“Hotel Parc Saint Severin, Paris” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Parc St. Severin

You added Hotel Parc St. Severin to your Saves list
Hotel Parc St. Severin
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   22 rue de la Parcheminerie | 5th Arr., 75005 Paris, France (Sorbonne)   |
Ranked #110 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Los Angeles, California
“Hotel Parc Saint Severin, Paris”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was our second trip to Paris in 2 years. We stayed at Hotel Parc Saint Severin for 3 nights in 2011, and we found it to be so well run and perfectly located (for our needs) that we returned for 4 nights in June, 2013.

We never once had breakfast there, and we didn't stay in our rooms very long. We just used the hotel as a base of operation in the Left Bank/ Latin Quarter for many hours of walking.

Many of the same staff were there in 2013 that we first met in 2011. They're extremely professional, very courteous, and sufficiently fluent in English. They take their jobs seriously, and we have nothing but good things to say about them.

One of the things we like most is that the hotel is somewhat tucked away behind the busiest streets. It's very quiet, but only a few blocks from major activity.

The next time we go to Paris, we're sure to return here.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Northampton, England, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Cannot fault this hotel in any way. The room was very cheap compared to other hotels in the area so we weren't expecting much but the hotel turned out to be much nicer than expected. Rooms are very spacious and look newly refurbished along with the bathrooms which are high quality. Felt like we were in a 5* hotel. Staff are very friendly and speak enough English to help. The location is perfect, right in the main shopping area with restaurants and cafes and a 5 min walk to Notre Dame but its tucked away down a side street so no problems with noise at all. Only a few mins on the metro to the Eiffel Tower. If we returned to Paris we would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed February 2013
Tampa, Florida
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2013

I was in Europe working for 2 weeks in March, and the third week was a vacation in Paris. Prior to selecting the hotel, I spent quite a bit of time researching hotels in this area of Paris. On my previous trips to Paris, I have always stayed on the Right Bank, so for this trip, I really wanted to stay on the Left Bank. The hotel Parc St. Severin turned out to be a great choice. I arrived rather late on a Friday night, and took the RER from CDG to St. Michel. The hotel was an easy walk (I had quite a bit of luggage because I was in Europe for 3 weeks total), and also pretty easy to find. One of my concerns staying in this area was that the noise wouldn't allow to me sleep, which is one reason I ended up picking this hotel. I have to say, the noise was never a problem, and I slept great every night for the week I stayed here. When I arrived to the room, the first thing I noticed was there were 2 doors, the first allowed entrance to a storage area, which allowed me to put all my luggage in this closet so it wasn't in the room, which is a great idea. The room itself was spacious, large windows running the entire length of the room, with a proper queen size bed. There was additional closet space in the room, along with 2 small night stands, an antique writing desk, and a book shelf with all types of books previous travelers likely left. There was also a teapot in the room, which turned out to be great because it was very cold the week I was there. The bathroom was very clean, and again, I had plenty of space. The only minor issue I had was completely closing the windows in the bathroom on the first night, they are very old, and no matter how hard I pushed them, they didn't close completely, I could still feel some cold air coming into the bathroom - however the next day the maid was able to get them completely closed for me. The bathtub seemed extremely clean, there was a small shelf for tolietries, and plenty of towels with a warming rack. A nice little LCD television is mounted to the wall, so the room was very spacious, good design went into maximizing the space. However, I have to say, the best part was really the front staff. I interacted with the staff at the front desk at all times during the day, and even very late at night, and they were always so polite, courteous, and willing to help. Unbelievably, one night after returning back to the room after a day of site seeing, I was exhausted, and I noticed a small box of Godiva chocolates left by the front desk in my room, I thought this was a great touch. I've stayed in hotels all over the world, and this was a really nice gesture. I do have the ability to speak and understand French, so maybe this helped a bit, but I did interact in both French and English, and I just can't say enough nice things about the staff. This hotel really contributed to a great trip to Paris, and as usual, I found the French to be extremely polite, courteous, and very helpful I would not hesitate to recommend this hotel to anyone coming to Paris who wants to stay on the left bank. During the week, I visited many of the major sites, Versailles, Eiffel Tower, Hotel des Invalides, Musee de Louvre and D'Orsay, even Roland Garros on the other side of town. All offer easy access as the hotel is so near the RER, and of course, one can walk to Notre Dame, St. Chappelle, etc. Thank you to the wonderful staff at Parc St. Severin for contributing to a great vacation in Paris.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
Jerusalem, Israel
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 1, 2013

