“Pleasant Stay” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Lille

You added Hotel de Lille to your Saves list
Hotel de Lille
2.0 of 5 Hotel   |   40 rue de Lille | 7 Arr, 75007 Paris, France (Eiffel Tower / Invalides / Palais-Bourbon)   |
Ranked #861 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“Pleasant Stay”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 27, 2013

We stayed for a week at Hotel De Lille and had a very enjoyable stay. It was in a great location with restaurants and cafes nearby with a short walk to the river and main attractions. Yes the rooms are small but quite sufficient (I've stayed in rooms a lot smaller). It was very comfortable and clean, the bathroom was looking a little tatty but it was still clean. The staff were very friendly and helpful. The lift is tiny but at least they had a lift. What we really loved was the air con, we were there in the middle of summer so it was lovely to come back to a cool room and have a comfortable nights sleep (we didn't have this at other hotels and found it a huge plus). Overall it was a lovely experience and I would stay here again!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (14)
North Haven, Connecticut
3 of 5 stars Reviewed November 6, 2013

The best thing about the Hotel De Lille, in Paris, is its location. It is an easy walk to the Louvre, the Musee D'Orsay and Saint Germain des Pres. However, as is probably to be expected given its two-star rating, the rooms are quite small. The double room that I shared with a friend was barely big enough for us and our luggage, and the bathroom was very tiny. That said, the beds were comfortable, the linens were crisp and clean, the staff was helpful, and the breakfast was excellent. I would recommend this hotel more for business travelers than vacationers.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Alpharetta, Georgia
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 22, 2013

We had a wonderful trip to Paris, due in large part to the wonderful staff at the Hotel. They could not have been more accommodating to all our needs. The hotel is one block from the Seine, and within walking distance of most of the major attractions.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
Huntington Beach, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2013

After reading the mixed reviews of this place, I was somewhat nervous about the condition of my room. It was great. What seems most crucial to me while traveling internationally is to recognize the variance of standards and limitations in comparison to your "norm." My single room here was larger than what I had in Blois three nights prior to my arrival in Paris. The mattress and bedding were clean and comfortable; the set-up was spacious (as much as it could be); the AC was perfect. Suggestions for improvement: larger shower curtain (it's a corner shower with a curved bar, so curtain does not entirely close on both sides) and a mini-fridge (put it next to writing desk or inside closet). The only noise I heard was from the street below, but I enjoyed listening to the night life and am not a light sleeper.

I did not order the breakfast because another reviewer indicated the abundance of boulangeries in the area, which worked well for me (I ate light). The staff were very courteous and always greeted me. The location is relationally optimal contingent upon where you want to spend your time. A three-minute walk across the Seine or down Rue du Bac gets you to either Louvre or d'Orsay. In 15 minutes (depending on your speed and route), you can reach Grand Palais. I suggest taking the metro to Trocadero as walking is an invigorating jaunt (my preferred method, though, because of the sights). You can walk to Notre Dame Cathedral in 20-30 minutes; however, there is major construction going on there. On that same note, RER C line between St. Michel and Invalides is closed due to construction; this section is a primary corridor and also your "go-to" for traveling to Versailles.

Lastly, I suggest splurging on a taxi for transport to and from the train station. I rode the metro, which was fine (I had one 25" rolling suitcase and a large carry-on shoulder bag), but the stairs are quite inconvenient: There are no lifts or escalators. While heaving my luggage up the stairs, however, multiple people stopped to help.

Room Tip: Room 33 was great. There was no noise from inside the hotel, and the street below had few shops, so...
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
London
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 23, 2013

I stayed here for two nights and the staff are just the best. Very kind and helpful. I could leave my bag here on the last day so I could get some sightseeing in without lugging luggage. Plan your trip so you visit what's near on the last day. It's so central in a great part of Paris and if you're not going for long makes sense to stay here and not waste your time on travel.

The room was very clean and well kept. They are small rooms - this is Paris and you want to be out seeing the sights.

Lots of places to eat out so I did not try the restaurant.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo
Melbourne, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 17, 2013

Don't be fooled by the cute exterior! This place is classic "you get what you pay for" Tiny room and the weirdest bath/shower set up I've ever seen. We ended up sitting in the bath to shower to avoid getting water all over the bathroom.

Lucky our days were so long out of the hotel. This place was our least favorite part of Paris.

We also had a problem checking out due to Booking.com not taking the funds from our account before we left home as we thought. We were faced with a bill which wasn't planned for our credit card. Not the hotel's fault but the receptionist did mention this is common with their hotel.

Overall it was ok. Next time we visit Paris we will make sure we save a bit more and book a nicer hotel. Paris is a stunning city so the whole experience would be more enjoyable in a better hotel.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Somerset, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

We had a great stay at Hotel de Lille. Great location, only minutes from the Louve, D'Orsay, and other museums. The staff was very helpful and pleasant. Yes, the elevator was small, but we used the steps as we pack light. The room was small, but we knew that going in, and it was very adequate, and clean. We weren't in the room except to sleep. The breakfast was good, not a buffet, but cereal, jellies, lots of breads, juice, and coffee. I would recommend this hotel if you are willing to give up some room, for the excellent location. We slept well, and felt safe.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel de Lille? Share your experiences!