“Shangri lovely” 5 of 5 stars

Ranked #44 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Melbourne, Australia
“Shangri lovely”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2012

We booked at the last minute, arrived early and were very impressed with the most important elements of any hotel, the Staff.
They are all very friendly, attentive, discreet and knowledgeable.
We received an upgrade, and wow the rooms and facilities are nothing short of palatial.
We've stayed in Paris 6 times before and this is one of the best hotels we've seen anywhere in the world.

Room Tip: Room with view of Eiffel tower are plentiful.
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (85)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 13, 2012

This was the mantra of Shangri La Paris.
When we arrived we were welcomed warmly, not a perfunctory service welcome, but a heartfelt cheery welcome that made you feel you were coming home. Having arrived on the London to Paris 6.30 am Eurostar red eye,  it was too early to check into our room so we asked if there was a place we could freshen up while awaiting check-in. "Certainly" replied the young lady at reception, "You may use the health spa facility" Thank you" I replied gratefully. " it's a pleasure " she said smiling. That is how it began.
 Check-in took less than 5 minutes and our bags were whisked away and put in storage until our rooms were ready, while the bags we needed to change our clothes were spirited away to the Spa  The health Spa changing facility looked more like a luxury powder room. They were individual facilities equipped with a shower, toilet, dressing table and a large platform to place your luggage on while you rummaged around (yes they thought of that too). We finished and asked for our bags to be taken back to storage. "Certainly" cooed a voice down the phone. Within minutes our bags had been taken away and we were in the back of a taxi on our way to Versailles.

When we got back we were taken straight to our rooms, where we found our suitcases neatly stacked, some inside the wardrobe and others on suitcase racks. The room itself was just beautiful, exquisitely decorated, very versailles It was a Deluxe room but had all the charm of a suite. Walk-in wardrobe, separate toilette and bathroom, separate shower room , complimentary daily fruit basket and daily complimentary newspaper. There  was a small seating area which faced out onto a pretty little balcony. It goes without saying that the bed was very comfortable and the room overall was immaculately clean.

My highest praise however is reserved for the service
" Can you give us an iron and ironing board?"  "Certainly ma'am ...it's a pleasure"
"Can you make a lunch reservation for two at the Jules Verne Restaurant at the Eiffel Tower?" "certainly ma'am...it's a pleasure"
"Can I have Spaghetti Bolognaise for breakfast?" Without missing a beat room service said "Certainly ma'am...it's a pleasure". This was 8am in the morning and spag bol was a lunch item. I was blown away. The spag bol was delicious by the way, served with two types of cheese toppings and beautifully presented.

The hotel has several gorgeous reception rooms, loads of seating areas where one can relax and it is a stones through from the Eiffel Tower.

At Shangri La Paris everything is a pleasure...amazing hotel, great location, wonderful service and reasonably priced.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 5, 2012

I recently came to Paris with my girlfriend (now fiancée) and stayed at Shangri La from 28th-29th September. My visit was for the very special occasion where I proposed to my girlfriend. Shangri La is the best hotel and palace that we have ever stayed in. From the moment I booked the hotel to the moment we left, we were extremely impressed with all the staff at Shangri La, Paris. I was able to book the room I wanted (Eiffel Premier Room), which has the most amazing view of the Eiffel Tower and River Seine. The room was luxurious and to perfection. It was so amazing that we didn’t want to leave the next day!

The hotel service is top class. All the staff made us feel welcomed and it was evident that they treated all guests with equal respect. They were always extremely helpful, courteous and performed to a top standard.

The Guest Relations Manager, Dina Luis organised everything for our special occasion. She understood the situation and she made sure that the arrangements fit with my plans for the evening and for our stay. She arranged our room and the terrace to a breath taking romantic atmosphere so that when my girlfriend returned the room, she would be surprised. The arrangement on the terrace was exquisite. It was absolutely perfect and even better than I would have thought. Our dinner on our terrace was like a dream.

Pierre (the server for our dinner) is very professional and greeted us very happily and made us feel very welcomed. He was there at every moment I required his service and waited for us in the cold while we made our way to the terrace. The reservations department were very helpful, answering all my questions instantly and helping me book the room I wanted. The concierge and reception staff members on the night were extremely enthusiastic and excited for the big occasion. Furthermore, our compliments to the Chef for providing an amazing top class meal (I especially enjoyed the Sup Dhall Dengan Ayam (Malaysia) starter). The macarons and chocolate cake were delicious and excellent choice of champagne. I really felt that all the staff members were attentive and extremely helpful. It felt like a family who were supporting me all the way and wishing me greatly for this big night. Breakfast at La Bauhinia was extremely fresh and a beautiful place like the rest of the Parisian palace.

Thank you to all the staff at Shangri La for making our dreams come true and making this the best holiday ever. We are even considering doing our wedding at Shangri La due to the excellent service and we will definitely return on the next time we come to Paris.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 2, 2012

We were there for our honeymoon in September. We stayed in the room with Eiffel view. The view was AMAZING!! best view you can ever imagine.

The hotel is very new and beautifully designed. Bright room with beautiful decor, chandelier, Huge bed, big size room, a walk-in closet, even eiffel tower view in our bath room. We absolutely enjoyed our stay and had wonderful time.

Service is very good and personal. My husband accidentally dropped the camera lens cap outside the window, and we approached the roomservice staff for help. After a while 2 engineers appeared in our door with the found lens cap. We are so grateful for the staffs and the extra effort they made to help our stay perfect.

Will definitely recommend this hotel if you are looking for the perfect stay in Paris. It cost quite a bit but the beautiful experience that you get will make every penny worth well.

Room Tip: get a room with Eiffel view!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
nyc
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 26, 2012

My boyfriend and I stayed here during our trip to Paris. Check-in and out was a bit long, but it was worth it. Top notched service from the day we arrived to our departure. Our room was a duplex with a spectacular view of the Eiffel Tower! A great way to end our trip to Europe.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Lagos
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2012

I stayed at this hotel for 2 nights with my cousins while attending a wedding in Paris. I absolutely loved it. The room was spacious and luxurious! And the bathroom!.... that was sheer luxury. The bed was comfortable with soft, nice bed linens and sleep was blissful for the 2 nights. Service was excellent and staff were super! We didn't eat in the hotel as we were out during the day. Nice luxurious lobby. I will definitely stay at this hotel again, though pricey but worth every penny!

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends
Geneva, Switzerland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed September 17, 2012

Beautiful setting in a historical "hotel particulier" which may well be to date the most beautiful hotel in Paris even if somewhat a bit out of the way. However, the service at the bar was far from perfect.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Shangri-La Hotel Paris? Share your experiences!