“Closed but not forgotten” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Lutetia

You added Hotel Lutetia to your Saves list
Hotel Lutetia
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   45 Boulevard Raspail | Hotel Closed for 3 year renovation that started April 2014, 75006 Paris, France (Saint-Germain-des-Pres)   |
Ranked #850 of 1,810 Hotels in Paris
Chicago, Illinois, United States
“Closed but not forgotten”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 22, 2014

I read with some regret the reports of others indicating that this fine hotel is closed for a lengthy renovation. So although it's probably irrelevant in light of the circumstances, I'll say that my stay there last fall was wonderful in all regards. Knowing it was an anniversary trip, the staff made sure that my wife and I received a room with a view of the Eiffel Tower. We can only hope that the new owners will respect this establishment's fine reputation and do right by its hard-working staff. Whatever happens, one thing is for sure: The hotel's location just can't be beat.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
4 Thank LittleJoeFromChicago

U.S.A. East Coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2014

While an excellent hotel, it apparently closed for renovation for three years in April 2014. If you try to make a reservation, it comes back, "no rooms available." Let's look forward to its reopening. I have stayed several times and always enjoyed the hotel and the location. Find another hotel in the area, Its outstanding in its proximity to everything that matters in Paris.

I'm always amazed how businesses in France can close for years for renovation. In the US, if it took more than a year, you would be out of business. In France it's more leisurely, the zoo took seven years to reopen after renovation.

Room Tip: Rooms on street are good but you can hear the subway underneath every 15 minutes.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank JackRabbit88
Jerusalem, Yerushalayim, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2014

We satyed there last year for a romantic tripand had the best time. The room is very nice, not as clean as we would expect, but I liked the green concept of not replacing the towels every day. The service was very professional and couteous and the location was just perfect for having everything in a walking distance.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Naama Z
Washington
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 4, 2014

We ended up not being able to stay here--it was recommended to us by our travel agent, but we received notice that our planned stay was not possible because they were closing for 3 years for a renovation. They were very helpful in forwarding our reservations to our choice of two hotels for our stay, which worked out just fine. We will have to try them out in 2017!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Bruce J
Northampton, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed April 29, 2014

Stayed here in April and received the warmest welcome from reception, plus some extra attention as it was my birthday - like a Bottle of Champagne and some sweets, plus a DC of their jazz-in-the-lounge music! That was over and above expectations. Although the hotel is undergoing some modernisation, the room we had was a little tired, but the bathroom was gorgeous, the bed and bedlinen wonderful and the "invisible" housekeeping staff excellent. Cocktails expensive, but well worth it. The lounge has subdued lighting, so not conducive for reading maps, etc by. Could have been a bit more "smiley" with the concierge, but then, that's Paris for you! We liked being near St Germain and Bon Marche as we have usually been on the right bank before, but easy walking to wonderful restaurants and along the riverbank to Musee d'Orsay, etc. Can't comment on food, as too late up and full from night before, alas!

Room Tip: Higher floor overlooks inner courtyard but was quiet - ask for room at the front if you can. Check...
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Mutty M
new york
5 of 5 stars Reviewed April 17, 2014

For the last 30 years we have stayed at this hotel and always enjoyed our stay. Unfortunately on 4/13/14 the Hotel closed for 3 years . I hope they will reopen . The art deco architecture of the Hotel was vey special in today's cookie cutter layouts. The rooms and bath rooms were spacious and the service up to the last day was 5 star !

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank Christine G
Lutry, Switzerland
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 2, 2014

We booked the hotel through a French internet-site called voyageprive.com. I had booked two rooms for my family which were supposed to be superior rooms – in all honesty I don’t know what there was supposed to be superior in those rooms. First the rooms where to the street side; luckily in Paris traffic was strongly diminished due to pollution. Secondly, the rooms had seen several renovations, and you could identify any single of them – I would not have paid a single penny for that work. Thirdly, the bath-room in the room of my daughters was full of hair all over which got noticed by my girl, who herself is not the most orderly one. And even after having complained, it still was not much better.
Then in our package we had the breakfast included. One must admit, there was a nice choice of stuff, but the waiters and waitresses were not very helpful. When asking if there is some more of a certain product they told that it Is all there is….no smile, no politeness, no nothing…I do expect much more of such a hotel in the center of Paris. The location of the hotel is simply excellent.
We also had a voucher of 15% on all consumption within the hotel and its restaurants and bars. When I ordered something to drink before leaving to dinner I presented my voucher, but the deduction had not been processed. AS it was one drink only I did not bother to claim, but I should not have even to control these things in such a place.
My children had the second evening dinner at the hotel’s Brasserie – food and service were here as well but only mediocre.
All in all, a disappointing experience, and all of us were convinced that the hotel could do so much more with a little smile and the little extra in service here and there – the options are there it lacks the permutation.

Room Tip: If the rooms we booked are superior rooms, then in all honesty, you should even choose a higher qual...
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled with family