“I miss Le Citizen Hotel already!” 5 of 5 stars

Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #12 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Portland, Oregon, United States
“I miss Le Citizen Hotel already!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 3, 2013

I had a perfect experience with the staff and friends of Le Citizen Hotel while I was in Paris.

My stay was a little unusual, I had to go to Paris for a few meetings for work, but I decided to take some time for hanging out around town and getting a feel for life in the city. My dealings with AirBNB were bad, people were listing apartments as available then writing me back constantly saying they were actually booked. Strange, because I've had very good experiences with that service/similar ones in Austin, Miami, Seattle and LA. Not so much in Paris.

So, on a pretty last-minute basis, I, on a whim, wrote to Le Citizen Hotel asking for availability status. They were sold out, but their wonderful staff did reply to me, and let me know they would add me to a wait list should something come available. Luckily for me, they had an affiliation with a property rental company that had several apartments for rent where I could stay (in the Marais no less) and then some rooms opened up at the hotel. I was traveling pretty light; so moving from the apartment to the hotel was a piece of cake, and the staff were even helpful in offering to store my luggage while I waited for the room to open up.

The rooms were very clean, the staff were all very friendly and in GREAT communication, and at no time was I concerned with anything. While I would spend my days out and around town, it was very nice to come back to the canal area at night and hang out at one of the cafes/Hotel du Nord or stroll along the canal before calling it a day.

The proximity to Bob's Juice Bar is a HUGE plus too. Coming from Portland, OR, I of course have huge (pretentious? annoying?) demands for fresh organic green and healthy juices... like pure shots of ginger (pronounced jeeee-jomp) - which is almost impossible to find in Paris. Bob's was about 3 blocks away, just across the canal, and it was an awesome way to get the day started.

I will absolutely be recommending Le Citizen Hotel to my friends and associates. Next time I know I'm headed to Paris I will be booking my rooms way in advance!

Room Tip: If you can get the big room on the 6th floor, do it. Open the windows (they are huge!) and take a na...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (122)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

Lovely friendly service - I mean really good, eager to please, helpful etc - in a funky utilitarian hotel (basic functional swedish-esque birch design). Great.

Fun area too. Upper floors may be quieter, but room was good, use of ipad a nice touch, as was free mini bar.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Achill Island
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

We stayed in Le Citizen for 5 nights in November 2012. We traveled with our 2 year old and I have to say the staff were very accommodating. They organized a buggy and a fantastic babysitter, nothing was too much problem for them. We enjoyed our stay immensly and will definitely be back when in Paris again. Definitely recommend!

• Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
Paris, France
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

It did take me almost a year to write This review as our stay at le citizen hôtel was a bit confusing. Yes it is a cute little hotel with small well designed rooms. But if it's your first Time in paris then you might want to be closer to the touristic sights And closer to those post cards images you have in your head... Because the hôtel is far.. Now if you want to be away from all the touristic spots then maybe This is the hotel for you.
The breakfast was good but the breakfast room was tiny And we had to wait for a while for an empty table.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
Christchurch, New Zealand
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 30, 2013

My husband an I stayed here for 3 nights in January it lived up to everything we had hoped and more!! The customer service and amenities are both excellent. The little extra touched of baking, iPad etc are just awesome! Location was fantastic easy walk to the metro. Great restaurants nearby. It was even beautiful in the snow! Would highly recommend and we will definitely be back to stay again!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This hotel lives up to expectations. Great location, breakfast superb and the staff look after all of their guests really well. Only minor niggle was the hotel room was small. I will definitely be back.

Room Tip: There are larger rooms available, obviously cost more. But if there are two if you might be worth co...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 19, 2013

Everything about Le Citizen is wonderful. First of all, the staff couldn't be nicer and more helpful. They always had a smile and were eager to make our stay memorable. The days started out with a delicious selection of breads and pastries, plus you could order eggs or pancakes however you wanted them. The dining room is small and everyone staying there was friendly, so we all shared our experiences and tips with each other at breakfast time.

When it was time to set out, the staff would help you plan your day wisely and give you directions on how to use the metro to find your way. When you returned after a long day of sightseeing, they also recommended restaurants within a few blocks of the hotel for dinner and would make a reservation for you if necessary.

The room we had on the first floor had a great view of the canal and the bridge in this charming neighborhood. In the evening, groups of people met by the canal with their picnics. On Friday, Saturday, & Sunday evenings, it was wall to wall groups of friends enjoying food, wine, & company. That created such a nice atmosphere.... just what you would like to see in a city like Paris. We loved to stroll by them on our way to and from dinner.

Our room was bright and charming with a nice comfortable bed, and a nice bathroom. The size is typical of a hotel room in a European boutique hotel. There were always little snacks and juices and soda in the room when we returned as well as complimentary wine and snacks in the dining room from 6 - 7 PM.

For anyone visiting Paris who wants a great place to stay that's close enough to the attractions, yet not in in an area jammed up with people, you can't do better than this hotel.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Le Citizen Hotel? Share your experiences!