“Tranquil,elegant and comfortable.” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain

Save Saved
You added Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain to your Saves list
Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain
4.0 of 5 Hotel   |   10 rue Cassette | 06 Arr., 75006 Paris, France (Luxembourg)   |
Special Offer
Package Deal
Ranked #27 of 1,794 hotels in Paris
new york city
“Tranquil,elegant and comfortable.”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 21, 2013

My girlfriend and I had the pleasure of staying 13 nights at l'Abbaye in a deluxe room. The room was comfortable, quiet ,spacious and clean.The staff managed to find that difficult balance of impeccable professionalism with warmth.The entire atmosphere was one of soothing intelligent unpretentious sophistication.This is hotel artistry.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple

595 people have reviewed this hotel

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 20, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed in a one room apartment in this lovely hotel. Not only was the service and hospitality we experienced first rate, it's all done with such warmth. We have traveled quite a bit in Europe and my husband travels for business all over the world. Hotels like L'Abbaye are such a gem as opposed to the large chains that all look alike no matter where you are. As much as I enjoyed Paris and am remembering it fondly, I also find myself missing the staff at L'Abbaye. As others have mentioned, our room was very charming and always very clean. The bathrooms were impeccable. I also appreciated that the common areas were kept tidy.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Toronto
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 17, 2013

I stayed at L'Abbaye for four wonderful nights in June. It was everything I had hoped for as this was a special trip to Paris. The service is outstanding and the staff and attention to detail is 5 star. I felt welcome as soon as soon as I arrived. The décor is beautiful, the location outstanding, and the lovely inner garden/courtyard a boon. Its a great location to start the day over breakfast or enjoy a drink with friends prior to dinner out. My room was small but perfect for one person and extremely well appointed and designed. Bathroom was quite large and the windows in both the main room and bath were wide and tall and a delight to open in the morning. The AC worked very well and was quiet!! Enjoyed the breakfast and coffee in the morning and had a late lunch their a few times and all were delicious. The staff were so helpful with restaurant recommendations, taxis, directions etc. A nice group of people seem to stay here so even though I was travelling alone, I always had someone to chat with or exchange siteseeing suggestions with. I cant wait to go back with my husband or daughters in the future. Don't hesitate if you are considering this hotel....its perfect!

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking inner courtyard.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled solo
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 14, 2013

We could not have been happier with this hotel. It is perfectly located on a quiet street on the 6th arr. The staff was very friendly and helpful. The room was gorgeous and had a view of the hotel's beautiful little garden. We really enjoyed our stay. Would return.

Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
Carmel, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

My husband and I and our children 18 & 20 stayed in a two room apartment. Can't say enough about this hotel! Fabulous location just off the San Sulpice metro stop...on a very quiet side street. The rooms were very stylishly decorated, the bathrooms were incredibly clean with wonderful amenities and lots of towels. The patio courtyard where we ate breakfast in the morning and had afternoon aperitifs was so charming. The staff was very friendly and attentive. After walking for miles around Paris we felt lucky to return to such a wonderful retreat. I will definitely recommend this to anyone traveling to Paris. I think it was very reasonably priced considering everything they provided.

Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
Jacksonville, Florida
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 29, 2013

We have just returned from a 5 day stay at this wonderful boutique hotel. Any fan of small hotels (this has just 40 rooms) will love it here. I don't know haw you could have made the stay any better. Its location on the left bank is idea, easy walking distance to all the left bank sites and action and near the metro. It is on a quiet street, making for a relaxed stay. The staff was superb, any request was instantly addressed. The could not do enough for you. After a day, most of the staff recognized you by name, always with a smile. Our room, with its classic French decor, was very comfortable and clean. The common spaces had an intimacy that was very appealing. Morning breakfasts and afternoon teas were delightful. If it is possible to feel truly at home in a hotel, this is the place.

Having stayed a several Paris hotels, large and small, I would rate this hotel at the very top. We will return for sure and I recommend most fervently that you give it a try.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
New York City, New York
5 of 5 stars Reviewed May 28, 2013

We stayed five nights after checking out of hotel around the corner. Room was nicely laid out and bathroom had a bathtub and stall shower.Staff was very helpful and were very good at recommending local reasonably priced restaurants.Near Metro and Luxemburg gardens.We will come back.

Room Tip: We were in # 38
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled as a couple

Been to Hotel de l'Abbaye Saint-Germain? Share your experiences!