“Friendly small hotel, excellent location” 5 of 5 stars

3.0 of 5 Hotel   |   16 Rue de Constantinople, 75008 Paris, France   |
Ranked #69 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
Warwickshire, UK
“Friendly small hotel, excellent location”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2012

Prior to our visit we researched hotels on trip advisor and this one seemed to best suit our needs. We were not disappointed. We asked for a balcony room if possible and were advised that only some rooms had balconies but that they would try and allocate us one and they did.

Upon arrival we were met by the lady that owns the small hotel who was extremely helpful and showed us places to go on a map. She said that she would not be there for the next few days and we both think that she had waited until our arrival before she left which was very nice of her. One of the first things that she said was "thank you for choosing to stay here" which we thought was lovely.

The room was small but big enough! The furnishings were very nice and the bed extremely comfortable. Nothing was too much trouble. The staff gave us cups to make drinks in our room and also lent us an umebrella when it decided to throw it down with rain!

The location is great. Very near a tube station and walking distance to monmatre. We cannot fault this hotel and would not stay anywhere else in Paris. I would suggest booking early if you would prefer a balcony room.

Room Tip: Book early and ask for a balcony. If they don't have one then still book!
  • Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (199)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 16, 2012

My sister & I stayed here for a long weekend in April 2012 and we had an absolutely wonderful time. All of the staff were incredibly friendly and helpful. We arrived a few hours before we were supposed to check in and were allowed to leave our bags in the hotel so we could explore more easily. Similarly on our last day we left our luggage in a locked room after we had checked out and collected later on in the day.

Our room was small compared to previous hotels I've stayed in in Paris, and may not be suitable if you want lots of space, but it was perfect for us. It is located really close to two metro stations and opposite a small supermarket. The breakfast menus were a little pastry/bread heavy for my taste but but there were also plenty of local restaurants/cafes to choose from.

I had high expectations of the hotel based on the reviews I had read in advance and I'm happy to say I wasn't disappointed. We stayed over Easter so may have had a different experience at a busier time but based on the price we paid and the service and experience we had I would happily recommend this to family and friends and will certainly be going back whenever I visit Paris again in the future.

• Stayed April 2012, traveled with family
Queenstown, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2012

I stayed here in late April 2012. A very clean, friendly small boutique hotel, perfect for solo female traveller. Good location for metro's, cafe's. I felt very safe & staff kept apologising for very cold weather. Highly recommend

Room Tip: I had a back room, no view but afternnon sun & quiet. Rooms very small but typical of small Fren...
  • Stayed April 2012, traveled solo
Vancouver, Canada
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 13, 2012

closer to Main Atractions.
Rooms are quite small especially for two people and suitcases. I guess it's a typical Europe hotel room. Very friendly and helpful front desk.
Nice bakeries around the corner.
Can be loud around 5am when delivery trucks come around.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
saddleworth
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2012

My husband & I stayed at this hotel on a four night break in May. The hotel is very well located & we had no problems getting around as there are a couple of metro stops nearby but if you like to walk you can. The hotel was very clean the room we had was on the back & although it served it's purpose & the bed was very comfortable we would have preferred to be on the front as we felt a little cut off, having said that we didn't spend much time in it! The staff are extremely helpful & booked a couple of trips for us which were wonderful they even lent my husband a tie!
One thing they forgot to do though was acknowledge my 50th birthday on the actual day as my husband had e mailed them to tell them about it before we went he was a little disappointed & so on leaving he mentioned it to them. About a week later I received a gift through the post with an apology from them which I thought was very thoughtful as they didn't have to do that & I was very grateful so thank you New Orient for that!
So we would recommend this hotel & Paris is delightful we will definately return soon!.

Room Tip: try to get a front room
Austin, Texas
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

My wife & I stayed there for three days in transit and this place is conveniently located; the staff at the hotel are super helpful and very pleasant. We made a last minute change in our reservation and they were happy to accommodate. Free Internet - fast and reliable. Breakfast was good and had decent choices (includes home made pastries that were delicious). They took our bags to the room which was very helpful.

The hotel is located a couple of mins from the Europe metro station and short hop away to most attractions. They have several restaurants / cafés nearby and a mini mart across the street! Will stay here again.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Aventura, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 6, 2012

Charming hotel, great prices and great service. Rooms are nicely decorated, bathrooms are great
The small stairs and elevator is probably common for an older building in Paris.
Staff is very helpful.
Will definetly go back!!

• Stayed May 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to New Orient Hotel? Share your experiences!