“Another wonderful stay at Hotel du Danube” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel du Danube St. Germain

You added Hotel du Danube St. Germain to your Saves list
Hotel du Danube St. Germain
3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   58, rue Jacob, 75006 Paris, France (Saint-Germain-des-Pres)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #279 of 1,788 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Boston, Massachusetts
“Another wonderful stay at Hotel du Danube”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 26, 2013

We have stayed at this lovely little hotel perhaps 7 times over the past 10 years. It has gone through a much needed renovation ( no more AstroTurf in the courtyard!) and we just love it. The location is ideal, it's relatively quiet and the staff is very helpful. The room we love is simply decorated but has a small terrace which we actually use quite a bit.

Room Tip: We always stay in the same room and love it.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
58DANUBE, Assistant de Direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear sir,

Your comments regarding your stay with us are really wonderful to read. Thank you so much for taking the time to write this nice review.

We truly hope that you will return to stay with us again during your next visit to Paris!

Warm regards

Executive Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (51)
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 22, 2013

I stayed in this gem of a hotel at least ten times and found nothing but joy.

As a business traveler, it has all of the amenities one would expect of a hotel for far more money.

As a tourist hotel, its location is utterly superb. It is steps from Blvd. St. Germaine yet sits quietly nestled away on Rue Jacob. It is seconds from the Metro.

The staff is helpful and friendly. I give my highest recommendation to this romantic and purely Parisian delight. (It proves that this "star" system is very silly. The Du Danube is five stars to me!)

Not to be a snob but...if anyone wants bacon, eggs, and tour groups in the lobby, the Hilton would love to see you!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
58DANUBE, Assistant de Direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, November 1, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much indeed for taking the time to write such a glowing review about Hotel Danube and we are all deeply grateful for recommending our property. to others.

My team and myself are waiting to welcome you again soon!

With my warmest regards,

New York, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed October 19, 2013

I booked rooms for 5 business colleagues for 3 nights in September. The beds were lumpy and hard with a plastic sheet underneath. The carpet in the hallways and on the stairs was frayed, stained and worn. The worst was the smell in the bathroom. The stench of mold was so strong we could not use the shower. We used the toilet only with a towel covering our nose. We told the hotel and they responded quickly enough by spraying room freshener, but the smell was back a few hours later. The last morning of our stay, we realized that $200 + 20 Euro had been stolen from the room. Never again.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Mademoiselle,

Following your recent stay with us I am very disappointed to read your comments regarding your room as we have always had terrific feedback about that specific room from our guests. Since that room is so popular in our fully refurbished property and is often booked many weeks in advance I cannot understand your point of view and I am sorry that it wasn't to your liking.

As for the money, you should still remember that I made it absolutely clear to you before you left the hotel by using our pocket PC – a micro computer which keeps track of all operations made on the door lock as well as on the safe - that nobody else except yourself used your safe nor entered into your room. Therefore, your money was supposed to be stolen somewhere else out of the hotel. Once again, my team and myself are deeply sorry for that.

Middleton, Wisconsin
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 8, 2013

We stayed at the Hotel du Danube for 4 nights in mid-September. Wonderful stay at a terrific property. Staff all very friendly and helpful. Plus, we must have had the largest hotel room in Paris. Don't know if all the rooms are this size, but it was fantastic. Of course, can't beat the location—the St. Germain area can't be beat. Easy walk anywhere or to a Metro stop. Cab station two blocks away on Blvd. St. Germain. Will be back next time we are in Paris

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, October 17, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write and post such a nice review on Hotel Danube. We simply hope to have the opportunity to welcome you once again as soon as possible.

North Woodmere, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

Just came back from 2 weeks touring France in which 6 nights were stayed in the Hotel du Danube. After researching different locations and hotels we decided the St Germain area would probably be a good fit for us. There were lots of cafes/ restaurants, upscale stores and close to the metro. After checking many hotels in the area, reviews in TA, we decided stay at the Hotel du Danube.
When we checked into the hotel we were unexpectedly upgraded from a superior room to a privileged room. I don't know why but we gladly accepted it. The room was modern and large for European standards. The bathroom was huge and modern. Everything tastefully decorated. All the people we spoke to at the front desk were always extremely helpful, pleasant and answered all our questions appropriately and gave us good advice when needed. The location was wonderful. We were able to eat breakfast near the hotel every morning. Plenty of cafes in the area and Laduree down the block. We never tried the hotel breakfast so I can not comment on that. We also ate dinner a few nights near the hotel as well. Plenty of restaurants to choose from. In the daytime, were able to walk to the Louvre and the D'Orsay Museum. If you are a shopper, you will be in shopping heaven!
I would recommend this hotel to friends and family and when I return to Paris I would stay at the Hotel du Danube again.

Room Tip: Room 41 is considered a privileged room. Modern decor with huge bathroom that has separate shower an...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, October 16, 2013
Dear guest,

Every member of my team and myself are truly overjoyed to read that you really liked our property and we do thank you for taking the time to share your experience here on TripAdvisor. We are also grateful for recommending Hotel Danube and we hope to welcome you one day in the months to come.

Sincerely yours,

scarsdale
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 6, 2013

I really enjoyed the Danube.The location is wonderful: near Blvd St. Germain,blocks from the Seine and across from the Louvre.We walked to almost everything and there are terrific restaurants within blocks.
Our "prestige" level room was plain but clean and with ample closet space..The bathroom was very nice.I had to ask for an extra sheet since I don't want to use exposed blankets in a hotel and then our bed was made up wonderfully every day.
We had breakfast at the Danube twice.Instead of just one croissant,we were served a lovely basket of pastries.The eggs were good too.Our room was on the "courtyard" but it faced a wall. No view but quiet!
Perhaps the most notable asset of this hotel,aside from the location, is the superb staff.Their recommendations were perfectly on target for us.They were friendly and interested in us..I can liken this experience to staying in a friend's home: the general experience was warm .
I stayed in this hotel when I was a student and I would happily return.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, October 15, 2013
Dear guest,

It is really nice to hear that you came back here to Hotel Danube after being student in Paris a couple of years ago and to read that you liked our property once again. Thank you very much indeed for your kind comments regarding our staff and we do hope to welcome you soon.

London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 3, 2013

My boyfriend and I literally drove ourselves crazy looking for the 'perfect' Parisian hotel and location. With so much to choose from we decided to book the Danube based on feedback from friends of ours who stayed there.
I was reluctant as I don't usually like to stay in less than a 4* hotel but with such an amazing location you just cannot fault it.
Unfortunately we had a bit of a sad start to our trip when my boyfriends bag was stolen with all of his valuables in moments after we landed. We turned up to the hotel after a nightmare in the police station etc and were greeted with the warmest of welcomes by Romain and his team. They really couldn't do enough for us let us make phone-calls do the various people we needed and unlimited use of their printer and facilities in reception.
Aside from that Romain and the staff were super helpful with many recommendations for places to eat and see.
The hotel itself was warm and cosy. We took the cheapest room which was clean and appropriately sized with a comfortable bed.
We would definitely stay at this hotel again but perhaps pay a little more for an upgraded room. To say again location is unbeatable and staff superb.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
58DANUBE, Assistant de direction at Hotel du Danube St. Germain, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Dear guest,

Thank you very much indeed for choosing Hotel Danube for your parisian stay and also for sharing your experience here on TripAdvisor.

My team and I are pleased to hear that despite the "sad start" at the airport due to your boyfriend's stolen bag you finally enjoyed your stay in Paris and we really hope to welcome you once again.

Sincerely yours

Executive Manager

Been to Hotel du Danube St. Germain? Share your experiences!