“Le Cordon Bleu--Making Your Own Bread workshop” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Le Cordon Bleu Academie d'Art Culinaire

Le Cordon Bleu Academie d'Art Culinaire
8 rue Leon Delhomme, 75015 Paris, France (Montparnasse)
33 (0)1 53 68 22 50
Website
Improve this listing
Ranked #97 of 635 Attractions in Paris
Type: Educational Sites, Cultural
Activities: Leisure education
More attraction details
Owner description: This famous cooking school, established over 100 years ago, has a growing international reputation.
Kaiserslautern, Germany
“Le Cordon Bleu--Making Your Own Bread workshop”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

Baking yeast breads has been my passion for years and attending a Cordon Bleu workshop was a dream come true: educational, entertaining, and fun. Chef Jean-Jacques Tranchant is a true master of his trade. The 10 participants represented 5 countries. Now I want to come back for another class. I highly recommend the experience!

Visited January 2013

Dallas, Texas
“Well worth it!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 9, 2013

I had finally convinced my husband to sign up for the "Freshly Baked Pastries" course as an anniversary present for ourselves, the price tag was quite heavy, but I knew it'd be worth it. Was it? YES!

For € 180.00 you get the following:

• Le Cordon Bleu tea towel
• Le Cordon Bleu apron
• Le Cordon pen & paper
• Full use of their kitchen & tools
• Welcome drinks
• Cold lunch buffet
• Translator
• Assistance from students in training
• Pre-prepared dough
• Recipes
• Diploma
• All your baked goods from the class, and a few extras from the Chef [Which fed me & my husband, the staff at our hotel, our taxi driver & his family, & a young family we met at the train station.]

I couldn't believe it. Not to mention the sheer awe of how many celebrities, political leaders, & various philanthropists shown in photographs on the wall who had all once visited the school.

Chef Daniel was amazing. Everything I could hope for in a French chef. With approximately 50 years of baking under his belt, he not only made the environment friendly, but he made sure to be very helpful. My husband and I loved the course. I'm already working on trying to convince him to let me take "The Secrets of Macaroons" course. Sigh. I already loved Paris, but to be taught by a Parisian baker made this city even more charming!

Visited November 2012
Paris, France
19 attraction reviews
“It was surprising for such a big name”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 19, 2012

I took a class about one year ago at Cordon Bleu; one of the menu items was a "tatin de tomates". I was privileged to take the class in a context which made me share with a world class chef (Diane Tremblay). She told the instructor that his instructions did not fit with her understanding of what a "tatin" should be (named after the eponymous sisters of course). And so she suggested: I do it my way, you do it your way, and we taste the difference. Oh boy; what a difference. She followed the classic approach (which includes a syrup and baking with dough on top); they did not. She did a proper Pesto with it - they did not. Overall they cut a lot of corners, and the result "looked good". But hers really tasted good - and looked good too ... So, I am not sure I would recommend taking a class at Cordon Bleu based on what I saw that day.

Visited December 2011
Madison, Wisconsin
5 attraction reviews
“Thank you Trip Advisor!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 4, 2012

I wouldn't have known these classes existed without Trip Advisor. I went with a co-worker after we were done with business stuff for the day. It's an easy walk from the metro station (although in a very quiet neighborhood, so print a good map).

We attended a 2-hour Chef's Secrets demonstration on October 24th (Chocolate and caramelized pear tart, Truffle ice cream, and Passion fruit marshmallow). The chef and the translator were wonderful. It was also interesting to see the chef interact with the student assistants (all business, a reminder this is still a serious culinary school). You receive a packet with the ingredients for each recipe and then write down the instructions as you watch the chef. It's a little hurried in parts but both chef and translator were always happy to circle back and answer questions about what had been done. As others have said, during the Chef's Secrets courses you don't do any cooking yourself, just watching. It's a great set up in a real classroom though so you won't miss a thing (the front station is designed for teaching and there are multiple monitors around the room). Then, at the end, you get to taste! It was a wonderful evening activity in Paris and I would love to take more courses.

The staff were nice enough to keep the gift shop open after the course if you want to buy aprons or other culinary goodies.

Visited October 2012
San Diego, California
3 attraction reviews
“Cooking School”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed October 28, 2012

We went to two cooking demonstrations. The chef was entertaining, staff was accommodating, menus interesting- overall good time. We were the only visitors, everyone else was a long-term student. Everything is translated into english.

Visited October 2012