and easy to connect to.
Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel to a friend but would look to stay on the top floors just to try and reduce the noise levels.

Room Tip: highler floors may reduce the outside noise levels.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
LOS ANGELES, CA
3 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2013

Staff was great and very helpful. Location good, easy walk to Arc de Triomphe and metro station nearby. About a good 30 minute walk to Eiffel Tower. The rooms however are in desperate need of refurbishment, TLC and a deep cleaning. Carpet had stains which grossed me out so I asked to switch rooms. Second room was only slightly better. Stains and marks on the walls of both rooms, molding damaged. Both my husband and I felt the bed was uncomfortable, I dind't sleep well any of the nights. In the first room the bed skirt had a stain. You can tell that there is no attention to detail as far as cleaning. All I wanted was a clean room to sleep. With all that said I would not stay here again. Rooms looks much better in the pictures.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
DuretManager, Responsable réception at Hotel Duret, responded to this review, October 8, 2013
Dear Madam,

We thank you for your comment on Tripadvisor concerning your stay at the hotel Duret in September.

You can be sure that your opinion and your comments are very important to us and we are sincerely sorry that you found the rooms in which you stayed unsatisfactory.

We started to change a first part all our carpets quite recently, because we had to proceed to this change in 2 stages, and the last part of all our carpets will be changed next winter.

Regarding our beds we changed our mattresses quite recently, this could be the reason why your mattresses may have seemed too tough.

We wish not to leave you with a bad impression. For your next stay in Paris do not hesitate to contact us directly to benefit from a gesture of goodwill and we will do all our best to give you a full satisfaction.

Kind regards from Paris

Helsinki, Finland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2013

It was my second time I visited Hotel Duret for a business trip. I chose this hotel because of its location and its staff. The staff is really helpful and kind. I warmly recommend. The quality of the room was great and big enough. I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
DuretManager, Responsable réception at Hotel Duret, responded to this review, October 9, 2013
Dear Sir,

Thank you very much for your kind comment on Tripadvisor. It is always a real satisfaction for us to read such encouraging observations and to note that our customers have fully enjoyed their stay at our hotel.

You can be sure that you are always welcome at the Duret hotel for your next stays in Paris.

Kind regards

Derby, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

We stay here when visiting La Defense on business. It's a stones throw from the Arc de Triomphe and the Champs Elysees. Décor is modern and stylish and the staff are helpful. Rooms are clean and comfortable. A bit small but what can you expect in central Paris.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business

Been to Hotel Duret? Share your experiences!