“cheap and cheerful” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Parc de la Villette

Parc de la Villette
Ave. Corentin-Cariou or Ave. Jean-Jaures, Paris, France (Buttes Chaumont / La Villette)
33-8-03-30-63-06
Improve this listing
Book a Tour

Ranked #230 of 732 attractions in Paris
Type: Parks
More attraction details
Attraction Details
Owner description: This 130-acre park in northeast Paris is home to a music academy, a science museum and an IMAX theater.
Blackburn, United Kingdom
“cheap and cheerful”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 29, 2012

very close to my hotel and was a fun place to be on a sunday afternoon there were small rides for the children and pancake stalls. A boat ride was available for 2 euros, which was value for money

Visited August 2012

• Polish first
Saint Paul, Minnesota
5 attraction reviews
“The kids review”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed August 28, 2012

My three children are ages 8, 6 & 5. We took the long train to the park today and had to pull the children away. They were thoroughly entertained with the few amusement rides and rode the swings and the carousel. We also paid 5 euros for three tickets to bike the ponies in the adjacent area. We finally made it to the free playground which is divided by age group 0-2 ans, 3-5 ans, 5-8 ans and 9-12 ans. It seems, however, that very few adhere to these age recommendations. There was a zip line type apparatus, climbing, monkey bars and hamster wheels. My kids don't speak French, but each seemed to find a new friend and found a way to communicate with hand gestures. We had so much fun that we will return again. We are staying by pont neuf so it was a straight shot on the metro about 15 stops, but it went quick!

Visited August 2012
“Still under renovation”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 21, 2012 via mobile

No playground areas were open for kids. Museum wanted us to wait an hour and a half to join activities in the 5-12 years old area. A long subway ride for nothing.

Lexington, Virginia
3 attraction reviews
“Perfect spot for runners”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed August 20, 2012

This park and the adjacent Ourcq canal is one of the best spots in Paris for joggers. While not as conventionally scenic as the Luxembourg gardens or the Champ de Mars (some of the city's other popular running locations), the Parc de la Villette has a futuristic charm. Plus, there are very few other spots in Paris that allow you to run along the water for long stretches without dodging traffic or hordes of pedestrians. Other commenters' concerns that the park is not in a "good neighborhood" likely reflect the fact that it is not located in a central, highly-touristed part of the city, and that the area is somewhat ethnically diverse. In my opinion, runners--including women like myself--have nothing at all to worry about here or elsewhere in the 19th arrondissement.

Visited July 2012
“Don't waste your day”
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 16, 2012

This parc is not in a good neighborhood, in my opinion. I would never walk outside the parc without my husband. The kids thought the parc area was "cool" but I didn't think the stress of the neighborhood or the long transportation was worth my time. Much of the parc was closed, so we ended up just hanging out in the play area. Luxembourg Gardens was a much better location and had a fantastic play area for the kids. All four of my children rented sailboats and played happily in the fountain, as well as the well thought out and expansive playground.