“Great Location for Shopping in Paris... Friendly Staff Too!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Opera Richepanse

You added Hotel Opera Richepanse to your Saves list
Hotel Opera Richepanse
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 rue du Chevalier de Saint-Georges | 1st Arr., 75001 Paris, France (Formerly BEST WESTERN Premier Opera Richepanse) (Louvre / Palais-Royal)   |
Ranked #192 of 1,792 Hotels in Paris
Sandy Hook, Connecticut
“Great Location for Shopping in Paris... Friendly Staff Too!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 27, 2013

My daughter and I stayed recently over a long weekend shopping trip to Paris. Our room was their standard -- 1 queen size bed and it was good sized for Paris. Room was clean and neat and bathroom was fine. TV in the room was good sized with a complement of English speaking channels -- CNN, BBC, Disney. The hotel staff was quite attentive and was very helpful at calling taxis and storing our luggage for us after checkout and before we left Paris. I can't say enough about the great location -- right off St Honore near Madeline... quick walk to the Concorde metro stop for the 1 line and only about a 10-15 minute walk from the Louvre. Fantastic Stay and I would stay there again. We did not eat the breakfast at the hotel... so I can not comment on that. They are working on the facade of the building (if you are used to Paris then you will know that nearly all buildings go through this every 5 years or so)... but we were in no way impacted by the work... there was no noise or mess or dirt as a result of the ongoing work.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Mihci, Directeur général at Hotel Opera Richepanse, responded to this review, February 8, 2013
Dear Guest, I would like to thank you for your kind words concerning the positive aspects of the hotel. I am glad you overall enjoyed your stay with us.
Thank you very much for your understanding regarding the facade renovation. It was really necessary to do it. The buildings need to be always in a good state in Paris that is why Paris is so beautiful. We do our best to disturb our clients as little as possible and during this period we offer the famous Godiva chocolate for all clients.
I sincerely hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back to our hotel.
Best regards,
Justine Mihci
Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Singapore, Singapore
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 16, 2013

I chose this hotel because of its location. When I arrived at the hotel at night, the staff there wasn't particular friendly. Then the room was very dull, make me feel depressed. Although it's a relatively spacious hotel room in Paris, but it doesn't feel cozy at all. The bathroom wasn't particular clean that I found cigarette ashes in the toilet.

The worse is that the building (external wall) was under renovation, so that i could not open my window, otherwise it would be very dusty.

It was noisy that I can hear noises from the street, as well as the tube. In the morning we were woken up by the drilling sound from the construction work.

So we left the hotel after one night of stay. very disappointed.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
As Manager of the hotel Opera Richepanse, I would like to sincerely apologize for the negative experience that you had with our hotel.
Your comment concerning the cleanness and the staff affected me a lot because it does not match the usual good reviews. We will take it in great consideration in order to improve our service which we know can always be improved.
Concerning the room decoration:
The hotel is in Art Deco style and you had the room with beams. I thing, it was a reason that you felt depressed and you should know that the Art Deco style is quite uncluttered. I would like to inform you that we have the rooms without beams on the selling from the 2nd to the 4th floor.
Now about facade renovation, we do our best to disturb the clients as little, as possible. The workers start at 10am and finish at 5pm (at 12pm on Friday) and there is no work during the week-end. The end of renovation is expected for mid-March.
The construction in front of the hotel is finished now. Unfortunately, you were disturbed by the last loud works.

Best regards
Justine Mihci
Manager
Redondo Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were in Paris for 3 days and wanted to cover a lot of ground in a short period. We booked our hotel/flights last minute (July 2012) and had a really difficult time finding any vacancies. I thought that since this hotel was still available, something about it was lacking (location, cleanliness, whatever) and was happy to be proven wrong.

