“A nice brasserie with a North African scent... Chouchou is definitely worth it!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Chouchou Bar

Chouchou Bar
63, rue Rambuteau, 75004 Paris, France (Hôtel-de-Ville)
Improve this listing
Ranked #5,476 of 13,456 Restaurants in Paris
Dining options: Reservations, Late Night
Neighborhood: Hôtel-de-Ville
Turin, Italy
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 17, 2012

While living in Paris, I went many times to this brasserie very close to the Centre Pompidou.
Chouchou has a nice environment, a friendly service and good live jazz music. But what makes it great is that you can get such a lot of good food at a very affordable price!
Besides the traditional french dishes, from the onion soup to the confit de canard, they serve wonderful tajines and couscous, which I strongly recommend! The latters are so abundant that can be shared by two people, and are complemented by a very tasty chili sauce.
They also have a nice dehor on Rue Rambuteau.
In a few words, Chouchou is just worth it!

• Visited November 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
“Amazing!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 11, 2012

We LOVED this restaurant! The service was great, our waitress was so attentive and the tagines we ordered was SO good! We had the lamb, walnut and fig and the chicken with lemon preserve and they were absolutely wonderful with huge helpings that we were sad we couldn't finish. They also had two live musicians that were really wonderful and made the night very enjoyable? We were sad to see some of the bad reviews as we would highly recommend this restaurant!

• Visited August 2012
    • 5 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 5 of 5 stars Food
“Disappointing”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 5, 2012 via mobile

After having a wonderful first experience here and recommending the place to quite a few people I returned tonight to be, in a word, disgusted. My soup was burnt, literally black on top and my steak was pretty much inedible thanks to all the fat and sinew. I won't even get started on the service, what with the waiter bringing me a ridiculously overpriced bottled water when I clearly asked for regular tap... After my main was served no-one bothered to check on me until I 'demanded' the bill... Look you can take your chances as they have the ability to be great, but on average this is a no-go.

• 2 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 2 of 5 stars Food
Edmonton, Canada
“Atmosphere great, food terrible”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 28, 2012

Went twice to this restaurant by mistake. Once for lunch and again for a late supper when they has a nice Jazz duo playing some very good music. It wasn't until we sat down and recognized the waitress that we realized it was the same place as 3 days ago. Both times the food was terrible, assembly line, pre-cooked, reheated from frozen kind of food. Having said that the service was good and the music that evening was why we stayed. I certainly wouldn't choose this place if your looking for a great culinary experience.

• Visited June 2012
    • 4 of 5 stars Atmosphere
    • 1 of 5 stars Food
Gulfport, Mississippi
“Amazing Dessert!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 23, 2012

My wife, daughter and I stopped by for the Vanilla Creme Brulee and ended up getting the Caramel Apple Tart as well; we were blown away! Simply the best dessert we'd eaten while in Paris, and the prices were reasonable as well. Stands out in an area full of good restaurants; put this one on your list for your next trip to Paris!

Visited June 2012