“Beautiful hotel in the midst of a very wealthy area” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Vendome

Save Saved
You added Hotel de Vendome to your Saves list
Hotel de Vendome
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Place Vendome, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Ranked #263 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
Bloomsburg PA
“Beautiful hotel in the midst of a very wealthy area”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 5, 2013

I finished my Paris experience by spending the last 3 nights at Hotel de V after being at the Hotel Britannique for the previous 7 nights so my assessment is based upon the experience I had at a reasonably priced lovely small boutique hotel like Hotel B - I wanted to experience a more prestigious address and area before leaving Paris. What struck me (and keep in mind at both places I got the 'typical' standard single) is that Hotel V's room was most definitely larger, more elegant, and with a more classic tasteful Parisian feel (both places, btw. had extremely comfortable beds!). This room was in the 'back' of the hotel so it overlooked an odd inner court but was quite peaceful and quiet. The lobby is beautiful, the old elevator a wonderful trip to the Art Deco-ish era, and the staff were very helpful. Keep in mind I did not make any special requests so I can not say how they would react to any special needs. I did order room service one night (too dang exhausted) and I'll be danged that the cheeseburger and fries (don't ask I had a hankering) was absolutely great - and so were the breakfasts, but very pricey. I did find, interestingly, that I missed the neighborhood feel of Hotel B's region - I was surrounded by enormous wealth and although it was a bit fun to pretend to be super rich for a bit I must admit I found the people and region sad and artificial more than anything - I must say that I preferred the fun vibes of the Hotel B's area. BUT if you want the feel of a scaled-down version of the Ritz, in the very same square, and have close access to incredible shopping, the gardens, museums, but not spend a fortune this would be the place. One thing to watch for - taking a shower can be very dangerous! The tub is slippery and the shower device irksome (and the water gets all over the floor) - I actually fell in the tub and got banged up pretty good - the tub is huge so you have to step up way high and over to get in...if you are elderly or physically limited you may need to request a different arrangement (although the marble bathroom was huge and beautiful!).

Room Tip: The smaller rooms in the back are extremely quiet.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo

240 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (35)
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
Paris, France
2 of 5 stars Reviewed June 29, 2013

The staff is super nice, but this hotel is not pulling 5 stars and doesn't worth the money I paid for it. It's small, outdated, and has no facilities. The cleaning is bad-what you got on the floor will stay on the floor for weeks, but somebody's hair regularly appears everywhere. Tips don't help. The restaurant is slow and the extremely pricy food tastes just to the level not to be poisoned. Tea costs 7 euro and they will bring you warm water and a tea bag. Basic requests can't be satisfied. I know places in Paris at the same location that are cheaper and million times better than this one. Don't recommend.

Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 26, 2013

My daughter and I stayed at this hotel May 30 to June 2, 2013, it was lovely. Our room was clean and comfortable. The staff was very helpful and accommodated us with all of our requests. Breakfast was wonderful, and we had a lovely server named Daniele, she made sure we were happy with everything and she was prompt and very cheerful. We had drinks at the bar, BEST bloody Mary, I ever had. It was a wonderful trip and the hotel was within walking distance of everywhere we wanted to go. I loved that it was a small and intimate hotel with very helpful staff. Would recommend it and would love to stay there again. Virginia Prouse

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
3 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

This property is beautiful, well located but simply cannot be considered a 5 star property. The staff is polite and well meaning but could not accommodate basic requests. For example we could not seem to get a laundry service bag in the room despite several requests. They could not get a rental car booked. They could not get a guide booked for a tour of the catacombs because their guide was "afraid". Worst the elevator did not work for our entire stay. Nice people that can't seem to execute. Too bad.

• Stayed June 2013
sydney
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 18, 2013

We recently had a fabulous 5 night stay at this hotel, and we did not want to leave! It is at Place Vendome, which is a great position with the Tuilleries Gardens, Opera House, The Louvre, Boulevarde Haussman department stores, River Seine and many other attractions very close by, so is an easy walk. Our suite was beautifully decorated in a classic lavish style and by Paris standards, was simply huge! With an outlook over Rue St Honore, it had a separate powder room, sitting room, separate bedroom, massive walk in wardrobe and a large bathroom. The ambience in the whole hotel is of a calm oasis in a busy city. We had breakfast included and it is served in the restaurant which has been decorated by Dior. The food at breakfast and also at the dinner that we had there one night, was faultlessly presented, so delicious and the service was first class. For our dinner there, we chose the 5 course degustation menu, and were not disappointed with the quality and the amount of the serving. We felt very at ease in this hotel, and were constantly greeted by name. All the staff were very helpful and efficient, and could not do enough for us.

This was our first stay at this hotel, but will not be our last!!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 7, 2013

Understanding how wildly expensive Paris is for U.S. travelers, i was understandably nervous about what I would find at the Hotel de Vendome, where i had booked a four-night stay. This charming hotel is on the block immediately off Place Vendome and just around the corner from the Ritz (which is closed for renovation). Our room at Hotel de Vendome was quite reasonable by Paris standards, generously sized, and the service was old world charming. Only 29 rooms makes the place quite intimate, almost all the staff were quite helpful and pleased to have us staying with them (refreshing for Paris) and overall i would go back most certainly. The small bar/restaurant is alright and the service there is actually quite dim, but everything else about the hotel is Five Star.

Room Tip: Buy the modest upgrade for a superior room
Rochdale, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 4, 2013

I had the absolute pleasure of staying in a suite at this hotel for 4 nights this last week . The service was impeccable and the bar was a lovely relaxing area to indulge in a delicious glass of pink champagne after shopping. Our suite was fantasic with every comfort you could wish for. The hotel is perfectly placed for shopping and dinning out. I would recommend this hotel without hesitation!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends

Been to Hotel de Vendome? Share your experiences!