“Too Small Rooms But The City Is Magical :-)” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel des Metallos

You added Hotel des Metallos to your Saves list
Hotel des Metallos
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   50 rue de La Folie Mericourt, 75011 Paris, France (Belleville)   |
Ranked #696 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Delhi
“Too Small Rooms But The City Is Magical :-)”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed 4 weeks ago

This review too is being written a little late. Sorry Readers.
we stayed in this property in May 2014

We chose this hotel after reading reviews on the trip advisor.
We were expecting small rooms but not Extremely small rooms. :-)

The Lift was also very small, Might not be able to take big luggage.
We had a corner room with street view.
There was No cupboard in the room, Only hanging space.
For 3 days , we used our suitcase as our cupboard.
Bathroom was very very very small.

If you have some money to spare. Please stay near louvere/ Eiffel tower or opera house.
We walked 5 km from hotel to louvre, but it was the most romantic walk ever.

Ocean at front Desk was super helpful

Breakfast was chargeable at extra: Simple stuff. But if you want to eat all those items outside, in a nearby cafe then they would cost much higher

we had Fantastic chocolates at Genin ( Nearby)

PARIS is the most beautiful city in the world. Small rooms do not diminish the charm.;-)

• Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4)
Perth, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2014

Well what can I say when I arrived at this so called "Hotel" I thought we are staying here? The staff where helpful and friendly but it was a shock to see the size of the rooms I was ready to go to another hotel as I would call this place a "Hostel" not a "Hotel". This place was very disappointing as we stayed for 6 nights and I was hoping to stay in a better place in Paris, I understand that rooms can be small but this place did not have air conditioning so the only way to get air was open the window which opened onto the street which was very noisy at night. Staying here made my stay in Paris ordinary. the bathroom was that small it was hard to move around in and was dangerous as the water from the shower come out through the shower doors. I travelled with my Partner and four others so if it wasn't for the others travelling with us I would have moved to another Hotel. The breakfast was very basic and did not have many choices even for a basic continental breakfast. When I found out how much it costs to stay at this "Hotel" I was shocked. This hotel was located near the metro which is within walking distance which we only used twice. Next time I am visiting Paris I would not stay here, I know some people like it but it was very ordinary in my view.

Room Tip: Go to another Hotel
  • Stayed October 2014, traveled with friends
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 1, 2014 via mobile

Romantic break away.
Easy to get to hotel.
Near metro and everything you need to see.
The hotel was clean and staff really friendly. Room quite small but it is a base in Paris.
I would advise skip breakfast there is better on the streets.
The lift is tiny only fits two people just.
If I return to paris I would stay there again.

• Stayed September 2014
Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 25, 2014

We weren't sure what to expect but this was a real find for the money. The lady on the reception was very friendly and made us so welcome. The room was spotless and well serviced every day, and the bed was very comfy. The hotel is only a couple of minutes walk from the Metro, although we hardly used it as we like walking and it was an easy walk along the river to most of the main attractions. There was a real buzz to the neighbourhood and a local market just around the corner, giving a very authentic feel to the area.. However the local street drinkers were obvious first thing in the morning although they presented no threat to us. Would definitely return.

• Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2014

We stayed in this hotel a few years ago (under different management and name) which was ok but we were delighted to find it transformed this stay. It now has a quirky feel and the rooms and bathrooms are excellent. This is a lively but friendly area of the capital.

• Stayed August 2014
Brisbane, Australia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 12, 2014

Our trip to the accommodation did not start well when the local train station was closed. Disappointed with the train employee who didn't tell us this. However, the property is close to the next station that the walk was not too far. Reception is a desk at the front door so was not sure we had the correct place. Older woman who booked us in was a gem. Made us forget about our travel worries.
Room: rather small and extremely hot. We were on the bottom floor and got the noise of anyone who came through reception as our door was just near the lift.
Brekky: Sufficient for us. Fresh pastries, fresh rolls, fruit, yoghurt, juice, cheese, jam/honey, tea/coffee. Honestly, just toast would have been ok for us and prolly a lot cheaper too. There was a toaster, but nothing to toast.
Position: excellent. Walking distance of plenty of bars and restaurants and attractions. Plenty of transport options.
Would I recommend to others?? Probably not. ,only because the room was so terribly hot. The fan on the floor did little To help at all. But, this would be the only reason. Except for the heat, it was fantastic.

Room Tip: Ground floor rooms are noisy. Rooms can be extremely hot.
  • Stayed August 2014, traveled as a couple
Singapore
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 2, 2014

Great location and good price for the rooms! The staff are friendly and helpful, the rooms are clean and calm, everything is accesible. The quartier is fun and full of life, but not to the extent that it gets noisy. Really had a great stay, highly recommended!

• Stayed August 2014, traveled solo

Been to Hotel des Metallos? Share your experiences!