“gorgeous hotel” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Vendome

You added Hotel de Vendome to your Saves list
Hotel de Vendome
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Place Vendome, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Ranked #363 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Sydney, Australia
“gorgeous hotel”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 4, 2014

well what can I say...just beautiful! Rooms were divine, beds and pillows were very comfortable, bathroom was huge with spa bath. Staff were excellent and very friendly. The room and bathroom was spotlessly clean . central to everything and can't wait to go back.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
Stoke on trent, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 18, 2014

My fiance treated me to a weekend in Paris for our last Valentines day before we're married and we stayed in the Hotel de Vendome. Upon arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff who were more than accommodating. Once we had checked in we were escorted to our rooms and shown which floor the restaurant was on.

The hotel room was beautiful. It oozed class and glamour with a high ceiling, remote ambient lighting and music which played into the main room and into the bathroom; which was lovely when taking a nice soak in the large tub. The bathroom was huge, with marbeled floors and walls and two separate sinks. The whole suite was spotlessly clean and equipped with a well stocked mini bar.

The restaurant was charming and cosy. The breakfast was adequate, albeit slightly overpriced but that's if I'm being really picky. Location wise, it was perfect. Right in the middle of all the shops and within walking distance to the museums, Notredame and a short journey to the Eiffel Tower.

Overall I would truly recommend this hotel to anyone and I can't wait to go again in the very near future.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Miami, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2013

A 5 star service. Location,superb. Close to everything. You can see the Louvre's fence as you step out. Staff is the best. They even provided me with a voltage converter to be able to use my aerosol machine. Breakfast is the best. Clean, beautiful, different. Look forward to go back. Highly recommended! Make tis hotel part of your Paris experience! We traveled for 49 days and this was our best experience.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Utrecht, The Netherlands
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed many times at the Hotel de Vendome in rooms varying from a single, to a luxury double room to even a suite. All rooms are equally beautiful, if you like baroque style that is; if not, you are out of luck. I kind of feel at home here. Rooms are pretty spacious for Paris standards.

The killer feature of the hotel to me is its location. Right on Rue Saint Honoré and at the entrance to the Place Vendome, the most beautiful Paris square where you will also find the Ritz. Just steps away from the Louvre, Place de la Concore, Madeleine, Opera and the Galeries Lafayette and Printemps.

Room rates are elevated, but very reasonable in my view to Paris standards. It advertises being a five star hotel which might be true to the letter, but not to the "feel" of the hotel however.

Service at the hotel is on the cool somewhat unorganized/restless side. Why not say "welcome!" at check-in? Why not ask "how was your stay?" at check-out? Many different faces at front desk; lot of people behind the desk (it is a somewhat cramped area behind the desk). Sometimes greeting you, often not. Doorman often not noticing you. Area for improvement!

The restaurant/bar is in the 1st floor. I have never visited it. It is a very personal statement, but however nicely decorated it is, it is does not look inviting to me to consider having dinner there.

On my last visit I noted they have a spa offering with (if I recollect corretly) an external spa including indoor pool. To just have a swim you'de have to go out and to top it of pay EUR 20 for 2 hrs access (again if I recollect correctly). You must be dying for a swim then!

And now dear hotel manager, are you reading with me: why aren't there any drapes avaiable in the otherwise very nice bathroom of room 109? One could argue the other rooms facing the courtyard cannot see into that window, but I prefer safe over sorry and having drapes when showering, bathing or using the toilet!! I did point this out at check-out, hope action is being taken soon.

I might sound critical, but I will definitely stay again at the Hotel de Vendome, but I will again just take one of the very nice rooms or suites.

Room Tip: Avoid room 109 as a single traveller unless you are an exhibitionist. Rooms facing Rue Saint Honoré...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Oslo, Norway
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 26, 2013

We booked three rooms, in the morning we all had black colored water coming out of the taps by the washbasins. Maybe this was the reason for the free bottle of Evian by the bed table every evening?
Breakfast was a sad affair. It took a long time to get the coffee from when it was ordered. Also it was not very nice. Toaster did not work instead burnt toast was served in a basket. The second morning we arrived for breakfast at 10 am and there was no cheese left, no smoked salmon etc.
We left at approx. 11 am and nothing more was supplied in spite us asking for refills. Also the bacon, scrambled eggs, sausages, tomatoes were cold, the candles under the heathers had gone out. Normally in a luxury hotel this would be served to order.
A nice German elderly gentleman took the waiter around the various food items in the breakfast room and told him how bad everything was. He pointed at the bacon, scrambled eggs etc. and told him in a nice manner he hoped the breakfast would be better the next morning.
Staff was in general friendly so my impression was that they were not trained properly.
All of us are members of SLH and our expectations were not met.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Valletta, Malta
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 9, 2013 via mobile

The Hotel de Vendome is not cheap, but it is well located just off the Place Vendome. It only has a relatively small number of rooms which are well-appointed and of a decent size. The bathrooms are a little small given the price of the room.

Breakfast in bed is excellent! A good place for a romantic long week-end.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
Evergreen, Colorado
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 7, 2013

My husband and I spent our last two days in Paris at the Hotel de Vendome. After checking in, we now wish we had reserved more time for this lovely jewel of a hotel! We were warmly received by reception, and when we were escorted up to our room, were pleasantly surprised to find out that they had upgraded us to a suite! The suite was the most beautiful one we had ever been in, full of antique furniture, beautiful paintings, and they had even taken the liberty of tastefully sprinkling rose petals on the bedroom furniture as well as the main bath as we were there celebrating our wedding anniversary. While we did not have the chance to eat in the main restaurant, we did have drinks there (some of the best I've ever had) and later ordered from room service which was prompt and the food excellent. We will definitely be planning on coming back for a much longer stay!

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de Vendome? Share your experiences!