There are a number of plus points about this hotel a few bits of advice and a few minor criticisms. I will begin with the plus points. Firstly I cannot think of a better location for the price with most of the main attractions in walking distance and right next to a major communications hub so you can get most places on the Metro. It is also only one stop from Gare du Nord on the RER. There are also lots of places to eat and drink in the area and there is in my view a good vibe.
We were on the 6th floor looking over the square and I really enjoyed looking out over the scene and taking it in. The room was big for a mid price city centre hotel and if we had stayed for longer I am sure we would have used the cooking facilities if only for breakfast. As it was it was good to have a decent fridge and mugs for tea coffee etc. The hotel was clean and the staff helpful and friendly.
In terms of comments remember this is a city centre hotel so there will be some noise and there are crowds of often young and boisterous people about although in was quiet by before midnight and as someone who lives in London that is really quite early. Anyway with the windows shut there was not much to hear anyway.
The hotel is also next to a big building site and they start about 8 but you go to Paris to do not lie in bed so I don't see that as an issue, but if it is for you this is not the place to stay.
We had the breakfast which was ok with as many croissants as you can eat and good coffee. It wasn't cheap but unless you do do your own breakfast in your room better value for money that going to a cafe where you will spend as much for a lot less.
In terms of the down side there is a strong smell of garlic in the corridor from the pizza place downstairs which is a bit off putting. We didn't get this in the room though so not a major problem. Also the breakfast room is a bit small so you do need to be prepared to wait a bit, although we never had that problem.
This really is a good place to stay if you want a good value central location in Paris.
- Also Known As:
- Citadines Prestige Les Halles Hotel Paris
- Citadines Prestige Les Halles Hotel
- Citadines Les Halles Paris
- Citadines Les Halles Hotel Paris
- Citadines Les Halles
- Citadines Paris Les Halles
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- L'Apart'hotel Citadines Prestige Les Halles est situé au-dessus du Forum des Halles, cœur stratégique de Paris et quartier le plus vivant de la capitale, en liaison directe et rapide avec tous les centres d'affaires. L'Apart'hotel vous propose 189 appartements sur ses 7 étages, soit 134 studios pour 1 à 2 personnes et 55 deux-pièces pour 1 à 4 personnes, dont 28 studios Club et 6 Club apartments. Tous les appartements sont non-fumeurs, dotés d'une climatisation individuelle et équipés d'une cuisine et d'une salle de bains. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Tingo, Agoda, Otel, TripOnline SA, Expedia and Venere so you can book your Citadines Prestige Les Halles reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.