“Fantastic Place!!” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Ermitage Hotel Sacre-Coeur

We can't find prices for this hotel
Ermitage Hotel Sacre-Coeur
You added Ermitage Hotel Sacre-Coeur to your Saves list
1.0 of 5 Hotel   |   24 Rue Lamarck | 18 Arr., 75018 Paris, France (Montmartre)   |
Ranked #302 of 1,794 Hotels in Paris
Certificate of Excellence 2014
“Fantastic Place!!”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 12, 2013 via mobile

I contaced Sophie at l'Ermitage and she promptly emailed me back saying that there were no hotel rooms available for the week I was traveling. However, she gladly booked me a studio apartment in the building next door. The apartment did not include breakfast, but that was ok with me. I arrived and was warmly greeted by Sophie's mother Maggy. They are both very genuine and accommodating people and made me feel right at home.

I was placed on the ground floor with a nice view of the gardens, and everything was immaculately clean and furnished in a very comfortable old-french style. The room was cleaned daily, and included a small kitchen area that realllly came in handy. The location is very close to the Sacre-Couer, but I suggest you avoid the tourist traps on that side of the hill and explore the Lamarck/Caulaincourt neighborhood. There are some great hotels and bistros right between the hotel and the metro!! I had a wonderful time staying here and will definitely book again if/when I go back (possible in the main hotel next time). Thanks Sophie and Maggy!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Penicuik
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 11, 2013

We stayed in a studio apartment from Mon 13th to Thursday 16th and one night in a double room in the Hotel. We would go along with all the good things that have been said. Our particular studio was small and had a fridge and microwave but we managed to self cater. The rooms are beautifully decorated with fabric wall papers and many other great touches. Great service and friendliness. There was a garage for car that the hotel owns and reserves spaces for their own use and the metro is conveniently local and there is a lift to avoid the 90+ steps down (and up!).

Room Tip: Just check on room size and catering facilities in the studio apartments if that is important and yo...
California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 21, 2013

What good luck! L'Ermitage is always fully booked but Madame Sophie ( by convenient email exchange ) let us have a two bedroom apartment that a regular had just cancelled. Delightful!

Madame Maggie is warm, attentive, and so much fun. She has the good fortune to have the loyal support of a diverse clientele that appreciates her as much as she values them.

Some practical tips:

- Gare du Nord is nearby (Eurostar),

- Paris Visite ( ratp.fr) affords you unlimited use of the all electric Montmartrebus which passes directly in front of the hotel. Same goes for access to funiculaire/metro/bus, etc.,

- BNP ATM located just down the hill near the metro,

- A self service laundry is within steps and very convenient if you have the good fortune to stay longer,

- This side of the hill is quiet and safe ( there is an elementary school in the neighborhood),

- Don't miss Musee de Montmartre.

Room Tip: The apartments can offer good value if you need the extra room and space.
Poole, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 20, 2013

My wife and I returned from Paris last night. We booked this hotel (Guest House) because of the reviews and they were not wrong. It is pointless me adding to the description as the other reviewers have done a sterling job but, I really wanted to say that the proprietress Maggie, was the sweetest lady, who did all she could to advise us where to eat, where to visit and where to shop. Although a £100 meal, the Bistro she recommended just down the street 'Poulbot' was delicious and added great value to our visit. Finally, the Louvre is free Saturday evening 6-9 and there were no long queues. Have a lovely trip.

Helsinki, Finland
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 14, 2013

I found this Hotel trough tripadvisor and it lived up to the prases! We stayed in Paris this time for two nights but I will return and will choose to stay here again! It is a really personal place and thevrooms are covered flover tapestry and antique furniture, toilets are clean and the breakfast was brougt to the room( basic french: Coffee, tea or cocoa and croisants & baguette with butter and jam). The old lady of the house is friendly and helpfull! There is no tv or minibar in the rooms but lots of romance and charm in a almost funnyway!!! The area is wonderfull, but as it is on the highest place of Paris you will need good walking shoes or take the shutle bus coming upnthe hill. (I dont know how late it operates as we walked ( and lost a few pounds despite of great food experienses)). You can only book this hotel by phone and pay in cash, but there is Wi-Fi.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

I never write reviews,but I must about this wonderful hotel! My husband took me here for my 40th birthday,what a treat! The rooms were better than the pictures,like stepping back in time,yet with a spacious modern bathroom. The owner was delightful,and gave plenty of helpful advice. If you want to be a little out of the hustle and bustle after a busy day sightseeing than this is for you! Great bistro on the same road,best food we had in all of paris!

Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
Nottingham, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 7, 2013

This is exactly what other reviewers have said. My daughter and I were so well looked after. We had a room with 2 double beds - one each!! The ensuite is small but adequate, though the VERY small bath tub took some getting use to if you only wanted to shower - and there is a notice to all ladies to not get make up on the towels, so go prepared with your own face cloth so as not to ruin their WHITE towels!!! We bought a tourist tea towel which solved the problem!! The location was great, felt safe at night walking back to the hotel from eating out. Plenty of bistros to choose from, but not cheap. Unfortunately our first bistro turned out to be a nightmare for my daughter who is allergic to nuts! The bread (which I thought was wonderful ) had pistachios and walnuts in it which somehow passed onto her food and caused her to have a reaction, so, for anyone else with nut allergies BEWARE!! Have the Piriton ready!! I cannot fault the attention Madame Maggie and her daughter Sophie gave us from having breakfast brought up to our room to the farewells - made us feel like we were saying 'Au revoir' to old friends. The metro instructions given on the Ermitage website is easy and accurate to follow. We bought a 3 day pass for the metro - well worth it to get to the sights quickly. There is an AMT cash point (HSBC) just before you get to the Lamarck Metro station which I found very useful having used a money card for the first time - saved having to carry too many euros in cash especially when you have to pay for the hotel in cash. A useful note- anyone under 25 doesn't have to pay for some attractions eg- Notre Dame tower and Arch de Triomphe and there are reductions in other places like the Opera Garnier. Despite one night of heavy rain we had a wonderful time sight-seeing and to come back to the peace of hotel Ermitage and have a comfortable night's sleep was so welcome. Would definately stay here again and again!

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family

Been to Ermitage Hotel Sacre-Coeur? Share your experiences!