“Ideal base for walking Paris” 4 of 5 stars
Review of BEST WESTERN Premier Opera Richepanse

You added BEST WESTERN Premier Opera Richepanse to your Saves list
BEST WESTERN Premier Opera Richepanse
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   14 rue du Chevalier de Saint-Georges | 1st Arr., 75001 Paris, France   |
Special Deal
Free breakfast with your stay
Ranked #129 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Redondo Beach, California
“Ideal base for walking Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 13, 2013

We were in Paris for 3 days and wanted to cover a lot of ground in a short period. We booked our hotel/flights last minute (July 2012) and had a really difficult time finding any vacancies. I thought that since this hotel was still available, something about it was lacking (location, cleanliness, whatever) and was happy to be proven wrong.

We love that this hotel is tucked away on a side street - our taxis had a hard time finding it at night. Its quiet, charming, clean and close to lots of cafes not inhabited by throngs of tourists. This is a great place if you want to walk to the main attractions, but then get away from the madness and casually enjoy Paris. The rooms are well appointed and the decor is modern and clean. The bathrooms were larger than standard tiny Euro-sized; and breakfast (down in the basement) is included. After our bataan style marches around Paris, we were happy to flop here at 3 am and leisurely wake up to the street sounds below of lunch traffic; then proceed downstairs to a cafe for a cafe noisette and croissant. I don't care where the best croissant in Paris is; to me, it is the croissant enjoyed half asleep and the nearest distance to my hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Hong Kong, China
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

I stayed there in November for one night and I was impressed by their service. I sent an email a few days before arriving to request a room located on the upper floors and possibly away from the lift. I got a positive answer very quickly after having sent my request.

My room was rather spacious. The furniture looked a little bit outdated but it was very comfortable, especially the mattress. Having worked late this evening, I ordered my dinner in the room: service was fast and food good. In the morning, I enjoyed the breakfast buffet, which is served in a nice room in the basement, looking like a cellar. There was a nice array of food to choose from.

The only drawback was that I could not leave the windows open during the night, due to the noise coming from the streets. It has to be said that the hotel is conveniently located close to Place de la Madeleine, which is very central but with a lot of traffic until late in the evening. However, I would definitely recommend this hotel and go back there next time I go to Paris.

• Stayed November 2012
Bournemouth
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

We stayed for four nights over christmas and found it to be an ideal hotel - friendly staff, spotlessly clean throughout, well located, quiet, comfortable and civilised.

We had asked beforehand for a firm bed and in room 53 it certainly was - we should have asked for an under duvet as it was a touch too firm but kept forgetting. Nice room with well fitted en suite (good shower, above bath), furnishings quite demure and with neutral decoration. The beamed ceiling to the room was a feature. Pleasant enough view though the building is currently scaffolded. The large tv was of excellent quality (unlike many of French tv's entertainments) and the minibar was well stocked.
We did not have breakfast in the hotel but the room service menu looked inviting and was reasonably priced.

Bus and metro links are within 100m, including the 42 bus straight from Gare du Nord, and with even more available an eight minute walk away at Opera. The area has many shops and restaurants, often high class, including nearby rue du Honore where there is also a very good bakery (with a not so good cafe area behind). A useful Monoprix supermarket is also very close. Champs Elysee, Concorde and the Tuilleries are each about a fifteen minute walk. We did not try any of the three restaurants opposite though we did make the mistake of calling in at the adjacent La 3 Quariers bar - see separate reviews and avoid.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay; my only minor criticism would be that, despite protestations about being environmentally concerned, this. like nearly so many hotels, will insist on unnecessarily providing clean towels every day.

Room Tip: The metro does run beneath but, despite other comments, is not especially noticeable even when sitti...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Sacramento, CA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 14, 2012

Stayed here for 6 nights 12/5 through 12/10. Loved every minute. Best hotel I’ve stayed in. I booked through a package with airfare through Delta Vacations. This hotel is very close to Madeleine and Concorde metro. A Mono’p is around the corner for supplies. The staff was very polite, gracious and helpful. My room was on the 6th(US) floor facing Rue Duphot. I had a nice view of La Madeleine church (if I leaned out a bit). My superior room was HUGE by European standards and the bathroom was fantastic. Breakfast at 20E is pricey but there was a fast selection available. Two things of note. Currently there is construction going on and the jack hammering starts by 9am and lasts all day. Made it a bit difficult to rest mid day but you really are rarely in your room during the day. Line 8 runs right under the hotel. I could hear it up on the 6th floor so I’d make sure you are up that high. I can’t imagine how loud it would be on the lower floors. All and all and great stay and I hope to be able to stay here again. I’ve posted a few pics, I was in room 56.

Room Tip: Choose a higher level room due to the metro being under the hotel.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
Virginia, France
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 22, 2012

Enjoyed a lovely stay at the Richepanse - friendly and helpful staff, an elegantly comfortable and quiet room. This is a superb location for shopping, seeing the fabulous holiday windows of the Grands Magasins, or getting virtually anywhere you want to go in Paris - several metro lines within a few minutes. Metro line 14, which we took from Gare de Lyon to Madeleine, then a 5 minute walk to the hotel, is the best we've been on for those with luggage - escalators and elevators available so you don't have to schlep luggage up and down stairs. The free wifi worked perfectly, and the little lobby was a nice place to meet friends before enjoying the holiday sights of Paris.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Andover, MA
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 23, 2012

Selected this hotel because of some points I wanted to use and the location and was not disappointed. The room itself was comfortable, bigger than I expected and with a large bathroom (for Paris). The beds were good, windows opened, air conditioning worked well, and it was very clean. Did not use the mini-bar or eat breakfast at the hotel as there were cheaper options elsewhere. The location is perfect, 1/2 block to the Madeleine church and the metro, and a hop on hop off bus site, as well as a small grocery store (montop). 1/2 block to Longchamp and the other great shops, and a very short walk to the Seine. Try Royal Madeleine across the street for a great meal (it was pouring rain so the promixty came in handy!).

Room Tip: We were on the street but it was not loud with the windows closed.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Zurich, Switzerland
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 21, 2012

The hotel is steps from the Madeleine and the great shops of Rue Royale. I usually stay here when I am in paris. The rooms are small, but well maintained, and the cheerful and helpful staff are always trying and make up for the room size. Many rooms have been renovated and the place has improved a lot, especially with windows as the hotel sits over a street with some activity, day and night. I did breakfast out, around the corner are nice places for coffee and eggs etc, as is laDuree

Room Tip: Up is always nice but there is an elevator
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business

Been to BEST WESTERN Premier Opera Richepanse? Share your experiences!