“Perfection in Paris” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de Vendome

You added Hotel de Vendome to your Saves list
Hotel de Vendome
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   1 Place Vendome, 75001 Paris, France (Louvre / Place Vendôme)   |
Ranked #362 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Macon, Georgia
“Perfection in Paris”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed March 7, 2013

This boutique hotel is truly a jewel --superbly located right off the Rue St- Honore. The location is ideal for dining, shopping, or visiting major attractions. You will be pampered by an outstanding and friendly staff; all of whom are willing to go above and beyond whatever you may request. An added plus is the highly rated restaurant within the hotel. A bit of a splurge perhaps, but more than worth it!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (37)
  • Korean first
New York City, New York
4 of 5 stars Reviewed March 6, 2013

I had the pleasure of staying at Hotel de Vendome with a friend last fall. The location could not have been better. It was central to so many sights that we visited.

The restaurant was beautiful. It was such a lovely way to begin our days. Our waitress, (I believe her name was Daniella), was always professional but so much fun.She would explain all the shops and places that she thought we would enjoy.

I can not say enough nice things about the front desk staff. We has so many questions. They always had a wonderfully sweet attitude when they helped us.
I must make a particular mention of a gentleman named Jacem. After he checked us in, he alerted us to certain scams that we should be aware of in town. No sooner do we leave the hotel we were faced with one. We knew to ignore the person and continue walking. No big deal.
He made our dinner reservations before we arrived.
Each evening he gave me a card with the name, address and telephone number of the restaurant, in case I needed to show it to the taxi driver.
It was so caring and kind.

They spoiled us. We did not want to leave.
I thank all of you again for such a lovely visit.

Room Tip: Since rooms in Paris are generally small, try to book a room with a sitting area. I think all the r...
  • Stayed October 2012, traveled with friends
Manila,Philippines
2 of 5 stars Reviewed February 13, 2013

rooms are dim. dark. all nice interiors. cindy front office staff not nice. we are so tired from 20 hour plane trip and gave a very bad room. window of room so high, no view. you need to climb the steps they provided to open your window but light from outside does not come thru.
only bellman is nice but admitted room at second floor given to us is a bad room. will never come back. i asked to be transferred and only room available was a junior suite which cindy (front office staff) is asking for extra 800 euros a night!! we ended up at 400 euros / night extra...grrrr.

Room Tip: never book and allow rooms at second floor.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
3 of 5 stars Reviewed February 11, 2013

On arrival we were duly shown to our room, surely the smallest room this hotel has to offer. A hotel of this ranking should not be able to get away with offering such a claustrophobic room at the prices they charge. It was not a good start. They were not full and their customer approach was bizarre. Only when we produced the advert showing the room we thought we had booked through Expedia did we finally get moved. Service throughout the rest of our stay was adequate. The location is very central and that is one of the few positives. If you choose to stay here, be very sure about what size room you are booking to avoid disappointment.

Room Tip: If you book a classic room, be prepared for it to be very small indeed.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed February 3, 2013

I spent €10,000 here in December 2012 for my daughter's wedding. One of their employees behaved disgracefully & I have been trying for the last 7 weeks to get some attention from the hotel management. Incredibly the 2 most senior managers - The Executive General Manager, Elie Louca & the Hotel Manager Etienette Clamouze refuse to reply to my correspondence & voice messages. I have been courteous all the way through & just want an adequate apology & suitable redress against the employee concerned. Nobody replies so what else can I do but report them on Tripadvisor? Stay away because if you have a problem it will not be dealt with

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
Etc1, Resident Manager at Hotel de Vendome, responded to this review, February 12, 2013
Dear Sir,
May I express my surprise to read this.
I did respond to your email and I am not sure I understand your comment in here.
I have resent you my email just now and I remain at your disposal to further discuss that.
I would be happy to call you directly at your best convenience, it is a shame that you feel like this despite the special event you had in our establishment.
Hopefully we will be able to talk soon.
Best regards,
Etiennette Clamouze
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed February 2, 2013

The location of Hotel De Vendome is in a fantastic location It is close to museums, great restaurants, around the corner from Laduree, yum. Chanel on rue Cambon ouch. We were a walk away(we like walking) from some great restaurants.The breakfasts were not worth the money so we gave it a miss after trying it once. The girls a reception were a great help with everything from where to eat etc, always smilling & happy. There was a young upstart that worked upstairs, but you will find them everywhere. All in all we would stay their again.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Place de Vendome would be great.
  • Stayed June 2012, traveled as a couple
Sydney, Australia
2 of 5 stars Reviewed January 11, 2013

Central to most things you would want to be near in Paris. A 15 minute walk to the Louvre & a 40 minute (very easy) walk to the Eiffel Tower.

I think overall the staff need a refresher course on customer service & general courtesy.

A promise to get back to us on a breakfast enquiry did not happen & the booking out of the restaurant for breakfast on our last morning for a function (and therefore no room for us) was only discovered when I phoned the concierge the evening before, which meant I could have missed the room service requirement for that morning. A notice was apparently pinned to the inside of the elevator. There are only 19 rooms in this hotel & for the prices charged I would expect a butler to arrive to personally tell me of the changed arrangements but no..... too arrogant for that.

Arrived in the empty restaurant one evening at about 7pm & asked to see the menus & after 15 minutes we decided to eat there but were told that the restaurant was fully booked. I asked the young fellow why he didn't tell us that when we asked to see the menus & he arrogantly replied, "you only asked to see the menus". This was typical of the hotel staff, which I viewed as less than helpful & at worst, arrogant.

Also, the $1,000 plus hold on my Mastercard was not lifted several days later which caused a reject on my credit card purchase in Singapore - even though the accommodation was fully pre-paid several months in advance & our room service & small ancillary charges were setlled in cash.

Air con was hot even though it was the beginning of winter.

I would not stay at this hotel again as the service is poor & I seem too much of an inconvenience for the staff.

Room Tip: Find another hotel
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de Vendome? Share your experiences!