“Sounds better in the description” 3 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel des Bains

We can't find prices for this hotel
Hotel des Bains
You added Hotel des Bains to your Saves list
33 Rue Delambre | 14 Arr., 75014 Paris, France (Montparnasse)   |
Ranked #926 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Haifa, Israel
“Sounds better in the description”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 10, 2013

The location is great - very close to the metro and right next to the busy streets of the city. Plenty of bars and restaurants near by. The room was so small that we couldn't fully open the bathroom door because it touched the bed. We couldn't unload our stuff comfortably either because it was so small. Another thing I didn't really like, is that you can't pay online. I had to give them all my credit card info via email. A part from that, the guy at the desk was very nice and from the outside, the hotel looks great.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
France
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013

Bad experience, mainly do to poor communication with the person at the reception. Bathroom was not cleaned, was sent to 3 different rooms, bad attitude, no appologies.... i feel that management was not good and employees were not motivated to give good service.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Cornwall, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 25, 2013

The first time I was here I shared a suite with my friend. It was off the courtyard and quite cozy. On my return to Paris I had my own room. The room was small, not uncommon for the city. The only downside was that it had a wonderful view of a blank wall and pipes! Well, I guess someone has to see them. Otherwise, I would recommend the hotel, its convenient location, its breakfasts and its sitting area.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Beurlay, France
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 21, 2013

My wife and I stayed in this hotel on 15 September 2013. The Hotel is easy to find, clean, well-appointed and above all good value for money. In particular the ensuite facilties were excellent. It is very convenient for the Metro and the TGVs at Montparnasse. For us it was great to have local Indian and Japanese restaurants. The local market is great fun together with the art market on a Sunday. Also why not visit the cemetery to see the graves of Samuel Becket, Simone de Beauvoir, Serge Gainsbourg and the like?

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Gurgaon
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 12, 2013

I stayed here with my wife for 4N in August. Really loved the place, it is a small room, like all affordable Paris rooms would be! But the neighborhood is really nice and accessible from the public transport point of view. We had a room on the 2nd floor with a view of the courtyard, and it was really nice and peaceful at night

To get here from the airport, we caught the Les Cars Air France (The Airport Coach run by Air France). Take the bus on Line 4 and get off at the last stop (i.e. Montparnasse). Walk towards the tall building (Tour Montparnasse) and this place is around 3-4 minutes walking distance from the Tour.

For our day to day travel, we used the Metro extensively. The Hotel is close to 3 stations (Gare Montparnasse, Vavin and Edward) and that made the whole of Paris accessible to us by the superb metro network

The shower area of the room is also decent, with quick hot water on the tap available. There is also an elevator that you can use to get to your floor. The elevator is small and can fit in one person plus two bags, but it helps you avoid the hard climb to your floor with the bags. Our room safe was not working, but we still felt very safe to keep our passports and our money unlocked in our bags

I wanted to stay in the 1st or the 2nd district, but also wanted to stay below EUR 90/night. This place offers the best way out and I would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Select a Courtyard facing room for absolute silence at night, the road facing room is also peaceful...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Atlanta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 3, 2013

I've stayed here several times - with family, with friends, and on my own - and I've never been disappointed. The area is very safe, convenient to two metro lines, and walking distance of the Luxembourg Gardens. There are numerous excellent and affordable restaurants nearby. The staff is friendly and helpful.

The hotel is quite eclectic. Each room I've stayed in has been different, with different layouts and furnishings. Check rates online - if you are traveling with more than two people, there are a couple of 'suite' options which I have found to be quite affordable.

An excellent open air food market opens a few mornings a week, and is just steps away. On Sundays, they feature the work of local artists. There are also several excellent shops in the area.

Literary and artistic buffs will be thrilled to find themselves walking in the footsteps (and drinking hangouts) of Hemingway, Fitzgerald, Joyce, Picasso, Dali and Degas. You can do a internet search and download free walking tours of the area.

If you're looking for a luxury, romantic escape you might be happier elsewhere. But for friends, family, or single women travelers, I think you'll be very comfortable at this sweet little hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
Melbourne
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2013

So my friend and I stayed at Hotel des Bains in Paris for 5 nights, it was a nice, clean, great value hotel.

This hotel is a typical Parisian Hotel, tiny lift that fits either 2 people with small back packs or 1 person with a large suitcase, or 3 very skinny children. The rooms are also tiny, as is the staircase but that's the norm in Paris. The decorations are a little quirky and slightly unusual but not offensive.
Most importantly... the room had free wifi, airconditioning, and a comfortable bed.
That's all I really need in a hotel room (well a part from a bathroom), since I don't really spend much time in a hotel anyway. As an added bonus the view from our room was wonderful and the staff were very friendly and always willing to have a chat or help you out.

The location is great a 2 minute walk from the Metro, there's a Laundromat 4 doors down and crepe shops galore on the next street over, plus some little bakeries and a fruit shop. It's easy to get to from the Airport with only one connection.

The only thing that was missing was that little book with all the hotel details in it, like how to call reception and the things in the local area, but I would just go down and chat to the front desk which was always manned.

We also got a late checkout which was fantastic.

I will stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel des Bains? Share your experiences!