“The most charming hotel I have ever stayed in” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's Hotel, Paris Trocadero

You added Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's Hotel, Paris Trocadero to your Saves list
Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's Hotel, Paris Trocadero
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   117 rue Lauriston, 75116 Paris, France (Formerly Radisson SAS)   |
Hotel deals
Special Offer
Plan ahead and save 20%
Ranked #244 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
GreenLeadersSilver level
Astley, null, United Kingdom
“The most charming hotel I have ever stayed in”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012

My husband booked this hotel as a surprise for my 50th birthday I was a little shocked as I had dropped lots of hints about how much I wanted to visit Rome !!
Paris !! ?? Was my first thought but I am so glad he ignored my hints as the Dokhan's Radisson Blu was delightful.
All the staff were more than helpful,very polite and friendly.
In particular Franco the concierge was an absolute gem he helped us with our luggage and guided us into our charming room ,recommended great restaurants and even came out and walked part way down the road to show us the way.His attention to detail and customer care was impeccable.
Our room was small but beautiful, the fittings and bathroom were old and yes the bath was tiny but this just added to the charm of the place.
The bed was large and very comfortable ( and I have a bad back ) I have never slept so well !! Even though the hotel is located in a busy area we didn't hear a peep at night .
The hotel lift is very quirky it is made from an old Louis Vuitton travel trunk giving the feeling you are traveling in a suitcase!!
We enjoyed romantic evenings in the elegant candle lit champagne bar and although food at the hotel is limited to breakfast and room service only there are many good restaurants and cafe's in close proximity. Trocadero and Arc De Triomphe are within walking distance and a metro station is close by.
I would definitely return to this hotel I loved its charm ,elegance,quirkiness, location and staff. There may be hotels that are larger and have more amenities but in my past experiences they can be impersonal and sterile. At the Dokhan we were made to feel special :)

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 2, 2012

This hotel has great location for the Eiffel Tower and the Arc de Triomphe.On arrival at the hotel the reception staff were very attentive and efficient.We had booked a deluxe room which was on the second floor,the room had a king size bed and a seating area.The bathroom was small with a shower over a small bath.The bathroom fittings looked very old but this gave character to room.The room was tastefully decorated.The concierge Franko is very helpful(booking taxi's,printing boarding passes and giving directions to all the sights).Although the hotel is situated near a busy junction the rooms are very quiet.The only negative for the hotel is the dining room is too small if the hotel is busy.On our first morning we had to wait 45 mins for a table then when we did get a table the two waiters serving had no system.We would have our croissants served but the tea arrived ten minutes later.Although the waiters were courteous they worked at one pace and I feel if there was someone taking control of the restraunt it would be much better.The other 4 mornings it was a lot better because the hotel wasn't as busy.The lift is small and takes 2 people so you may have to wait.The holiday overall was excellent and I would recommend this hotel

San Diegan in Norway
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

Every detail is accounted for in this hotel. But if you are looking for a larger room and newer bath then you ought to go to the Radisson up at the Grandes Boulevards (next to Galleries Lafayette etc). What you get here at Le Dokhan's is an intimate experience in the most charming building in Paris. The staff is beyond helpful and the food and wine exceptional. My business class room was perfect in every way, and I will absolutely stay here again in the future. One very good argument for choosing this Radisson before the others is the fact that it is not a 'package trip' accommodation. This means there is no line of people fighting over brie at a tired buffet every morning. Instead, you have personal service and people who take pride in remembering your omelette order each morning!
Do yourself a favor and book a room here!

Room Tip: Upgrade to business if possible!
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled on business
Orlando, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

We were delighted with this hotel. After reading the reviews I was a little worried about the size of the room.We stayed in room 405 which was a deluxe room and there was ample room to move around in, It was beautifully decorated although a little worn in places.The staff was amazing just as everyone on Trip Advisor said.Two people among the many that worked there really stand out. They are Louise and Franco.Franco walked me to the drugstore when my sleeping pills were not working for me and explained to the pharmacist that I needed something stronger.I read an unbelievable report about he and Louise helping a woman who lost her passport and that was the deciding factor for me choosing that hotel
Everything wonderful that people have said already I agree with. .

Room Tip: Ask for a quiet room. Ours was wonderful and I am a light sleeper.
Easton, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2012

My wife and I and another couple just returned from a 4 night stay. As everyone else has said, the rooms are small, but thats where the negatives end. There are a lot of good hotels in Paris, but what makes this hotel a great hotel is the staff and the quality of their service. At the Dokhan's, the customer truly comes first. The front desk people, breakfast staff, the concierges, and the housekeepers, all had one focus, and that was taking care of us. We had a very early tour to Normandy one morning which left from Rue du Rivoli on the other side of town so we had to leave the hotel by 6:15 am, before breakfast was served. When we told the young man (I can't remember his name, sorry) who serves breakfast about our need to leave early, he, without hesitation, offered to come in early and make us a breakfast to go, including four coffees. That's service! A young man named Oliver was very helpful on our arrival in getting us oriented to the hotel and the city. Franco gave us some good tips on what was happening around town and offered sound advice as to what to see, and especially when to see it to avoid the crowds. The housekeepers kept the rooms, including the bathrooms, impeccably clean. The free wifi was a nice perk. ( not all hotels offer this as we found out at our London hotel after our stay in Paris. We were nickeled and dimed to death there.) All in all, a great Parisienne hotel, giving you the flavor of the city and the service you deserve.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is about a 45 minute ride from CDG airport. It's in a great location. The best view of the Eiffel Tower is literally a 5 minute walk down the street, and the Metro line is right there as well. Trocadero is residential, and there are several authentic cafes and shops right in the area. The hotel is on a corner, but the streets are quiet in the evenings. The breakfast room is quaint as is the sitting room with small fireplace. This hotel does not feel like your typical cold, modern American chain. The rooms are clean but very small, but you expect that in Europe. There is not much closet space or storage so pack accordingly. The staff, and especially a gentleman named Franco, were truly fantastic. Franco checked on us each day, gave us insider tips for good restaurants, printed advanced tickets for the Musee D'Orsay (otherwise you'll spend the whole day in line), and even helped us at checkout by printing our boarding passes and terminal information. Thank you again, Franco and hotel staff. We would recommend this hotel to friends. Go and enjoy!!!

Room Tip: Fourth floor was nice.
Ballymena, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We picked & stayed in this hotel because of the reviews we had read & its much better than we expected,

The staff are very helpful & friendly, The room we had (101) & it was lovely, the bathroom was spotless & both of ample size.

It was about a 20 minute walk to Eiffel Tower & the same to the Arc De Triomphe in the opposite direction .

We had Breakfast in the hotel & we enjoyed it as it was served to us with lovely coffee .

I was able to log onto the WiFi with my Smart Phone with ease.

We would use this Hotel again without a second thought

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Radisson Blu Le Dokhan's Hotel, Paris Trocadero? Share your experiences!