“I'm Not not Sure How to Rate This One...” 3 of 5 stars

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
La Java
105 Rue Faubourg-du-Temple, Paris, France (Entrepôt)
33-1-42-02-20-52
Improve this listing
Ranked #220 of 313 Nightlife in Paris
Type: Dance Club/ Discos, Clubs
Activities: Dancing, Nightlife
More attraction details
Owner description: This lively dance club offers musical beats from throughout the world.
Atlanta, Georgia
13 attraction reviews
“I'm Not not Sure How to Rate This One...”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 21, 2013

Two friends and I met some people headed to La Java as we were leaving the train station on a Saturday night. As we were walking there, they described it as a typical Paris club with good music and a chill crowd - it's the place where people in Paris who are more middle class would go. We got there, and I'm not sure if it was some kind of theme night, but it was definitely an interesting crowd of people dressed in interesting outfits with a serious mix of straight, gay, lesbian, transgender, etc. etc. etc. with a bit more emphasis on the eccentric. It was good for people watching, but if you are conservative in any way, this is definitely not the place for you. The locals we had met told us that it wasn't normally like that, so I don't have anything to compare it to, but perhaps have someone at your hotel call ahead and check to see what's happening there that night? Regardless, we ended up drinking and dancing until 6 a.m. so I guess we weren't having too terrible of a time! Plus, there was a street creperie a block away for drunken munchies as we were leaving.

Visited January 2013