“Third time and just as good!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Verneuil

You added Hotel Verneuil to your Saves list
Hotel Verneuil
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8, Rue de Verneuil, 75007 Paris, France (Saint Germain Des Prés)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #50 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Perth, Australia
“Third time and just as good!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 24, 2013

In early February 2013 I returned to Hotel Verneuil. I'm always wary of returning to a place I have previously loved. I needn't have worried. Hotel Verneuil and I survived our third date! What a terrific hotel. The staff are marvellous. Friendly, and nothing is too much trouble. The breakfast room is a joy to visit. Each morning I arrived to find more delectable French bread, pastries, and fruit. Yes, the rooms are small, but no smaller than others I've stayed at in Paris on earlier visits in the Nineties (and which cost much more $$$$). The location is superb.

Room Tip: The Club rooms are good. I prefer a street-side room. Others may prefer the quieter south side.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled solo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (91)
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 23, 2013

I booked this hotel due to TA reviews and the website. In the days leading to our arrival, our plans were changing by the minute. The staff was understanding and accommodating and communication by email was prompt and courteous.

On our arrival the room was not ready so the staff recommended two bistros nearby for a nice lunch and promised that our room would be ready when we returned.

We were lucky enough to be upgraded to the Deluxe room and it was nice (and I would say even spacious compared to Paris standards). I do wonder how small our original classic room would have been. The bed was comfortable and the room was clean.

The staff is what separates the Hotel Verneuil from other St Germain hotels. They greeted us warmly and made sure that we felt at home in the hotel. They answered all my questions about restaurants and made recommendations. Just friendly people making sure our stay was as comfortable as possible.

Overall - a great little hotel in a great location.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
LAX
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 20, 2013

As previously mentioned here, this is a lovely hotel and easily walkable to all the left bank sites and the Louvre and even the Right Bank shopping district. I stayed for two nights in a club room which was very small, the bathroom too, so I recommend you book a deluxe room as I took a look at one and it was a more comfortable size. The staff is very helpful, breakfast was good and in an atmospheric stone walled basement room, and the bed and linens were wonderful. Neighborhood is quiet and there is a small spa next door if you need a massage like I did after all the walking.

Room Tip: Choose a deluxe room for more space, especially if there are two of you.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Rye, New York, United States
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2013

Lovely and accommodating staff. Great location very close to St Germain. Rooms are indeed small but newer as they were just renovated in 2012. Feels clean and new. Will return next time I am in town. Breakfast while not included in the price was quite good and priced well.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with friends
Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 12, 2013

This was a first time travelling to Paris with my family, so I put some time in researching a hotel that would be in a great location and would be good value for money. We had two weeks in this amazing city, so it was important for us to choose well. Hotel Verneuil fit the bill perfectly. The hotel was in the St Germain area within an easy walk to Louvre, Champs Elysees and wonderful bakeries. For this reason we chose to have breakfast at on of the many pastry shops locally, with Eric Kayser being one of our favourites.

The hotel has been newly renovated, and even though the rooms were small, we found them to be of gorgeous decor, and very clean. We had a Club room, and recommend this, and would even prefer a Deluxe room, which I would chose on a return visit.

Service was excellent, and nothing was too much trouble. We had the helpful staff organise our Louvre and Eiffel Tower tickets, as well as recommendation of many great restaurants. Sandrine was especially helpful, and made our stay at Hotel Verneuil very special.

In one word, would I stay here again..... Definitely, but I would upgrade to a Deluxe room.

Merci Beaucoup! :-)

Room Tip: Upgrade to a Deluxe room, it will be worth it.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with family
Houston
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 8, 2013

Here's my pro/con list for this hotel. Overall, I really enjoyed my short stay here:

Pro:

1. Great location. You can walk to the Louve, Eiffel Tower, etc. The Left Bank area is truly beautiful and this hotel allows you the ability to soak in that beauty.

2. Breakfast. Breakfast is served in the hotel's basement, which sounds way more terrifying than it is in reality. The basement looks more like an expansive wine cave then your normal run of the mill basement. The spread at breakfast is your typical cold cuts, cheeses, assortment of breads, soft boiled eggs, yogurt, plenty of jams, cereal, etc. It was perfect food assortment to start your day.

3. The Bathrooms. We stayed in a Club Room and we found the bathroom to be the highlight. It has a full sized bathtub and a heated towel rack. The space is quite large for Paris.

4. Room Service and Menu. The room service menu was plentiful for this small, quaint hotel. I was very surprised to see so many tasty options.

5. Staff. The staff is pleasant and always available. They can arrange car services, museum passes, and even restaurant reservations. We went to two of their restaurant recommendations and we were very pleased with the food.

Cons

1. Club Room is small, but functional. I'm from Texas so my expectations may be out of whack. In fact, they are, I have stayed in Paris before. The Club Room is tight with two people and suitcases. The room is very functional though and overall, you shouldn't be staying in your room--it's PARIS!

2. Looking for a late night drink? Good luck! Most bars and restaurants close relatively early--at least by 11 p.m. So if you are looking for a bar to have a night cap, you may be walking for quite a bit. The good thing about the stores/shops closing early is that there is very little street noise after 10 p.m. so that is a plus when you are trying to sleep.

3. The Stairs are your gym. Spoiler Alert --It's a 17th century building so the charm comes with stairs. There is a very small elevator located on the 2nd floor so if you are exhausted after one flight of stairs then you have that option. No matter what, you will be climbing stairs; however, considering this hotel does not offer a gym, think of it as a psedo-stair master.

Short Summary: Book it! I will stay here again come next year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room that faces the couryard.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
Israel
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 6, 2013

Location: the hotel is situated at the top end of St Germain which puts you within easy walking distance of both St Germain and the attractions across the river like the Louvre, Rue de Rivoli etc.

The facilities: the hotel was recently renovated which is very evident in the rooms and the breakfast area. Our deluxe room was cozy to small but its new furniture and stylish bathroom fittings more than compensated for that. Even the toiletries were by L'Occitane and the towels were of exceptional quality.

Service: in one word - excellent. The front desk staff provided excellent recommendations and bookings and even had tickets to art exhibits. The breakfast is lovely and definitely recommended.

Room Tip: We had a deluxe room and I'm sure it's worth the difference.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Verneuil? Share your experiences!