“Great service, definitely worth a visit” 5 of 5 stars

Special Rate
€715 (EUR)
Ranked #52 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Sittingbourne, United Kingdom
“Great service, definitely worth a visit”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

The hotel is right by the Trocadero, opposite the seine from the Eiffel Tower. It is very easy to get to from anywhere in the city but tucked away a bit from the hustle and bustle. We booked a premier duplux suite and a deluxe room and the room sizes are very large for a central Parisian hotel. The hotel is quite new so there were a lot of modern touches (such as the electric curtains and shades controlled from switches on the wall and beside the bed). The rooms had everything we could want during out stay with plenty of space to put luggage and clothes. We were checked in inside the suite by the front desk staff and when booking had mentioned we wanted to hold a meeting in the room that afternoon. During check in the lady asked us what she could get for out meeting and some refreshments were swiftly sent up to the room. Some of the rooms from the upper floor have spectacular views of the Eiffel Tower, but to paraphrase Guy de Maupassant, why splash out more on a room with that view when you can see it from all over Paris! We have a lovely room overlooking the front of the hotel with a nice balcony. We are already planning out next visit to the hotel!

Room Tip: Don't waste money on an Eiffel Tower view
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled on business

369 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
Newcastle, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 5, 2013 via mobile

Great location. Staff are very attentive. Breakfast is very overpriced. Rooms are lovely and our room and great views. Would definitely stay here again. The best staff I've ever come across in the world.

• Stayed January 2013
New York, NY
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2013

I've been lucky to stay at several wonderful Paris hotels, including Four Seasons George V and the Plaza Athenee...but this was by far my favorite. The experience was truly exceptional from start to finish. The hotel staff was incredibly warm and attentive to our every need. We were upgraded upon arrival to an amazing two-story suite with an incredible view of the Eiffel Tower. The room itself was very Parisian while subtly incorporating eastern elements. The room was modern, impeccably clean and despite its size, felt comfortable. The lobby and each of the other common spaces were lovely and had so many interesting design elements. During our brief 2 night stay, we had breakfast in our room, lunch in the restaurant, drinks at the bar and afternoon tea in the lounge - the food and drinks were wonderful on all occasions and the scene was quite lovely as well (busy, but not too busy). The concierge and bellman were always very helpful and had spent considerable time helping my fiance make arrangements in advance of the trip. The hotel feels more intimate than the other hotels I have stayed in in Paris. Although some find the location to be less desirable than some of the other hotels, you are really only a 10-15 minute walk to Avenue Montaigne, des Champs Elysees, etc. and I don't think we ever paid more than 10 euros in a cab to get anywhere we wanted to go from the hotel (besides the airport, of course). I am a picky traveler, and I had no complaints. It was a very special weekend for me and I just want to thank the hotel for everything they did to make it even more amazing. Would return in a heartbeat and was very sad to leave!

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 31, 2013

I booked this hotel for our long weekend in December last year mainly based on the reviews i read. The hotel is located in a beautiful building with lots of history relating to Napoleons cousin. When we arrived the staff were very attentive and helpful and everything looked as glossy as i had expected until we were taken to our room.

Yes the room was lovely and a fantastic view of the tower but the reception staff did not tell me when they sold me an upgrade that you could hear drilling from building works next door. The management offered their apologies but i thought it was rather naughty of them not to inform arriving guests of the ongoing works next door to the hotel.

We had a lovely time and we are going to stay at the Shangri-La Hotel, Qaryat Al Beri, Abu Dhabi in March so will keep you guys updated.

Room Tip: Ask about the noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Coleraine, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Probably the best hotel I've ever stayed in! Excellent and discreet service! The check in process in my suite was a nice touch as was the Jasmine tea on arrival. The knowledge of the concierge team was superb and the restaurant bookings they made for me for first class. Lots of nice little touches that separate this from the mainstream hotels in Paris and a stunning view of The Eiffel Tower from my room. Excellent breakfast , wonderful pool and spa facilities . Cannot recommend this hotel enough.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with Eiffel Tower view
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Phoenix, Arizona
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 15, 2013

My family recently stayed at this gorgeous hotel for only 2 nights. I wish it could have been more! The only problem that I had was that I just wanted to stay at the hotel when I should be out sightseeing. Upon arrival, staff is so welcoming. You can sit down in a lounge while checking in. They bring you tea or coffee and water to refresh you after your (probable) long journey. We were taken to our tower view duplex suite, and I could've just sat there, so comfy, with that view for days. Such a historic building with such great modern amenities, coffee maker (pod espresso style), dark curtains/lighting from the bedside switches, great Bulgari and L'Occitane amenities. Although we were not there on business, I was very impressed with the desk. Wifi, in room printer, drawer with scotch tape, paper clips, white out, scissors etc. They just thought of everything.

One more tip. The concierge, who are all clefs d'or, have tickets for many attractions (boat tours, museums etc). You can buy them at the hotel and not have to stand in ticket lines! Great attention to detail.

Room Tip: If possible, get the tower view (even more fantastic at night after a long sightseeing day).
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 9, 2013

This is a most welcome addition to the scene of excellent luxury hotels in Paris. Paris has more true luxury hotels than just about any other city in the Western Hemisphere and yet, Shangri-La is an absolute stand out.
The winning combination: notably great and caring personal service and a property located in a gorgeous mansion. Perhaps because it seems somewhat smaller than the famous classic Palace Hotels, it is just as beautiful and luxurious but with a bit more warmth.
I felt truly spoiled by the staff even before I arrived: they worked very hard to find me a lovely junior suite over a nearly sold-out period.
The Eiffel Tower View, an obsession for many visitors to Paris, was a fun experience. Especially for my 13 year old son. I'm sure Parisians would treasure other views more. After countless visits to Paris I never sought this Eiffel View. I love to see views of the great Boulevards and "Places" and the garden at Le Bristol and I had never felt deprived.
Back to the hotel Shangri- La! It's in an exquisite neighborhood that is ever so slightly removed from some of the famous tourist spots. But for a traveller that knows Paris, this is not even remotely an issue. And if you are a first time visitor the amazing Concierge and entire team will help you with the greatest patience. And it is quite close to some very important sights that really are a trek for visitors staying in locations on the other side of town.

But no matter where your day's excursion takes you, it's a delicious treat to return to this jewel of a hotel and a smiling staff that are true, well-trained professionals.

The entire staff has brilliant manners. No haughtiness within this luxury property. The decor is traditional but , again, fresh and alive. It is elegant beyond reproach. A place to linger...no matter how long your stay in Paris, please think about extending for a day so you can enjoy the different public spaces and gorgeous restaurants. My room was charming and elegant. What a feat! Not heavy satin and brocade but neither a more casual, classic choice of Toile de Jouy. Subtle silks, classic antiques just dotting the room and comfortable seating that invites relaxation are so juxtaposed with great taste in the rooms.

What a winning combination. When I think about my long time favorite hotel in Paris I know it's just about one of the greatest hotels. But in my heart, I am just excited by this new and welcome addition to Paris.
I love the color schemes and decor: really so luxurious but not stuffy. It's quite something. And I'm sure the staff will look after me when I return.

Room Tip: Consider your price point and consult with the staff
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family

Been to Shangri-La Hotel Paris? Share your experiences!