“Quiet and charming Hotel Parc Saint-Severin, Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Parc St. Severin

Save Saved
You added Hotel Parc St. Severin to your Saves list
Hotel Parc St. Severin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 rue de la Parcheminerie | 5th Arr., 75005 Paris, France (Sorbonne)   |
Ranked #136 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Fort Worth, Texas
“Quiet and charming Hotel Parc Saint-Severin, Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

We are Americans who will soon be visiting this quaint Paris hotel for the third time since March 2010. I just realized I had not written a review on this hotel and wanted to say a few things that had not already been mentioned by others. We stayed in a regular room the first time, but requested one of the larger rooms on the top floor for our 2nd and 3rd trips. They have larger bathrooms, more floor space, balconies and afford incredible views of the rooftops surrounding the hotel. The photographs possible from the balcony are another advantage to staying in one of those rooms. We also ordered the full French breakfast every day and it was actually brought up to our room on a tray! The location of the hotel is incredible! Not only close to several major tourist destinations, it's also very easy to find excellent restaurants nearby, including a French Fondue restaurant that is just to the left of the front door. The hotel is also located across the street from an ancient Catholic church, which is also worth a visit, and you can see Ursuline nuns walking together down the street from your window. The hotel staff will also get clothing cleaned for you within one day and will store your luggage for you on the day you check out, just in case you need it. There is also a computer downstairs in the quiet and well-decorated lobby. It's also easy to travel to and from all the other neighborhoods of Paris from this location, which is near the intersections of Boulevard St. Germaine and Boulevard St. Michael. If we didn't like this quaint Parisian hotel so much, we wouldn't be going back for our 3rd visit in August 2013! In fact, we sent two of our adult sons here for a visit last summer, too.

Room Tip: Request a larger room on an upper floor, preferably with a balcony view.
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple

340 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
Boston, Massachusetts
2 of 5 stars Reviewed July 14, 2013

There are positive aspects to this hotel, primarily its location. It is on a surprisingly quiet street near the church of St. Severin in one of the oldest parts of Paris and close to all major attractions. Our experience there was not pleasant however. We arrived mid-afternoon on a Tuesday for a three day stay, and were given a room on an upper floor. We were not told, however, that the room(s) on the floor above were being renovated, and that they were in the midst of hammering out the tiles of the bathroom floors and walls directly above our heads. The noise was so loud we had to shout to hear each other in our room. When we went to the reception to complain, we were told that the hotel was full and we could not be moved until perhaps the next day. We asked how long the construction was scheduled to continue and were told that it would last all week -- they had been at it for two months already. When we said the noise was unbearable, the staff told us that we simply had to leave the hotel between 10 and 4:30 and we would not be bothered by it. We had hoped to rest up a bit in our room after traveling, but this was not possible.

This is not what one expects from a hotel with pretensions of four stars. I haven't been expected to leave for the entire day since I stayed at a youth hostel. We did get a room on the first floor the next day, which was quieter, except for a noisy compressor in the air conditioner. No one ever apologized to us for the inconvenience, even when we checked out. We only stayed because we believed (mistakenly) that we had prepaid for the booking.If no construction is going on, the hotel would have been adequate. I have been visiting Paris for 40 years, and there are much better establishments.

Room Tip: Call first to make sure there is no construction going on
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 13, 2013

The hotel is cute and has a great location, but what was most impressive was the superb service. We arrived very late and were not only warmly welcomed by the hotel staff, but the man at the front desk went out of his way to phone a restaurant to request they stay open in order that we could get a bite to eat after a very long and tiring day of travel. His thoughtfulness was greatly appreciated and was just the first of many thoughtful gestures by staff that really enhanced our stay. We would be delighted to stay at this hotel again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Los Angeles, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was our second trip to Paris in 2 years. We stayed at Hotel Parc Saint Severin for 3 nights in 2011, and we found it to be so well run and perfectly located (for our needs) that we returned for 4 nights in June, 2013.

We never once had breakfast there, and we didn't stay in our rooms very long. We just used the hotel as a base of operation in the Left Bank/ Latin Quarter for many hours of walking.

