“Lovely hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Verneuil

You added Hotel Verneuil to your Saves list
Hotel Verneuil
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   8, Rue de Verneuil, 75007 Paris, France (Saint Germain Des Prés)   |
Special Price
10% off room rate
Ranked #49 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
London, United Kingdom
“Lovely hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 6, 2013

This is a beautiful little hotel. Newly refurbished so in immaculate condition. The staff are extremely friendly and helpful and it's in a great location. We will definitely come back and stay here next time we go to Paris.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (90)
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 4, 2013

I stayed in the Hôtel Verneuil with my girlfriend from December 22 to December 28.

I booked my stay months in advance after researching many Parisian hotels on the web. It were the hotel's clean website, it's excellent location and the positive reviews on TripAdvisor which made me choose for this hotel. I choose a 'chambre classique' with breakfast included. A confirmation of my reservation was sent right away.

I also contacted the reception by mail a couple of times to get some information. Their response was always fast, polite and informative.

When we arrived in the hotel on December 22 around 10 a.m., we were greeted warmly and were told that our room was already available. We took our lugage upstairs and unpacked. The elevator which brought us to our room on the fifth floor was really tiny, but didn't bother me since it worked very good.

Our chamber itself was really tiny aswel, with little space for walking and turning. Although very small, all comfort was available in the room, due to clever interior design. The badroom had a shower, lavatory and toilet and was recently modernized. The bed was a little to small in lenght for me, but none the less very comfortable. I was always content to go to sleep after long days of sightseeing.

The hotel itself is located in a quiet little street just five walking minutes away from the Seine and the Louvre. In fact, it is quite close to anything. My girlfriend and me have walked to the Louvre, Champs Elysées, Notre Dame, the Latin Quarter, Musée d'Orsay and other important sightings within very reasonable time.
A handfull of metrostations and busstations are not far of aswel.
Due to the hotel being located in a quiet street, we had no trouble sleeping at all. In fact, we left the windows open every night during our stay and enjoyed listening to the nocturnal sounds of Paris.
The only negative thing about our particular room (503) was the temperature. Every time we entered our room it was incredibly warm. We opened the windows right away to let it cool of.

The breakfast which was included in our arrangement was something we looked forward to every morning. The buffet itself is located in the ancient, but renovated, cellar of the hotel, which is very cosy to sit in. We were served by a kind gentleman, who was always politie and helpfull. The baguettes in particular were very tastefull!

On Christmis a small present (a box of chocolats) was awaiting us in our room. We were surprised by this kindness.

All in all, we enjoyed our stay in the Hotel Verneuil very much and will definitely return upon a next visit to Paris, if the prices won't go up too much.

Balaclava, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 28, 2012 via mobile

Unless you're medically claustrophobic, have a family of more than 1-2 children, or simply a whinge-artist who can't put up with a smaller than average room for good reason, what better hotel for the price is there? The staff are simply the best I've ever encountered and genuinely go out of there way to care for their customers by displaying genuine empathy above and beyond that which might be expected at even a presidential suite in a five-star hotel. Wait until you stay there - you'll realise it is actually true.

The building is in a beautiful quarter of Paris within spitting distance of a bus stop, reasonable walk to Germain de-Pres metro train station, about two blocks from the Seine, and reasonable walking distance to the Louvre or Musee d'Orsay. We even walked to the Eiffel Tower, although this took about 20+ minutes (but hey; it's Paris! I can think of less enchanting things to do than stroll for 20 minutes).

Quite frankly, it is extraordinarily good value for the price. Those looking for a Best & Western in terms of pricing will obviously be disappointed, but you get more than you pay for here, regardless.

The building is a stunning piece of seventeenth century beauty, with high vaulted ceilings, and luxuriously appointed bathrooms. It has retained feature settings whilst implementing modern furnishings in a tasteful way that doesn't just 'fit-in', but complements the overall vibe. It has a tiny lift that starts on the first floor. It is in a quite street with virtually no noise.

I have stayed in everything from Hiltons, Westins, luxury Sheratons etc in the USA/Australia/New Zealand to top of the line 'The Standard' in New York and have never been as impressed as what I was here. We will not stay anywhere else on future trips to Paris.

Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
Spain
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

Hotel Verneuil is in an excellent location. Unlike other TA contributors, our stay was not what we expected - we agree with and experienced some of the less positive comments. The desk staff could tell that we were not happy when leaving and we were able to provide feedback. Once returning home, we were contacted by the Manager, Ms. Sandrine, who bent over backward to hear what we felt was not right. She more than compensated us with her kind attention and professionalism. This was the first time that management of any hotel has reached out to us in such a sincere manner.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
Champaign, Illinois, United States
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

I can't say enough good things about Hotel Verneuil. It's in the heart of Paris, yet tucked away in an amazingly quiet side street. Literally a five-minute walk from the Louvre, shopping, restaurants, metro, and bus. If you truly want the ambience of the Left Bank, you'll love Verneuil. Comfortable bed, crisp linens, cozy yet stylish decor -- and scrupulously clean. A lovely haven after a long flight or a long day of sightseeing. I travel alone and have never felt anything less than totally safe and secure there, which is worth a lot to me.

The staff are always friendly and always helpful, day or night, and thank heavens everyone speaks English, because my French often fails me. Breakfast is always good, fresh, and ample, and the ancient, stone-arched cellar makes an awesome breakfast-room. The lounge -- with fireplace and plenty of overstuffed seating -- is a wonderful place to relax and have a glass of wine.

Yes, the rooms are small, but, again...if you want a true Paris Left Bank hotel, this is it.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 11, 2012

We stayed in Hotel Verneuil in early December. The hotel is perfectly located in the heart of St Germain - 5mins from the Louve, 15mins to the Champes Des Elysees. We got a cab from Garde de Nord for only €10.

Our room was a club room which was very well decorated, comfortable bed but a small room - the size of the room was not a problem as this is what we expected. I would like to note that
I had one of the best nights sleep I have had in ages - no noise, good a/c and nice bed.

The bathroom was well decorated and very clean but had a VERY small bath and lacked power in the shower.

The lounge area was very nice as was pretty much everything in this small, but well maintained hotel.

My only slight issues include the breakfast, which whilst perfectly fine, could have been included in the room price. Secondly, I just feel the €200+ per night is slightly expensive for what you get.

I would recommend this hotel based on service, location, cleanliness and character, with the only negative being that I did not think the price necessarily justified what we got (hence the 4/5).

CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 6, 2012

Cute hotel on a great location and not too busy of a street. Rooms are small, but tastefully done and completly renovated bathrooms. Service was great!! They had great recommendations for dinner spots -- not your typical tourist sposts. Breakfast room was great -- a cave like room food was very good and service was outstanding. recommend largest room -- they other ones are very small, no where to put luggage

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Verneuil? Share your experiences!