“Very Pleasant” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #1,206 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Bellingham, Washington
“Very Pleasant”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 8, 2013

I have no criticism. The staff is very friendly and helpful. My room was clean, comfortable and attractive (I like the hotel's decor) and the breakfast was very good. I like the location and easy access to the Metro. I've have stayed here 3 times and have enjoyed my stay every time. I will stay here again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Antwerp, Belgium
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 5, 2013

Friendly staff but ... Very noisy even if i was on the 4th floor. I could hear my neighboors and the street with wondows closed. Room not really clean, in bad condition, unconfortable bed, one small elevator one person, ... i won't go back!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

My husband and I just returned from Paris and were very disappointed with Hotel Beaumarchais. Their official website makes the hotel look funky, cheerful and clean and it's everything but. The rooms haven't been updated in decades- the paint's peeling off the walls, the carpet is filthy, the sheets had tears, there is grime and dirt in crevices, it's so dark and dated (the lack of lighting may be the worst I've ever seen).

I know Paris is expensive but I feel totally ripped off. The worst part is that I actually spent more than our budget allowed because I trusted this hotel when they said they were 3-star. I had justified the additional cost because I figured it was worth it to stay in a little nicer place for a while. No way is this hotel 3-star, it's really just a step above a hostel in my opinion.

A few other reviews have mentioned that this hotel was in a great location which was another selling point for me. The location isn't terrible, but I don't feel it's "great" either- just okay. There are dozens of restaurants and cafes nearby, but you can say the same about any block in Paris. It's located in the 11th and the closest sight is probably Notre Dame which is still about a 20-25 minute walk. Paris isn't a HUGE city so my husband and I were able to walk most everywhere (except the Eiffel Tower which is just too far), but like I mentioned, the closest sight was still 20-25 minutes away. The Lourve was probably a 30 minute walk; the other major sights are even farther. If you're not into walking at all there are 2 metros within a 3 minute walk (Oberkampf [5 and 9 lines] and Filles du Calvaire [8 line]).

I do want to mention that the hotel staff were friendly and helpful. They helped reset their internet because it wasn't working for us and allowed us to print some tickets. The only comment I can make is that one morning they had forgotten to call us for our wake-up when we were going to the French Open. Luckily, we had set an alarm on our iPad.

The last point I have to make is that the WiFi was very spotty. Sometimes it worked fine, sometimes it was not working at all but most of the time it was just slow. For several reasons we needed the internet during our stay and, unfortunately, it was just very inconsistent.

If this hotel hadn't cost what it did I wouldn't have given it such a bad rating, but as I mentioned, I felt it was very overpriced even for Paris. We've stayed in much nicer and cheaper places in London and Rome when we've visited (cities which I feel are comparable in cost to Paris). I'm not overly critical and I've never written such a poor review on Trip Advisor, but I wanted to share my experience because I don't feel the other reviews paint the real picture of this hotel. I wish there had been more reviews like mine before our stay so I could've avoided Hotel Beaumarchais altogether. Trust me... you can find a much better value in Paris!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Berlin, Germany
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 2, 2013

Maybe this hotel had some good winners in the past but that was a long time ago. The carpet, furniture etc are not well maintained. Its simply being used and has stains everywhere. The paint from the walls comes off. It needs a complete make over. It does not deserve any stars. Rooms should not cost more than 50 euros a night. Poor breakfast, the heater did not work (it was 8 degrees Celcius outside). When I went downstairs about 11.30pm the receptionist smoked marihuana in the back room.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Oshkosh, Wisconsin
1 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

This hotel is NOT in a good enough location to pay the rates that they are charging. We have stayed in hostels that are nicer than this place, and obviously paid much, much, less for those stays. To pay 131 Euros a night and see a place like this is very, very disappointing.

The room itself had three power outlets with one slot each, barely big enough to plug a converter into. None of the outlets were by a mirror and not one outlet in the entire bathroom. One of the outlets was falling out of the wall and barely usable. The room was very small. Just large enough for the bed itself, not leaving much room for other movement. The bathroom shower door had a big crack in it and the toilet is practically inside the tub it is so small of an area. The room had terrible lighting and was aged beyond believe.

Love Paris, but not this hotel!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Cape Town Central, South Africa
3 of 5 stars Reviewed May 17, 2013

Very quaint and basic. This hotel has the smallest elevator I've ever been in - it takes 2 people and 2 suitcases then its full! Its ideally situated in the heart of Paris city central and very accessible to public transport and restaurants. Dont ask the hotel reception to arrange an airport transfer - book it yourself. The receptionist booked us with a man who drove the vehicle like the devil was on his heels! Otherwise the rooms were small but adequate and clean. Staff spoke adequate English.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
3 of 5 stars Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

Ok, so the elevator is small enough to require two separate trips for two people with luggage. That concludes my criticism. The staff was both friendly and helpful. Morning breakfast was delicious, the coffee was strong and sustained us for hours. The room was kept clean, with fresh linens, for each of the three days of our stay. The close proximity to two metro stations put any location in Paris just a few minutes away. I would stay there again.

Stayed April 2013

Been to Hotel Beaumarchais? Share your experiences!