“Construction next door” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Raphael

You added Hotel Raphael to your Saves list
Hotel Raphael
5.0 of 5 Hotel   |   17 Avenue Kleber | 16 Arr., 75116 Paris, France (Passy)   |
Ranked #224 of 1,793 Hotels in Paris
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
“Construction next door”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 4, 2014

This is a lovely hotel. We have stayed there twice now. Beautifully decorated and the concierge especially are great. Close to the Arc de Triomphe, and right beside the Kléber metro station makes it a convenient place to be. BUT this trip, it would have been nice to have been advised prior to booking, that the Peninsula Hotel next door was undergoing construction. We barely got 3-4 hours of sleep and were there three nights. Construction (jackhammering) one morning started at 3AM. Yes, 3 in the morning. We love the hotel, and it is by no means their fault their neighbour is undergoing renovations...but if you are there to relax - call to find out when the construction next door is over or ask to be on another side of the hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Directeur général at Hotel Raphael, responded to this review, February 16, 2014
Dear valued guest,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for being repeat & loyal guests of the Hotel Raphael. Thank you also for taking the time to share your comments on Tripadvisor following your last recent stay in January 2014.

We are lucky with our prime location being just moments from many of the highlights that Paris has to offer. It makes seeing everything so easy and many of the top spots are only a few minutes stroll from the Hotel Raphael. It sounds as though you were able to take advantage of that.

Thank you for highlighting the quality of service and professionalism of our staff. I will make sure to share your positive feedback with our concierges.We want to tailor-made each stay regardless if it’s your first, second or twelfth time with us and we urge our prospective guests to be imaginative and contact us to discuss what we can do before our team begins it magic to provide unique experiences of a lifetime!

I would like to sincerely apologize for any noise inconvenience that occurred during your stay. As you mentioned, the construction works in the street are beyond our control; I am sorry to read you were wake-up so early as they usually don’t start before 08.30am or 09.00am. I totally understand your disappointment. Rest assured that during this period we do our utmost to satisfy our clientele and to keep any eventual inconvenience to a minimum. Our aim is to make your stay as welcoming and as pleasant as possible. However, please be informed that the construction works will end very soon in March.

I hope we will have the pleasure to welcoming you back soon for a better and quieter experience. Why not coming back for summer time and enjoy our terrace with breathtaking panoramic views over Paris monuments?

Sincerely Yours,

Hotel Raphael

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (38)
  • Polish first
s.a
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 8, 2014

We stayed in hotel Raphael in Paris for the new year. It was the perfect choice. The location is just perfect with two minutes walk from the champs elect see and with all the nice coffee shops and restaurants. The room was spacious and very clean and we had an upgrade to a suite. It had two big closets but no drawers at all. There was also a problem with the water in the shower switching from warm to cold with no control. The service was excellent and the conceriege was extremely helpful. I loved this hotel and I strongly recommend it for couples and families.

• Stayed December 2013
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Raphael, responded to this review, January 10, 2014
Dear valued guest,

We would like to thank you for the time you took in sharing your recent experience at the Raphael Hotel for New Year’s Eve on TripAdvisor.
We are delighted to read that you have enjoyed staying with us and would like to wish you, first of all, a happy new year.

The location of our property is indeed very central, at few minutes’ walk from the Arc de Triomphe, trendy shops and major museums.
Each of our spacious rooms enjoys a unique décor. We are glad to read that the Suite you stayed in met your expectations. We would like to truly apologize for the inconvenience you have encountered with the water temperature and will forward your comments to the appropriate service in order to avoid such problems in the future.

Every day all our staff makes sure that our guests feel at home, it will therefore be a pleasure to forward them your kind comments in regards to the service, they will be delighted to read it.
Again, we thank you for your time, and we are looking forward to welcoming you soon again at the Raphael hotel.

Manhattan Beach, California, USA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed January 2, 2014

My first thought when walking in was "wow!" and I imagined all the history that must have walked through the doors here. It's beautiful and very french. Your met by the concierge staff who turned out to be just fantastic all during our stay. From taxi's to advise for the metro, they were always right there for you. A truly professional staff.

We were led to out room (104) and we were blown away. It was huge and well designed. So french again. My wife was happy with the bathroom as well. Great products (Vrei) and the overall layout. We learned to love our bath and shower after long days on the streets of Paris. The room had tons of closets.

I did not eat at the restaurant, but spent plenty of time in the bar which was again filled with rich history. I felt like they knew me right away, all the staff was friendly and knowledgeable.

I thought the Raphael was a good price for the quality we got and i would love to stay there again.

Paris is magical anytime, but Christmas was a special treat.

Room Tip: Big big rooms at least in the junior suite category. We had a bit of noise from the construction nex...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Directeur général at Hotel Raphael, responded to this review, January 3, 2014
Dear valued guest,

Thank you so much for your generous comments and for your five star on TripAdvisor following your recent stay with us over Christmas.

It’s a wonderful compliment for us to know you enjoyed a true Parisian experience. I am so glad that you were happy with your choice to splurge and stay in one of our spacious junior suite and that you felt that it was well worth it. Thank you for such a wonderful description of your room & décor. Built in 1925, the hotel preserved such original details as rich silks, tasteful antiques and damask wallpaper. The Junior suites and suites boast Louis XV and Louis XVI style furniture and roomy wardrobes in mahogany and oak. A wood-carved archway and matching curtains partially separate the living room from the bedroom.
I am glad to know you wife was happy with the bathroom and the Fragonard amenities.

Our cosy English Bar is indeed very popular; sipping here a glass of champagne or a cocktail is a great way to end a long day of sightseeing. Hope next time you will be able to taste our restaurant and the cuisine of our chef Amandine Chaignot; she is one of the very few women to have taken the reigns of a top Parisian restaurant.

The hotel is still owned by the same French family over 4 generations and our entire staff works every day to recreate the feeling of being welcomed into a luxurious family home for our guests. Your nice compliments on our service and staff are a great reward to our continuous efforts to meet our clients' expectations.

Again thank you so much for reviewing the hotel; it means so much to us!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back soon for more incredible and “wow” memories at the Hotel Raphael. In the meantime, I wish you a wonderful and glowing year 2014.

Best regards,

Sunshine coast
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 25, 2013

We stayed in this hotel earlier this year before our trip to Provence.
We were attending a conference so being close to the metro line that took us to the Paris conference centre was a big factor. The location was easy walking to the Eiffel Tower, Champs the élysées and fab shopping.
it's luxury reputation was why we chose this hotel.
It didn't disappoint.
We stayed in a suite and it was like having your own Parisian apartment furnished with antiques and luxurious brocaded and comfortable furniture.
The staff were young, courteous and friendly. The restaurant really lovely with an excellent breakfast with a basket of fresh French breads and croissants for every table. Dinner in this hotel was a pleasant surprise I actually liked this restaurant better than Fouquets as it was not crowded and the food was simple, very French with beautiful fresh vegetables, fish was divine.
A great intimate cocktail bar was a plus too.
My husband and would readily return to this hotel anytime we go back to Paris, as it had everything we love in a hotel.

Room Tip: The suite was so lovely, upgrade it you can.
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, General Manager at Hotel Raphael, responded to this review, December 27, 2013
Dear valued guest,

Thank you for posting a glowing review of your stay at the Hotel Raphael and for highlighting the key points that makes the hotel so special. I am charmed to read your passionate appreciation of the many excellent facilities the hotel has to offer.

I am delighted that you liked your spacious suite decorated with antique furniture and felt that the hotel was in the perfect location for exploring Paris major attractions.

I am happy that you got to experience our delicious breakfast with homemade pastries/bread and glad you enjoyed our excellent restaurant. Our chef Amandine Chaignot and her brigade produce such an array of sumptuous treats it is so difficult to know what to choose!

It is always lovely to read that a guest has experienced flawless service throughout the hotel and the teams are all chuffed to pieces to see that this has been recognized.

Thank you for your perfect compliments and recommendations, and we all look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Hotel Raphael. Why not come back in July for Bastille Day and enjoy a divine dinner on our roof terrace while watching the Eiffel Tower fireworks illuminating Paris skylines? A must do, so romantic…

Warmest regards,

Harrogate, United Kingdom
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 5, 2013 via mobile

A fantastic experience. Like a charming renaissance old world hotel - even the wooden elevator made us feel like we were back in the 30's! Service and quality were excellent, rooms large and lavishly appointed. All of this does justify the price. Would recommend.

• Stayed November 2013
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Directeur général at Hotel Raphael, responded to this review, December 7, 2013
Dear valued guest,

I would like to thank you for sharing your impressions following your recent stay at the Hotel Raphael. We are so appreciative of feedback from our guests, and most especially when it is so positive!

I enjoy reading your review, especially as you have summed up so succinctly all that makes our hotel so special…”luxury and style”, ”fantastic experience”,” charming old world hotel” are very nice comments. Merci!

I am glad to read that you liked the decor of our historical hotel, our spacious rooms and service.
Built in 1925, the hotel preserved such original details as rich silks, tasteful antiques and damask wallpaper and a unique wooden elevator. Many loyal guests have chosen this hotel offering luxury, elegance and discretion as their home away from home. The Hotel Raphael is proud of the unique ‘hospitality savoir-faire’ that has been the backbone of its success since its opening and is the quintessence of the French-style art of living.

We aim to make our guests feel as comfortable as possible and are delighted to hear your every need was taken care of. It’s a pleasure for us to know you recommend our hotel to the readers of Tripadvisor. Thank you for being our ambassador!

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel Raphael in the near future. Why not come back during spring time and enjoy our roof terrace with stunning views over the Arc de Triomphe or the Eiffel Tower?

Sincerely yours,

london
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 3, 2013

Magical weekend!!

Such a warm welcome from the doorman, asking me how my journey was in French. I feel in love with Paris at that precise moment.

As we walked into the entrance, it was 'Paris under a roof' so traditional and 'French'. The staff couldn't help you enough. Our room wasn't ready ( we were early) so we were shown into a plush bar. Red and velvety and offered complimentary drinks. The man at reception came to collect us after half an hour or so and wished me happy birthday and informed us that he had put a complimentary bottle of champagne in our room. I felt like a princess.

Our room was perfect. Room 15 - bathroom on one side of a small entrance, bedroom on the other. Clear instructions left in the room for guests and adorned in mirrors making the room feel rather grand.

We immediately went to explore the roof top garden and look at the views which took out breath away. It was November and the rooftop bar is closed out of season, but the garden didn't feel neglected. Still bright little flowers and tidy.

Such a fab location, we basically walked everywhere! The concierge were so helpful- from where to eat to which metro stop is best for certain locations.

I haven't stopped thinking about my stay since I left. I miss everything. When I return to Paris I shall not even consider another hotel- I shall only stay here in the future. C'est parfait :)

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Directeur général at Hotel Raphael, responded to this review, December 8, 2013
Dear clare_bear83,

Thank you for taking the time to post a glowing review of your stay at the Hotel Raphael. It was a pleasure to read your comments and feedback, and a privilege that you chose to share your 30th birthday celebration with us. For over 80 years we have been a peaceful hideaway for couples to kindle their romance and we are so honored you chose to spend this special occasion with us.

It was a pleasure to read your positive comments about every aspect of the hotel and that you found the service second to none from the point of arrival to your departure.
We pride ourselves on providing our guests with intuitive, personalized service delivery and on ensuring that all guests feel welcome and completely at home. I am delighted that our entire team, most notably the doorman, the reception and the concierges provided you with an exceptional experience.

Our centralized location is always a guest favorite, and we are thrilled you took advantage of all the amazing attractions within walking distance of our hotel.

Each of our spacious rooms enjoys a unique layout and décor. I am glad that you found a room that met your expectations. Hotel Raphael, true to its guiding principles, has meticulously incorporated contemporary technology into an original décor with Louis XV- and Louis XVI-style furniture. The modern bathrooms are decorated with tiles and mosaics.

We thank you for spending the time to share your story and feedback about our wonderful team and service. We hope the Hotel Raphael will always hold a special place in your heart, and that we will have the opportunity to celebrate many more milestone moments with you in the future.

We are proud to know you will always consider us as your first choice when you return to Paris. Next time, hope you will be able to come back during summer time and enjoy a romantic dinner on our roof terrace while watching the Eiffel Tower sparking. So romantic, so Paris…

Warmest Regards,

Paris
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2013

Excellent situation for a shopping spree in the capital. Small room but perfect for a weekend. Breakfast could be a litle more generous. Will recommend it to my friends who want to find a central point in Paris at a very affordable price.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple

Review collected in partnership with Galahotels.com

LES_HOTELS_BAVEREZ, Directeur général at Hotel Raphael, responded to this review, November 29, 2013
Dear paddington009,

First of all, I would like to thank you very much for your kind feedback after your stay at the Hotel Raphael.
It’s a pleasure to read that your stay has reached your expectations and that you are keen to recommend our hotel to your friends.

The location of our property is indeed very central, at few minutes from the trendy shops of the Champs-Elysées and the exclusive Montaigne Avenue. You can also easily reach major touristic attractions and monuments such as the Arc de Triomphe, the Eiffel Tower, the Grand Palais, the Jacquemart André Museum and the Modern Art Museum.

It was a surprise to read that you found your room too small because our smallest category (Classic room) is approx. 30 m² and is considered very large for Paris. For your future stay, why not trying a Deluxe room (approx 40m²)? With its spacious guest room and office area, traditional furniture and roomy wardrobes, this room will guarantee you a magnificent escapade in the heart of Paris.

Be sure your comments about breakfast offer will also be forwarded to the restaurant.

Again thank you for taking the time to write this review. We look forward to welcoming you again at the Raphael hotel in the near future.

Kindest regards,

Hotel Raphael

Been to Hotel Raphael? Share your experiences!