Many of the same staff were there in 2013 that we first met in 2011. They're extremely professional, very courteous, and sufficiently fluent in English. They take their jobs seriously, and we have nothing but good things to say about them.

One of the things we like most is that the hotel is somewhat tucked away behind the busiest streets. It's very quiet, but only a few blocks from major activity.

The next time we go to Paris, we're sure to return here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Cannot fault this hotel in any way. The room was very cheap compared to other hotels in the area so we weren't expecting much but the hotel turned out to be much nicer than expected. Rooms are very spacious and look newly refurbished along with the bathrooms which are high quality. Felt like we were in a 5* hotel. Staff are very friendly and speak enough English to help. The location is perfect, right in the main shopping area with restaurants and cafes and a 5 min walk to Notre Dame but its tucked away down a side street so no problems with noise at all. Only a few mins on the metro to the Eiffel Tower. If we returned to Paris we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was in Europe working for 2 weeks in March, and the third week was a vacation in Paris. Prior to selecting the hotel, I spent quite a bit of time researching hotels in this area of Paris. On my previous trips to Paris, I have always stayed on the Right Bank, so for this trip, I really wanted to stay on the Left Bank. The hotel Parc St. Severin turned out to be a great choice. I arrived rather late on a Friday night, and took the RER from CDG to St. Michel. The hotel was an easy walk (I had quite a bit of luggage because I was in Europe for 3 weeks total), and also pretty easy to find. One of my concerns staying in this area was that the noise wouldn't allow to me sleep, which is one reason I ended up picking this hotel. I have to say, the noise was never a problem, and I slept great every night for the week I stayed here. When I arrived to the room, the first thing I noticed was there were 2 doors, the first allowed entrance to a storage area, which allowed me to put all my luggage in this closet so it wasn't in the room, which is a great idea. The room itself was spacious, large windows running the entire length of the room, with a proper queen size bed. There was additional closet space in the room, along with 2 small night stands, an antique writing desk, and a book shelf with all types of books previous travelers likely left. There was also a teapot in the room, which turned out to be great because it was very cold the week I was there. The bathroom was very clean, and again, I had plenty of space. The only minor issue I had was completely closing the windows in the bathroom on the first night, they are very old, and no matter how hard I pushed them, they didn't close completely, I could still feel some cold air coming into the bathroom - however the next day the maid was able to get them completely closed for me. The bathtub seemed extremely clean, there was a small shelf for tolietries, and plenty of towels with a warming rack. A nice little LCD television is mounted to the wall, so the room was very spacious, good design went into maximizing the space. However, I have to say, the best part was really the front staff. I interacted with the staff at the front desk at all times during the day, and even very late at night, and they were always so polite, courteous, and willing to help. Unbelievably, one night after returning back to the room after a day of site seeing, I was exhausted, and I noticed a small box of Godiva chocolates left by the front desk in my room, I thought this was a great touch. I've stayed in hotels all over the world, and this was a really nice gesture. I do have the ability to speak and understand French, so maybe this helped a bit, but I did interact in both French and English, and I just can't say enough nice things about the staff. This hotel really contributed to a great trip to Paris, and as usual, I found the French to be extremely polite, courteous, and very helpful I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Paris who wants to stay on the left bank. During the week, I visited many of the major sites, Versailles, Eiffel Tower, Hotel des Invalides, Musee de Louvre and D'Orsay, even Roland Garros on the other side of town. All offer easy access as the hotel is so near the RER, and of course, one can walk to Notre Dame, St. Chappelle, etc. Thank you to the wonderful staff at Parc St. Severin for contributing to a great vacation in Paris.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel was very nice. We stayed 3 days in a room on a second floor. The room was of decent size taking into consideration that it is in Paris. We did not take breakfast as we preferred to have it each time in different place. The hotel is a walking distance from RER station which as a big advantage when going to / from airport. It was raining all the time, so the hotel staff always offered us an umbrella when we were going out!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel Parc St. Severin? Share your experiences!