Where to start...
I booked this hotel for a special occasion, and was in contact with the concierge and staff for approximately 3 weeks, just to make sure everything was perfect. They surpassed every expectation. I was after a romantic weekend away and booked into Le Dokhan because it seemed the perfect compromise. Good location, classic French decor, romantic and boutique ambience, with quality of service of a big brand.
We arrived on a Saturday morning, and luckily our room was ready. We were upgraded to the Ming Suite, which was room 604, on the top floor. We ascended in the Louis Vuitton lift, which was beautiful, and entered our room to find it was very well sized and beautifully decorated. There was a sofa, 2 chairs, bar area, desk (with an amazing view of the Eiffel Tower!), TV, wardrobe and a very nice sized bed. In the bathroom, we had a Jacuzzi bath with a proper overhead shower as well. Also, in the room were the flowers, card and gift that I had organised directly with the hotel, which was the icing on the cake (plus they were reasonably priced).
The hotel had also provided recommendations on restaurants and places to visit, both recommendations for restaurants were perfect (Jamin and BON). We knew the recommendations were good, as when we walked into Jamin, one of the hotel receptionists was there!!! BON was on another level, vietnamese food but wow the setting was stunning.
We also experienced the Champagne bar, where the decor, ambience and quality of service and products was of a very high level, as was breakfast. We sampled both the Philipponant Royal Reserve NV (excellent for the price) and the Philipponant Vintage (I think Clos de Goisses) which was a considerable increase in quality and flavour.
All in all, I'm struggling to express how much good the visit was. I would like to personally thank Jean Philippe (Concierge - for organising absolutely everything for us, you're a true Gentleman!), Melanie (Reception - for the warm welcome, advice and guidance) and Anthony/Mikael (Sommelier and bar - recommendations on champagne, and for allowing us to use your valentine glasses). Thank you all for everything.
If you're after a break in Paris, in a traditionally decorated hotel, with a great location and run by staff who actually care about making your stay perfect, then I wouldn't go anywhere else. Will definitely be returning.
- Also Known As:
- Radisson Blu Le Dokhan`s Hotel, Paris Trocadero Hotel Paris
- Radisson Blu Le Dokhan`s Hotel, Paris Trocadero Hotel
- Sofitel Paris
- Radisson Paris
- Paris Sofitel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Discreetly located between Trocadéro and the Champs Elysées, this private residence was transformed by famous French decorator Frédéric Mechiche into a haute couture hotel that combines charm and luxury. The typically Parisian Haussmann facade, neo-classical interiors and unique character will delight all guests. The location offers access to an array of activities, including cultural and shopping excursions. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tablet Hotels, Priceline, Asiatravel.com Holdings and Otel so you can book your Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's Hotel, Paris Trocadero reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.