We love that this hotel is tucked away on a side street - our taxis had a hard time finding it at night. Its quiet, charming, clean and close to lots of cafes not inhabited by throngs of tourists. This is a great place if you want to walk to the main attractions, but then get away from the madness and casually enjoy Paris. The rooms are well appointed and the decor is modern and clean. The bathrooms were larger than standard tiny Euro-sized; and breakfast (down in the basement) is included. After our bataan style marches around Paris, we were happy to flop here at 3 am and leisurely wake up to the street sounds below of lunch traffic; then proceed downstairs to a cafe for a cafe noisette and croissant. I don't care where the best croissant in Paris is; to me, it is the croissant enjoyed half asleep and the nearest distance to my hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013 via mobile

I stayed there in November for one night and I was impressed by their service. I sent an email a few days before arriving to request a room located on the upper floors and possibly away from the lift. I got a positive answer very quickly after having sent my request.

My room was rather spacious. The furniture looked a little bit outdated but it was very comfortable, especially the mattress. Having worked late this evening, I ordered my dinner in the room: service was fast and food good. In the morning, I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, which is served in a nice room in the basement, looking like a cellar. There was a nice array of food to choose from.

The only drawback was that I could not leave the windows open during the night, due to the noise coming from the streets. It has to be said that the hotel is conveniently located close to Place de la Madeleine, which is very central but with a lot of traffic until late in the evening. However, I would definitely recommend this hotel and go back there next time I go to Paris.

• Stayed November 2012
Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed for four nights over christmas and found it to be an ideal hotel - friendly staff, spotlessly clean throughout, well located, quiet, comfortable and civilised.

We had asked beforehand for a firm bed and in room 53 it certainly was - we should have asked for an under duvet as it was a touch too firm but kept forgetting. Nice room with well fitted en suite (good shower, above bath), furnishings quite demure and with neutral decoration. The beamed ceiling to the room was a feature. Pleasant enough view though the building is currently scaffolded. The large tv was of excellent quality (unlike many of French tv's entertainments) and the minibar was well stocked.
We did not have breakfast in the hotel but the room service menu looked inviting and was reasonably priced.

Bus and metro links are within 100m, including the 42 bus straight from Gare du Nord, and with even more available an eight minute walk away at Opera. The area has many shops and restaurants, often high class, including nearby rue du Honore where there is also a very good bakery (with a not so good cafe area behind). A useful Monoprix supermarket is also very close. Champs Elysee, Concorde and the Tuilleries are each about a fifteen minute walk. We did not try any of the three restaurants opposite though we did make the mistake of calling in at the adjacent La 3 Quariers bar - see separate reviews and avoid.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay; my only minor criticism would be that, despite protestations about being environmentally concerned, this. like nearly so many hotels, will insist on unnecessarily providing clean towels every day.

Room Tip: The metro does run beneath but, despite other comments, is not especially noticeable even when sitti...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights 12/5 through 12/10. Loved every minute. Best hotel I’ve stayed in. I booked through a package with airfare through Delta Vacations. This hotel is very close to Madeleine and Concorde metro. A Mono’p is around the corner for supplies. The staff was very polite, gracious and helpful. My room was on the 6th(US) floor facing Rue Duphot. I had a nice view of La Madeleine church (if I leaned out a bit). My superior room was HUGE by European standards and the bathroom was fantastic. Breakfast at 20E is pricey but there was a fast selection available. Two things of note. Currently there is construction going on and the jack hammering starts by 9am and lasts all day. Made it a bit difficult to rest mid day but you really are rarely in your room during the day. Line 8 runs right under the hotel. I could hear it up on the 6th floor so I’d make sure you are up that high. I can’t imagine how loud it would be on the lower floors. All and all and great stay and I hope to be able to stay here again. I’ve posted a few pics, I was in room 56.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room due to the metro being under the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Virginia, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Enjoyed a lovely stay at the Richepanse - friendly and helpful staff, an elegantly comfortable and quiet room. This is a superb location for shopping, seeing the fabulous holiday windows of the Grands Magasins, or getting virtually anywhere you want to go in Paris - several metro lines within a few minutes. Metro line 14, which we took from Gare de Lyon to Madeleine, then a 5 minute walk to the hotel, is the best we've been on for those with luggage - escalators and elevators available so you don't have to schlep luggage up and down stairs. The free wifi worked perfectly, and the little lobby was a nice place to meet friends before enjoying the holiday sights of Paris.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple