Background:I've stayed here at least two times. Love the location. The rooms I had, especially the Grand Luxe with a courtyard view, were wonderful. Ditto staff and elegant public rooms. So, thought it would be a good idea for my husband to enjoy this hotel on my recent trip. Here's what happened.
1. Checked in too late to get a courtyard view for my Grand Luxe room (booked six months in advance).. For years this room choice has been advertising either a Rue Christine or Courtyard view. However, I got a Rue Dauphine view, meaning that my windows were never open because of the noise from this busy street, and I love fresh air.
2. The A/C did not work upon arrival so spent an hour or more with the repair person (who did a great job!).
3. During my interaction with the front desk I experienced a couple screaming for their room, another person who had been waiting six hours, another who asked "what about me?" And so on.
4. My Grand Luxe contemporary room had no ambience whatever. Bland, no touch of Paris, pure Westin ( and I love Westin, but not in France). Front Desk said they are redoing the rooms to combine more local flavor with contemporary convenience. Incidentally the room was huge by Paris standards: 27 meters. Great in that respect.
What makes no sense to me is that although I had told them this was a birthday trip for me, no small note or gift awaited me upon my arrival. Nor did they reduce my room charge even slightly to acknowledge my not getting a room location (Rue Christine or Courtyard view) that was guaranteed by the hotel. It wasn't the money or the gift that mattered, it was their showing they cared. They didn't .
So, I have a trip planned for April requiring two rooms but given my experience I don't know if I can choose the D'Aubusson. Maybe I will again,but not until they restore their former greatness.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Stylish and very attractive Hotel d’Aubusson is housed in a true Parisian mansion dating back to 1634 and located in the very heart of Saint Germain des Prés, a stone’s throw away from the renowned Pont Neuf bridge and within easy walking distance to The Louvre museum, the Orsay museum, Ile Saint Louis and the Notre Dame cathedral. Boasting discrete luxury, Louis XV furniture, original Aubusson tapestries and a wonderful wood burning fireplace. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Priceline, Agoda, Despegar.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, EasyToBook, TripOnline SA and Tingo so you can book your Hotel d'Aubusson reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Hotel d Aubusson
- d Aubusson Hotel Paris