The hotel was very nice. We stayed 3 days in a room on a second floor. The room was of decent size taking into consideration that it is in Paris. We did not take breakfast as we preferred to have it each time in different place. The hotel is a walking distance from RER station which as a big advantage when going to / from airport. It was raining all the time, so the hotel staff always offered us an umbrella when we were going out!

Arlington, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed in Paris for 5 nights. Even though we arrived at 9:00am, the hotel graciously let us check in early since our room was ready already. This was much appreciated given how tired we were from the red-eye from the U.S. We stayed in room 21, which according to the floor map seemed to be one of the larger rooms on the second floor. While small by U.S. standards, the room was plenty large enough for my wife and I and included both a desk and two nightstands besides the queen size bed.
The bathroom was also of sufficient size with plenty of "counter space" for our toiletries.
The room was very clean and modern.
Although it is one block away from a touristy area with tons of restaurants and souvenir shops, the hotel itself is amazingly quiet. We kept remarking how fortunate it was that we were right in the middle of everything and yet had a quiet place to stay.
The hotel is within a block or two of two different metro lines (running E-W and N-S) as well as the RER B (to CDG) and RER C (to Versailles).
It is also within easy walking distance of Notre Dame and Sainte Chapelle. If you don't mind walking a bit further, it's not too bad to walk to the Louvre, Maraias, Saint Germain, etc.
No comment regarding the restaurant as we never ate there.

Hokksund, Norway
4 of 5 stars Reviewed May 27, 2013

Spent four nights here and had a very pleasant stay. Helpful and service minded staff and a central location in Paris without any annoying noise outside. We stayed in a corner room on the 2nd floor and the room were fresh, clean and comfortable with a view to the two roads leading to the hotel and could without any problems sleep with the windows open at night.

The tiny elevator was a cool little detail. The breakfast was as expected and OK without any good or bad surprises. Would absolutely recommend this to friends and stay here again ourself. The perfect tourist hotel.

Jacksonville
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My grown daughter and I stayed at the Parc St Severin when touring in Paris for 4 days. In my mind we could not have picked a better hotel for price, location and accommodations. First of all the hotel is nothing fancy, but only the basics. But it was nice and gave us plenty of room for a multi-day stay in Paris. Some other comparably priced hotels have had much smaller space in Paris in my experience. The room was no frills, but clean and comfortable. The service at the hotel was excellent and they were always available and quick to answer any questions we had.

Perhaps the best point of the hotel is the location. It is across the street from the St Severin Church in the heart of the Latin Quarter. It is only a block or so into the winding small streets of the Latin Quarter. In only a matter of minutes we were able to access taxi stands, bus stops, a major Metro stop, Notre Dame and the Boulevard St Michel. We took the RER train in to the hotel from Charles de Gaulle airport without any problems in around 30 minutes. While exiting the St Michele stop with our rolling luggage over the steps was not easy, after we emerged from our stop we were at our hotel in a matter of minutes without any difficulty. To my pleasant surprise, when we arrived at 10:00 a.m. our room was ready and we could move in (I am sure this was just fortuitous and should not always be expected!). The buzzing nightlife of St Germain and the Latin Quarter is only just outside your door. World Class museums are within walking distance or a short metro/bus ride away. Even with this location, we found our little corner of the Quarter quiet and subdued.

We never had breakfast at the hotel because I always feel those hotel breakfasts are overpriced particularly when there are so many less expensive options right outside the door.

There are certainly many hotels in Paris that are fancier, in great locations, etc, but you are going to pay for that and pay big. As for value, location and service, I found this hotel hard to beat. It is a fine hotel for what it is and a perfect stay for a vacation in Paris.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hotel Parc St. Severin? Share your experiences!